September 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cin_dee

I did not find anything special with this primer and it didn't really do anything in terms of making my eyelashes fuller or longer. All it did was make my asian eyelashes more straight!! I had to curl before and after using this primer. It took the curl right out of my eyelashes after curling it with an eyelash curler. Overall i don't think i would repurchase this product, not worth the 17 dollars i spent on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaDRead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with almost everything iRahBu said in her review. This is a product that doesn't make anything worse for me, but just doesn't do anything wonderful either. It sticks to my curler, makes my lashes clump a little easier, but doesn't add any volume/length to balance that out. I wish that I had either returned this or had used a tester wand when I recieved it so I could swap it away. So that it doesn't go to waste, I've been using it as a brow gel to groom my eyebrows. It works great for that--they don't budge at all!!!--but definitely not worth $14. Oh well, at least I got free shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jlm626

I was introduced to this recently at the cosmetic counter. I'd never heard of such a product before so this is the first of its type that I've tried but I'm very impressed! Lashes appear thicker and definitely more defined. Also, mascara stays on longer. So far, a great product, would definitely purchase again. (I use this product along with the best mascara in the world - Lancome Definicils).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a sample in a GWP, and it fast became something I could not live without. When applied with mascara, it somehow makes lashes fuller, blacker, more separated and less clumpy.

It seems to work especially well with Clinique High Impact mascara, but I use it under any and all other mascaras too. Definite HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a very good product. I finally found something from Clinique that I actually like! I am a devotee to the Lancome Cils Booster XL and had been using that for the longest time, but I recently read raves about this product on here and tried it. WALA...it actually lives up to it's reputation! I also love the fact that it's so much cheaper than the Lancome lash primer. I have switched to this for now as it does the same job as the Lancome one. Will repurchase again! Kudos to Clinique for NOT testing on animals. Will purchase more of Clinique products from now onwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I was shocked at how good this one is! I tried others including Shiseido's which I liked but this one is much better. I apply a light coat and wait a few seconds and then apply my regular mascara. When I use the primer I end up using way less mascara, it seems to build immediately with the first few strokes whereas before using this it took more coats of mascara to build dramatic lashes. I do not find this difficult to remove either. It comes off in the shower with nothing but running water and I use a makeup remover pad to get rid of any excess very easily. I think if you used too much of this it would make your lashes droop but with one light coat it made my lashes look like falsies! If you click on my review to continue you can see a picture(blurry, sorry) of my lashes with this primer and only one coat of L'oreal Telescopic mascara. This was a very quickie 1 minute job. Amazing isn't it? (Click on continue to see a picture).........

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by escebola

I definitely see serious lengthening and thickening of my lashes when I use this primer. I haven't tried any other, so I can't compare it to any other brand.

I apply one coat of the primer and let it dry 30 secs. or 1 min. and then apply my Blinc Kiss Me mascara (or, since this weekend, Clinique's Power Lash - similar concept to Blinc). These mascaras are great in terms of waterproof-ness and that they won't irritate sensitive eyes. But they're not so great as to elongating or thickening your lashes.

With this primer, I can now pair the convenience of the lash-tubing mascaras AND the lushness that I've only been able to obtain with other traditional mascaras.

Application takes one sec and results are visible. Specially the lengthening effect, which is truly spectacular!

Would surely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to use Revlon's Lash Fantasy because I loved the idea of a primer (hated the mascara part though). I hated wasting money on the Lash Fantasy since I was only using half of the product. I took a chance and bought Clinique's primer and so far I love it. I can't ever imagine using mascara without a primer and I'm so glad I found one that works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by madkitty2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loe this to bits - fab for length and fullness and so much better than evry primer I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

This product is GREAT! I bought it just to up my total for a bonus with no real expectations, but WOW! I get so much length from this! HG product for sure, I love love love it!