November 24, 2014 | 2058 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ayoder62000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is way to cakey for me! I also feels like it clogs up my pores way more than my regular powder. So wish I could get my money back!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by M00dycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I've been breaking out a lot alately with revlon colourstay and mac studio fix so I found this little gem to try and control the blemishes. It certainly doesn't aggrevate them or cause more spots and it washes off a lot easier for cleaner pores. I'm very fair but can still wear the colour warm if I blend into my neck though I suit buff a lot more. Very happy with the glow it provides and very good coverage. The only thing is it can be drying around the eye and nose area so I need to moisturise well before applying but this is such a small thing and I do feel it has a much better finish than ColorStay. Would defo recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by curlylox12

This is a good foundation. It feels strange in the summer. Almost gunky. It does help with blemishes in my opinion. I stopped using it due to I found bareminerals which i LOVE. But i do reccommend this product. Its good for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

UPDATE: 6/2013: Yup the new pump bottle formula is different then the old fashioned bottle. I picked up the WARM shade as its part of the 75%off sale at CVS right now (not all the shades are btw, so check the red extra-care price check box first). I figured this would work well for my summer tan in a few weeks and to my surprise it was quite ashy for a 'yellow' tone. Guilty that I was returning an opened/used foundation I instead exchanged it for my NEUTRAL tried and tested shade and wohh was it ORANGE and blotchy in application. I thought I picked up the wrong color so quickly logged on to MUA to see my old review & found a tremendous number of recent reviews claiming the new formula/shades applied & matched differently. MANY said that this blemish healing makeup was causing new/unexplained breakouts that there old bottles didnt. Well Im not going to continue using this to test the theory, its too risky. This is going back, guilt-free.

This is one of the BEST and maybe only? buy worthy product from Almay. Sorry to say, I'm never pleased with this brand as much as I am with the other d/s options. Anyways, I have this in the older (no pump) formula in shade Neutral (I'm a NC25) and I'm impressed.It feels very light (its water based, not oil) and has very good medium to full coverage. I usually dot this all over my face, then go in with a flat top to blend. Last, I top the super pigmented scars still peeping through, let it sit a few secs then pat it on as a concealer. It takes care of everythingg this way. Has a satin-matte finish, so no need for powder. It controls oil well throughout the day & lasts an average 6 hrs (no primer/setting spray)

Now, what your probably waiting for, the reason even I bought this myself, the blemish healing claim?! Well, looks like the salicylic acid really has helped minimize my overall redness & has even diminished some scars within a week use only! My skin overall looks muchh better even with no makeup on. Can't wait to finish this up & see what more results are awaiting and oh yea can't wait to repurchase in the pump form!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year when I was looking for a matte foundation that would last on my skin, have good coverage, and wouldn't cause breakouts. I remember that this foundation didn't apply smoothly on my skin. It was quite a dry, thick formula that didn't want to spread evenly. I was pretty much left with a caky face most of the time. I wore this for a couple of days, and one of my friends commented that my face was peeling. I DON'T have dry skin. I checked in the mirror and sure enough my face was flaky, pores enlarged, visible acne/scars and I was still an oily mess. I ended up throwing away this full bottle of foundation. I'm putting the blame on the salicylic acid this foundation contains on why it applies and looks so horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by leahg2018

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing foundation. My skin has a tendency to break out when i try new products, but I didn't notice any major breakouts while wearing this. I don't even have to use concealer to cover my blemishes anymore, because this foundation does the job perfectly! The shade is a bit dark for me, but it doesn't make me look orange at all. The wear of this foundation is very good, and it seems to last me all day, if i set it with a little bit of powder in my T Zone, where it can get pretty oily. Overall, this is a great product and i do recommend it to anyone considering buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This would have been my HG foundation had it matched my skin tone. It provides medium to full coverage (I have severe acne and scarring, and one layer of this covered very well. That's excellent for a drugstore foundation; I usually find myself applying a thick layer of concealer before I even put foundation on), a matte finish, and a light, non-heavy feeling on the face.
I have extremely pale skin, and I tried this foundation in both Ivory & Buff. Neither shade matched my skin tone, and I ended up looking like an oompa-loompa.
I would highly, highly recommend this for somebody who needs medium to full coverage, has acne and/or oily skin, and does NOT have pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by angelicaalmeria

overall, this is the best foundation i've come across. its very blendable and the color matches my skin well. for its claims to "heal" blemish, i cant really say much because i haven't seen any difference in my bare skin. It doesnt feel heavy, but i use make up removing wipes, and ive noticed that this product is really on my skin. as in it doesnt swipe or slide off very easily, and i like that. only con for me is that it makes me look just a tad bit cakey, but then again maybe its cause im not used to seeing my face with foundation everyday. great product, i recommend it.

Oh and they've changed the packaging! the one i have comes with a pump now, and one pump is the perfect amount and that is a great plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I even surprised myself with this one.. I was REALLY impressed.. I AM an NC25-30 and Bought this in 300, I am going to purchase the 200 so i can mix the two cause the 300 is more of a summer time shade.
I LOVED this foundation (only wore it 3 separate days) but I am great at deciding if i like it or not at the end of my long day.. (7am-10pm)
i am a college student, this is a great foundation, moderate coverage, amazing GLOW,
made my skin tone look so HEALTHY and glowing!!!
and you could actually see my skin through this.
this made my skin look so good!!! i forgot how this acts when it comes to controlling my oily t-zone but ill update after I wear this again..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MMarieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With the shade 300 Naked, I have found a great match to my skin tone. I've been using this for a few months and I'm loving it. I've been working on trying to clear up my stubborn acne with help from my dermatologist. I'm on two topical creams, oral anti-biotics and birth control. (Hormones) I've noticed an extreme difference in my skin and I thank this foundation for not breaking me out! I have real oily skin with a mind of it's own and this foundation tames down my shine and oils, giving me that pretty, smooth look. I do follow application with pressed powder. I really like how Almay switched this product to a pump dispenser - it's so much more sanitary and convenient verus shaking a bottle and putting your finger in there. The foundation itself is very light and blendable. I normally go for medium coverage, I never end up looking cakey with this. The color is fresh and there is no chemical smell. I do tend to get some product build-up around dry areas, but I blame my derm routine for that. I would say that this helps with my breakouts, I haven't had any new ones since I've started on my medication and have been using this.
This is just overall a great buy. I hate the idea of spending a lot of money for a department store brand when you can find something resonable in the drug store. Almay has won me as a devoted customer!