August 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sammifan

This is one of my favourite hand creams! It moisturizes so well and yet it is not sticky and greasy at all! I can apply it and then start typing at the keyboard immediately afterwards without worrying about sticky or slippery hands. It has no scent at all. The packaging is bland, but Kiehl's never has fancy packaging anyway. The packaging functions well, though. An 8 oz tube costs $25.50 Cdn, which is quite a good price for a high end hand lotion. Definitely a staple for me at the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Dong

I bought this in the middle of a NYC winter, a climate that my hands from Sydney were not used to. My hands were at their worst, dry and cracking but within 2 or so days of using this product day & night, they were back to normal. The cream is thick but not greasy and its great even in hot weather.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of this stuff -- I got a sample, and can't get past the smell, for one. But, more importantly, I don't think it's that great of a lotion... my hands don't feel soft and smooth after I use it... it sinks in, but I get that rubbery hand cream feeling when I put it on. I prefer so many other hand creams, so I won't buy this again. ESPECIALLY because it stinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always looking for the HG in hand cream since my hands always feel dry. I've tried everything from Avon Silicone Glove to L'Occitane Hand Creme to Aveda Hand Relief, but this is my new HG!

I find that it's best to warm it up a bit before I massage it in to my hands. If I use this before bed, then I can use my less expensive lotions during the day and still have wonderfully soft hands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

Thick and rich, but sinks in fast and leaves the skin soft and silky smooth. Also provides long lasting moisture. One of the best hand creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by k_ten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, man. The smell! I can't get past the industrial/menthol smell. PEE-YUKE! The quality was ok... but the smell made this a total turnoff. Even my husband complained. no way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Keenm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During the winter time I usually have very dry cracked hands. Since discovering this cream (I got a sample with a Christmas present)my hands have been soft and smooth. And what's great about this cream is that you don't have to constantly reapply. It will last through several hand washings. Well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by KidA

I adore this hand cream. I find it extremely emollient, absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. For those of you worried about the smell, it is subtle and I personally find it quite pleasant. Unfortunately, they don't stock this product in my country, so I have to stock up whenever I go overseas. But it's well worth it. The best hand cream I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is good for dry hands but I dislike the vapor rub scent. good thing the scent fades quickly. this absorbs quickly and is non sticky. I usually use the creme de corps on my hands too since I adore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2004 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Mariolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream at my local Neiman-Marcus, a couple of days ago. I have been developing some kind of annoying rash on both of my hands, which causes them to be extremely dry and itchy. I have tried countless products but none of them seemed to really do the trick.
And then I received a sample of this hand salve from a wonderful MUAer. I tried it on and I felt immediate relief. I wasn't sure it would be effective though..after all some of the other creams I had tried before gave me quick relief but didn't last long. Unfortunately the sample last me only a couple of days, so I went and bought my own tube of this.
I have been using it for almost a week now and I am pretty satisfied with the results so far.
First of all, it has gotten rid of the redness. It has also taken care of the dry patches and the itchiness is also going down too. My hands are not completely healed yet but Kiehl's has been a great great help. I don't use any other hand creams now...at least not for now.
The only downside to this product is the fact that you have to reapply it everytime after you've washed your hands, and since I wash mine very very often, I'm afraid this tube might not last me long.
The scent is pleasant and subtle (it smells like eucalyptus...extremely pleasant!), but it's a scent that vanishes quickly..so for those of you who hate menthol scents, don't worry...it'll go away very quickly..
The texture is very thick and luxurious...and yet it is not greasy!
A wonderful product...a real gem! This is one product I will keep buying over and over again!
Great price too! I can't remember how many oz it is, but it's 75ml for about $11. The biggest size (I think it's twice as big or slightly less maybe) it's about $18...great prices for a unique and effective product! :)