Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

on 6/12/2005 5:20:00 PM

Don't like it, feels very sticky. Overated, smells to "medical"

on 5/23/2005 10:48:00 PM

This is most definately the best hand cream I have used. I have gone through 4 or 5 tubes of the large size and I now carry a small onw with me everywhere. I am a Professional Chef and let me tell ya, my hands hurt. This cream is like a fountian of youth. My hands can have cuts, burns, ripped cuticles, rashes, sctatches and if i put on just the right amount before I go to bed, when I wake up everything is significantly healed or gone. It has a cooling and revitalizing effect as well which helps soothe the pain of all that irritation. I cannot be without this hand salve - ever!

on 5/19/2005 2:10:00 PM

This is one of my favourite hand creams! It moisturizes so well and yet it is not sticky and greasy at all! I can apply it and then start typing at the keyboard immediately afterwards without worrying about sticky or slippery hands. It has no scent at all. The packaging is bland, but Kiehl's never has fancy packaging anyway. The packaging functions well, though. An 8 oz tube costs $25.50 Cdn, which is quite a good price for a high end hand lotion. Definitely a staple for me at the office.

on 3/24/2005 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in the middle of a NYC winter, a climate that my hands from Sydney were not used to. My hands were at their worst, dry and cracking but within 2 or so days of using this product day & night, they were back to normal. The cream is thick but not greasy and its great even in hot weather.

I'm not a big fan of this stuff -- I got a sample, and can't get past the smell, for one. But, more importantly, I don't think it's that great of a lotion... my hands don't feel soft and smooth after I use it... it sinks in, but I get that rubbery hand cream feeling when I put it on. I prefer so many other hand creams, so I won't buy this again. ESPECIALLY because it stinks.

on 2/21/2005 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I am always looking for the HG in hand cream since my hands always feel dry. I've tried everything from Avon Silicone Glove to L'Occitane Hand Creme to Aveda Hand Relief, but this is my new HG!

I find that it's best to warm it up a bit before I massage it in to my hands. If I use this before bed, then I can use my less expensive lotions during the day and still have wonderfully soft hands!

on 2/6/2005 12:29:00 AM

Thick and rich, but sinks in fast and leaves the skin soft and silky smooth. Also provides long lasting moisture. One of the best hand creams.

on 2/1/2005 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh, man. The smell! I can't get past the industrial/menthol smell. PEE-YUKE! The quality was ok... but the smell made this a total turnoff. Even my husband complained. no way.

on 1/31/2005 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

During the winter time I usually have very dry cracked hands. Since discovering this cream (I got a sample with a Christmas present)my hands have been soft and smooth. And what's great about this cream is that you don't have to constantly reapply. It will last through several hand washings. Well worth the price.

on 11/1/2004 11:04:00 PM

I adore this hand cream. I find it extremely emollient, absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. For those of you worried about the smell, it is subtle and I personally find it quite pleasant. Unfortunately, they don't stock this product in my country, so I have to stock up whenever I go overseas. But it's well worth it. The best hand cream I've ever used.