August 31, 2014 | 1040 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I'm usually a Colorstay gal, but wanted to try this as a more lightweight foundation with spf for summer. What amazed me right off the bat is that you don't need much of this foundation to get good coverage and it looks and feels lightweight and like you're not wearing foundation at all. I like that it comes with a sponge in a separate little box so I can carry it in my bag for touch ups if needed. It was very warm and humid today and my makeup stayed put. I have combo/oily skin and I do have to blot after a few hours, but I don't mind because the makeup stays on. I'm very picky about foundation and this one is a keeper! I recommend it to anyone who normally wears Colorstay or Double Wear because it's a light, non-cakey look with excellent coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, it is light, pretty high coverage which surprised me, and very layerable. It evens out my skin very nicely and wears beautifully when set with a little powder. I applied it with the sponge which is something alot of people deem taboo, but I love it. Compared to many high end brands, this isn't too expensive for the amount you get, but if you're used to d/s prices it might seem outrageous. The high spf is a bonus, but I bought this mainly for it's durability in the summertime, as compared to things like revlon c/s. Oh, and the match at sp10 is perfect for me, which is also a huge huge bonus! I know the selection might seem limited, but if you can find a match it is great. For some reason shiseido seems to make products perfect for my pale skin which is not too pink or yellow :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by cherrybeary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can put up with a lot for an SPF 42 in a product that works for oily skin.
    I was convinced that I would love this. Actually, it just didn't cut it for me. I agree with the reviewer who said this would be great for the beach, but not as a replacement for foundation, especially since there are some awesome foundations out there.

It was liquidy, and spread nicely with a damp sponge. I wasn't crazy about this with a brush, as it was a little streaky. The SP10 was a tad too dark for me, but workable, just not perfection. I got pretty oily, which is generally fine since I don't mind blotting. However, my main gripe is that I had a hard time getting a nice finish when I put powder over this. I definitely got clumpy as the day wore on. Unfortunately, without powder I was a greaseball....just can't make it through the day without some good powder.

I do love Shiseido, this just wasn't the product for me. I think it would be better for someone with normal to slightly oily skin, not very oily. I'm returning it, which I HATE doing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Georgina23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once again Shiseido has done an awesome job in their foundations.
    I am an NC 30 and use #60. I love the fact that it is a high sunblock and awesome coverage in one.
    It stays on all day and loos flawless. Def worth the price because you do not need much to get beautiful coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One word....Amazing. The abosolutly perfect foundation I have used in over twenty years. Besides the fact that it has sunsreen, doesn't transfer, is lightweight, has a air brushed finish, looks healthy, is waterproof, and is the perfect shade....this also lasts ALL day with no touch ups and covers like a dream. I have med skin tone and 70 is a great match. Less is more and you don't need much. Sounds too good to be true but it's just that good! I won't use anything else in the summer. The key with this is use a very, very small amount and blend with a sponge. I buff it in with a brush after that. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am an NW15, maybe lighter in the winter, with oily/combo SD prone skin. I have been looking for either a foundation, TM or moisturizer that I like with a decent SPF for everyday use.

I picked this up in SP10 (lightest shade) and found the match decent to a hair darker than my winter skin tone. I am sure it will be perfect come summer, though. It's very liquidy and goes on easy. It comes with a little sponge applicator in it's own little container that is nice but I use my fingers to apply. Normally, I hate foundation. Typically it's too thick feeling on my skin and ends up feeling gross about mid day. Not with this I am glad to say. This sinks right in and I have noticed any oily break through at all during the day. (Summer will be the real test, though). The coverage is meduim yet buildable which is fine for me because besides some redness on my cheeks, my skin is pretty good. I wanted this more for the SPF than anything else.

My skin is super duper sensitive and I am prone to SD around my eyes. This didn't bother my skin at all. No itches, nothing. Hard to believe because most foundations - liquid or powder make me itch to some degree. It's very comfortable. There is also no funky SS smell to this either.

