November 25, 2014 | 1844 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wondeful no nonsense face wash. My skin can be oily and acne prone, but I'm trying to find ways effectively cleanse without drying or stripping my face. This face wash was rc'd by the SCB. Although it seems a little expensive (approx 8), I bought mine in Boots during a buy 2 get 1 free. There is actuaally quite a lot of product here as well. I've been using my first bottle since October twice a day (so about 2 months) and I'm about half way through the bottle.
The packaging is very good quality and I like the twisty top. I move around a lot so this is very easy to close etc without leaking.
The gel is quite 'thin' in texture but lathers well and thoroughly cleans my skin. It never feels tight/dry afterwards. I will definitley re buy (well infact I bought 2 more on offer as back ups for when this bottle finishes).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say that this stuff did anything for me except, along with the Avene Shine Regulating stuff, break me out in horrific acne. I was very surprised as Avene is such a gentle brand. I kept going with it in case it was a hormonal breakout but in the end I couldn't stand the hundreds of big blackheads and cystic spots I had come up. I felt disgusting. So I stopped it and went back to Simple, and my face ic clearing really fast. Won't try again. Big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this cleanser is mild on my skin yet tough enough on the excess sebum my skin produces. Keeping it feeling clean and soft to touch after i've washed it. The scent is pretty mild and fades away quickly. You don't need alot to lather up even though it says it's soapless. Love that it clears the oil from my face without leaving that tight feeling. Makes washing enjoyable. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by girlsinlove

I gave it two lippies cos I would guess that this would be good for someone with oilier skin than mine to use, but for me, it is just too drying. After three uses I started seeing small red dry patches appear on my skin. I know people say to let your skin "get used to" a new product, but I'm not sure if redness and dryness is something worth getting used to.
I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin (it's terrible as it sounds) and I thought since the Avene brand is supposed to be for those with sensitive skin, I could get away with this cleanser for acne-prone skin - but obviously not. I would say if you have skin that has in the past found other commercial cleansers (such as Neutrogena or even Cetaphil) to be too drying then expect nothing different from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser was great when I first got it - it made my skin feel and look less oily - and I loved the scent. However, after using it for a few weeks, my skin broke out like crazy, in places I never break out (forehead, cheeks). Needless to say, I will not repurchase this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by doubleclicks

I have been using this for 4 years now! the only cleanser that made me repurchase. It cleans very well, without drying out my face and making it feel tight and uncomfortable. However, my complexion stopped improving after a year of usage, and only maintained it. I have been trying to look for a better alternative but I have yet to find it. Until then, I will be sticking to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by andrealablache

I love this product! I have never really suffered from acne as such, but because I was using all the bad products in the past (mainly NEUTROGENA and Clean & Clear - which didn't fit my skin type probably) and made it even worse. I have seen considerable improvements using AVENE Gel Cleanser and will keep on using it until something better comes along (if ever!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lunademaya26

Today is my eighth day of using it and I am so thankful to God that I decided to buy this product. I have really bad breakouts before this, my pimples were very deep and cannot be extracted, and they were sort of bumpy on my skin plus they looked like huge scars. I was so upset and I didn't know what to do, I have quite a fair-skin so the pimples looked really obvious on my face :( At first, I was quite reluctant to buy this because it was really expensive, but since I have use their Thermal Spring Water for the past two years and it worked like magic on my sensitive skin, plus it relieved my itchy skin and the tight feeling on my face after I have cleanse it using Neutrogena Deep Facial Cleanser ( I think this cleanser cause me such huge breakouts), so why didn't I try their cleanser too? Seriously, this cleanser really HEALED my skin on the very first day I'm using it, and it cleaned BETTER than my previous Neutrogena cleanser! After I have wash my face using Soapless Gel Cleanser, I would spray my face with Thermal Spring Water and that's it! ( I skipped the toner part because I got no money any more) So today on eighth day, the scars on face seem to fade away a lil bit, and the deep bumpy pimples are getting smaller and my face becomes softer and smoother, I can't believe I will notice a huge improvement just after a week of using it <3 <3 <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by stephyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore this cleanser and have been happily using it for the past 9months. Right after using it, my face is soft and healthy looking. My skin is at its best, nearly blemish free and totally glowing.

The smell is mild and this is one of the best cleansers I have used on my very sensitive skin. I suffer from keratosis pilaris and this cleanser seems to have helped soothe the condition.

I do not have oily skin but I thought i'd give it a go to help treat a few mild blemishes and prevent breakouts. It's perfect for my sensitive combination skin and in Australia, it can be brought from the chemist for $23 and it lasts for months. My best cleanser yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been dealing with VERY oily skin for the past 9 months, and wasted so much money on different products that have either made my skin worse, or irritated me. I have pretty sensitive skin that used to be very dry, so this oily thing is new to me.
I love that this product is for sensitive skin. It has made my skin 80% less oily, yet it hasn't dryed it out at all.
I bought the sample pack and have also been using the toner and cream, and I just love all three.