April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a sample in a GWP, and it fast became something I could not live without. When applied with mascara, it somehow makes lashes fuller, blacker, more separated and less clumpy.

It seems to work especially well with Clinique High Impact mascara, but I use it under any and all other mascaras too. Definite HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good product. I finally found something from Clinique that I actually like! I am a devotee to the Lancome Cils Booster XL and had been using that for the longest time, but I recently read raves about this product on here and tried it. WALA...it actually lives up to it's reputation! I also love the fact that it's so much cheaper than the Lancome lash primer. I have switched to this for now as it does the same job as the Lancome one. Will repurchase again! Kudos to Clinique for NOT testing on animals. Will purchase more of Clinique products from now onwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I was shocked at how good this one is! I tried others including Shiseido's which I liked but this one is much better. I apply a light coat and wait a few seconds and then apply my regular mascara. When I use the primer I end up using way less mascara, it seems to build immediately with the first few strokes whereas before using this it took more coats of mascara to build dramatic lashes. I do not find this difficult to remove either. It comes off in the shower with nothing but running water and I use a makeup remover pad to get rid of any excess very easily. I think if you used too much of this it would make your lashes droop but with one light coat it made my lashes look like falsies! If you click on my review to continue you can see a picture(blurry, sorry) of my lashes with this primer and only one coat of L'oreal Telescopic mascara. This was a very quickie 1 minute job. Amazing isn't it? (Click on continue to see a picture).........

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by escebola

I definitely see serious lengthening and thickening of my lashes when I use this primer. I haven't tried any other, so I can't compare it to any other brand.

I apply one coat of the primer and let it dry 30 secs. or 1 min. and then apply my Blinc Kiss Me mascara (or, since this weekend, Clinique's Power Lash - similar concept to Blinc). These mascaras are great in terms of waterproof-ness and that they won't irritate sensitive eyes. But they're not so great as to elongating or thickening your lashes.

With this primer, I can now pair the convenience of the lash-tubing mascaras AND the lushness that I've only been able to obtain with other traditional mascaras.

Application takes one sec and results are visible. Specially the lengthening effect, which is truly spectacular!

Would surely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to use Revlon's Lash Fantasy because I loved the idea of a primer (hated the mascara part though). I hated wasting money on the Lash Fantasy since I was only using half of the product. I took a chance and bought Clinique's primer and so far I love it. I can't ever imagine using mascara without a primer and I'm so glad I found one that works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by madkitty2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loe this to bits - fab for length and fullness and so much better than evry primer I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

This product is GREAT! I bought it just to up my total for a bonus with no real expectations, but WOW! I get so much length from this! HG product for sure, I love love love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by iRahBu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product I'm really neutral about. I mean it doesn't do anything really bad for me, but it doesn't do anything really special either. When I put it on, I notice my lashes get lengthened and adds a little bit of volume to them. I have to wait a while for it to set. Once it sets the whiteness of the primer goes away. Although it does make my lashes hard to curl because it sticks to my curler. It doesn't really make my mascara stay on any longer, and I don't like the feeling of the hardness of my lashes when I put on mascara after letting the primer dry. I do like the fact that it has good stuff for my lashes and that it lengths my lashes while giving a little bit of volume. Right now I wear just this primer with no mascara everytime, and I have no problem with it. I don't like the price much. $15 dollars for something that really doesn't make my mascara stay on longer than I expected is kind of a rip off for me. I like the packaging though. It's long, slender, and smooth. I think I'd buy this again, I like it. Maybe after I try MAC or Shishedo or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by julieboron

This mascara primer is a great product at a great price. I've used other (more expensive) mascara primers before and this one is just as good and costs less! Some times more is on the mascara brush than you need, but if you are careful not to apply any clumpy portions of the mascara brush to your lashes, you will get very nice coverage that makes your mascara look great when you apply it leading to longer, fuller lashes. If you've never used a mascara primer before, you need to wait around 30 seconds to apply your mascara - - you don't wait too long so that the primer is completely dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh boy oh boy this primer ROCKS!!! This beats every other primer I've ever tried hands down it's better than MAC and even better than Shiseido imo. It gave me more volume, length and lushness than even Shiseido did and definitely much better than MAC! It also didn't have those little fibres that sometimes bothered me on the Shiseido primer. I found the MAC primer to be clumpville big time but this Clinique one never clumps. It just goes on so smooth and easy, no irritation or irritating fibres or clumps or white clots, just smooth lushness. I found the secret to be in letting it dry before putting on the mascara, I discovered this by accident, I was using the primer on right eye primer on left eye mascara on right eye mascara on left eye method, as described by a helpful reviewer below, however I only got as far as the mascara on right eye part, then I got distracted by something and forgot all about mascara on left eye. When I remembered and I returned to put mascara on left eye I noticed that of course the primer was all dry. I put on the mascara anyways and wooooweeeeee! I was so amazed! I have puny inexistent Asian lashes so something must be really exceptional to make me notice them. This was so obviously noticeable, there was a HUGE enormous difference between the right eye (where I had applied about 100 coats of mascara over wet primer) and the left eye (where I had only applied one single coat of mascara over dry primer), the lashes on the left eye looked so much more enormous than the ones on the right eye, even with only one coat of mascara, that I refrained from applying any more coats (even though I habitually shovel on about 100 coats) lest I ended up resembling the guy from A Clockwork Orange! I continued to be amazed throughout the day whenever I accidentally happened to catch a view of myself passing some mirror somewhere, what amazing lashes! I know from now on that's the way to go! Love love love this primer, I will always have it. It's fairly cheap too, compared to the other 2 primers I've mentioned, no more shelling out a mini fortune for Shiseido! By the way I used it with Clinique mascaras because I have baby eyes that are allergic to everything and they're not allergic to Clinique, but I'm sure it would work with any mascara (as long as, unlike me, you're not allergic to them, of course).