One thing I don't like about it is the bottle itself. While it's better than having a glass bottle with a large open mouth, this is plastic with a plastic nozzle. Mine leaks a bit, so I put this in my cabinet insead of with the rest of my MU. Not a deal breaker. I am sure this will become HG for me as long as it performs well this summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by anthonybaby89

This foundation has been my go to foundation for about a year. I am NC 25/30 and I use SP40. It is medium coverage and what I most enjoy is the actual scent of the foundation (not like most foundations that smell like chemicals) I usually use my fingers to apply and I find that it blends easily and you definitely only need the smallest amount (if you don't need to cover much) I set with MSF in medium plus and gives me such a beautiful finish.

Pros: Medium Coverage, SPF protection, Smell, Matte finish ( I have oily/combination skin), Cute/efficient packaging, Long Lasting (8+hours on normal skin), Does not settle into large pores,

Cons: Pricey, does not last as long on very oily skin (I have a really oily t-zone, and I do have to blot about four hours later, which is not bad), Few color range SP10-70 (for NC30 use SP50), Definitely NEED TO moisturize dry skin/patches before applying as it tends to highlight dry areas.

I definitely recommend this foundation, it has been my favorite for months! :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by arianah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product only because I'm a surfer, and I heard that many pro surfers use it because it blocks uv rays so well. Well, that part is true-- it's the best sunblock ever. It doesn't budge after hours in the water, and it totally prevents those crappy sunspots/freckles that pop up after an afternoon surfing.
    If you spill some drops in the sink, you will need a scouring pad and Ajax to scrape it off. It does not budge!
    So as a waterproof sunblock, this stuff is gold! If I'd found it 10 years ago, I might've salvaged my skin from all that surfing sun damage!

However, as a foundation for non-sport use, this stuff sucks because the color selection is horrible. I am half Asian, so I thought for sure I'd find a good match with Shiseido. Nope. If I dare wear this for non-surfing purposes, I end up looking pasty as a zombie.

If Shiseido could figure out how to manufacture a decent color palette, this would be GREAT -- since it goes on so smoothly, is really lightweight, and only requires a few drops for the whole face.

I'll continue to buy this-- but as a sport sunblock only, not as an actual foundation, (unless I'm planning on going out for Halloween dressed as a corpse).

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Baybeebubble

Loved this foundation at first - that is until I saw myself in photos - I looked like casper !!! Plus the more I used it the oilier my skin seemed to get !!! One thing I will say though as a postive is that it didn't really break me out - However it definately does not live up to its hyped up reputation - Will not be purchasing again !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by peachiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    - SPF 42 broad spectrum
    - has antioxidant to neutralize free radicals
    - soft, subtle matte finish
    - lasts through sweat, oil and water
    - thin consistency and feels feather-light on skin
    - offers medium coverage
    - great alternative to tinted moisturizer for oily skin gals
    - good alternative to BB creams for med to tan tone gals

This is a good alternative to a tinted moisturizer. It feels so light on the skin and not heavy at all. I blend this in with my clean fingertips and it looks like my natural skin just better. I love the fact that I can use my fingers and save time not washing brushes. This is also a good alternative to BB creams popular in Korea. I know BB creams are limited to having only fair to light shades to choose from. So the shiseido is a great alternative for those with medium to tan skin tones. It's healthy for your skin, protects you from the sun and gives you coverage. I love all-in-one products, especially since i am so limited with time. I'm glad to say that although this does contain a high SPF, it doesn't have that sunscreen smell. Instead, it has a nice light floral scent that is not overpowering and goes away within a few seconds. This hasn't caused me to break out.

I'm a C4 or NC42 in Mac and wear the Shiseido in Sp70. I recommend going to the counter because some shades are pink, orange or yellow toned.

I mainly bought this because I needed something to combat my oiliness. The best way for me to do that is to apply lotion only on areas that needs it, like the corners of my mouth. After that, I would shake the foundation bottle and apply only a couple drops and that's all it takes to spread onto my entire face. It amazes me how thin the liquid is but still offers amazing coverage and is very spreadable. I don't need to wear concealer with this.

My normal cleanser removed this foundation effectively. I read some reviews saying it only comes off with an oil cleanser, but I think if your normal cleanser does the job then just stick to it. My guess is that people who had to switch to an oil cleanser didn't have a very effective original cleanser to begin with. I use my Neutrogena gentle one-step cleanser everyday and love it to pieces. The stores stock it with the makeup section rather than the cleanser section.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No