July 30, 2014 | 1771 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lizxphile

Love this stuff, been using it for a few months now. The little beads exfoliate my face real nicely and it leaves my skin soooo so nice and soft, my skin gets very dry quite easily and this takes care of it really well. I have noticed a lessening of my blackheads - not a *huge* difference, but enough, I didn't have swarms of them or anything. Definitely will keep buying this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2004 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jaws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a week and so far I like it. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not dry. I wish the granules were smaller and I don't like the scent of the product. The scent seems too musky and heavy for me. Otherwise I enjoy this product and will keep using it!
Update: I have stopped using this product for about a year plus now. My Dr Hauschka is my HG. Nothing can compare to it. The neutrogena products make my face oilier and I still have blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2004 12:53:00 PM More reviews by HotGirl30

Nice and creamy...
Terrific gentle and effective facial scrub. Didn't actually purchase it for blackheads though, so can't comment on of it works well for that or not, but I love the way it exfoliates. The particals in it are nice and small. Not too grainy. Just enough to give you very smooth skin, without irritating it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by cocobunny

After getting annoyed with the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub's large and rough microbeads, I turned to the Neutrogena blackhead scrub with some hope. Boy, was I glad to find that this scrub didn't have very large microbeads, but little particles of grainy substances. As I washed my face, I could barely feel them on my skin, and the product rinsed clean and left my skin very smooth afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

This stuff has menthol and I think that's just a ploy to make you feel like the scrub is working its magic. I can do without the tingling sensation. I used this for a week and noticed my skin getting worse. Also, it is a little oily. It doesn't say oil-free on the package so I suspect it contains skin-harming oils when it is suppose to be eliminating blackheads. I don't get it. No thanks, will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by nicnic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with this product. I've been using it for a couple months hoping it would help improve my complexion and seems to have made it worse. I think I might try the DHC line of skin-care products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the CVS version of this and love it..it cleans so well, and is cooling..helps the redness too..its not drying either...excellent as a mask as well..a def re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

This is my HG scrub. I have combo skin that is prone to blackheads and pimples in the T-zone area, and this product has reduced them dramatically and given me some of my best skin days ever. The scrub particles can be abrasive, but as long as the pressure is light, they do an excellent job of exfoliating the face. This product isn't irritating to my face like some of the other cleansers that I have tried, and doesn't strip my face of moisture. A major rave from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by chipotlechica1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend uses this and loves it, and I think it has made his skin better. I use it occasionally on problem areas, and it has a nice smell and does not seem overly abrasive like some scrubs. Has menthol in it so there is a tingling sensation. It has 2% salicylic acid and is worth trying if you like scrubs.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by dudeybave

This didn't really work for me. I saw no improvement. Not buying it again, using the rest on my body in the shower. Now using the Proactiv system, with after 2 days of using it, major improvement in my blackheads.