November 23, 2014 | 2021 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sunnysideup

This is most definately the best hand cream I have used. I have gone through 4 or 5 tubes of the large size and I now carry a small onw with me everywhere. I am a Professional Chef and let me tell ya, my hands hurt. This cream is like a fountian of youth. My hands can have cuts, burns, ripped cuticles, rashes, sctatches and if i put on just the right amount before I go to bed, when I wake up everything is significantly healed or gone. It has a cooling and revitalizing effect as well which helps soothe the pain of all that irritation. I cannot be without this hand salve - ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sammifan

This is one of my favourite hand creams! It moisturizes so well and yet it is not sticky and greasy at all! I can apply it and then start typing at the keyboard immediately afterwards without worrying about sticky or slippery hands. It has no scent at all. The packaging is bland, but Kiehl's never has fancy packaging anyway. The packaging functions well, though. An 8 oz tube costs $25.50 Cdn, which is quite a good price for a high end hand lotion. Definitely a staple for me at the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Dong

I bought this in the middle of a NYC winter, a climate that my hands from Sydney were not used to. My hands were at their worst, dry and cracking but within 2 or so days of using this product day & night, they were back to normal. The cream is thick but not greasy and its great even in hot weather.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of this stuff -- I got a sample, and can't get past the smell, for one. But, more importantly, I don't think it's that great of a lotion... my hands don't feel soft and smooth after I use it... it sinks in, but I get that rubbery hand cream feeling when I put it on. I prefer so many other hand creams, so I won't buy this again. ESPECIALLY because it stinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always looking for the HG in hand cream since my hands always feel dry. I've tried everything from Avon Silicone Glove to L'Occitane Hand Creme to Aveda Hand Relief, but this is my new HG!

I find that it's best to warm it up a bit before I massage it in to my hands. If I use this before bed, then I can use my less expensive lotions during the day and still have wonderfully soft hands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

Thick and rich, but sinks in fast and leaves the skin soft and silky smooth. Also provides long lasting moisture. One of the best hand creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by k_ten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, man. The smell! I can't get past the industrial/menthol smell. PEE-YUKE! The quality was ok... but the smell made this a total turnoff. Even my husband complained. no way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Keenm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During the winter time I usually have very dry cracked hands. Since discovering this cream (I got a sample with a Christmas present)my hands have been soft and smooth. And what's great about this cream is that you don't have to constantly reapply. It will last through several hand washings. Well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by KidA

I adore this hand cream. I find it extremely emollient, absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. For those of you worried about the smell, it is subtle and I personally find it quite pleasant. Unfortunately, they don't stock this product in my country, so I have to stock up whenever I go overseas. But it's well worth it. The best hand cream I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is good for dry hands but I dislike the vapor rub scent. good thing the scent fades quickly. this absorbs quickly and is non sticky. I usually use the creme de corps on my hands too since I adore it.