July 31, 2014 | 2195 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this with White Lucent Brightening Refining Softener - Enriched and White Lucent Brightening Protective Moisturizer SPF 16 PA++. this cleanser is creamy and foams well with just a pea size amount to cleanse both face and neck. i find that while it is expensive for a tube of this it does last me quite a while, maybe 6 months with a 2-3x a day usage. it removes my makeup quite well (powder foundation, concealer, eyeliner, but not wp mascara), it has a pleasant smell (nothing overpowering), i don't get an allergic reaction using this, it leaves my skin dewy, smooth and bright. it doesn't lighten my skin or scars but makes my skin less dull. imo i don't have the best skin but i have been complimented on having great skin. i'm a germaphobe and i feel quite clean using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have mixed feelings about this cleanser. when i first used it, my face turned red and irritated and peely. i waited for my skin to settle down before i tried it again, thinking the change in weather irritated my skin and only used it once a day. when i used it this time, it cleaned my skin, didn't irritate it, and slightly lightened some old acne scars though I am still breaking out.

this gets a 3/5 because it has pretty packaging and it did lighten old acne scars and did my skin good for a while. however it was expensive and i didn't see a much of an improvement in my skin or decrease in pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Shannalee

HARSH.

I got this as a sample and while a little bit goes a long way... damn. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes or nasal passages. It burns! Aye dios mio!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGlow

I purchased this Cleansing Foam (along with the Brightening Refining Softener Light AND Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion) on 12 December 2007. My play big sister (who is a beautiful Filipina) has been raving about Shiseido for awhile and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

I got a facial that day by a lady in Macy's. Instantly I was hooked. It seemed as if the general tone of my face was brighter. 3 weeks into using this product and I've noticed that my old scars from pimples in the past are diminishing and my tone is brighter and MUCH more even. At the rate that I'm going I won't be needing my MAC studiofix... or any foundation for that matter.

You only need a dime sized amount, and then with a bit of water just work into a lather on your face. The Cleansing Foam looks like it will last a good 4-5 months.

It's a bit pricey... but I've learned that you get what you pay for. It's well worth it. I LOVE THIS stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

asian product for asian skin right? NO. I wanted this to brighten up my skin. Instead this made me red and break out. I guess it was way too much for my sensitive skin to handle. But, I can gurantee if you have a lot of excess stuff on your face, this really does clean deep. Extremely deep, that it kind of irritated my skin xD. Too bad though, I paid a lot for this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by tohatobaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TOO dry for my skin. It was even summer.
My skin is even rarely dry during winter.. Way too dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product did whiten my skin, i'm asian .. removes makeup and dirt off face well however i did find a problem with this product. it caused breakouts on my forehead and temples, which has never happened before.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

Perhaps I'm the only one who doesn't like this cleanser. First, it's insanely expensive, CDN$48 before tax. Second, although a tiny product produces nice foams enough for the whole face, and it feels smooth, it doesn't cleanse well. I saw more brown residuals on facial cotton than with other cleansers, and I suspect it cause me to breakout. My skin looks worse ever since I start using this product. Before I used Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild in conjection with Shiseido Brightening Softener Light and Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion. I like the other products in the White Lucent line, they're very gentle, non-irritating, but this one, I don't know. Third, the seal on the package is nonsense. It's not a real seal like those on the other products. There's this tiny strip on the lid which is not even sticky, just pretended the product's being sealed. I don't mind no seal on cleansers, but if do a seal, please make it a real one. This annoys me, no repurchase.
EDIT 7/25/08 I have to bring it to 4 lippies considered how long it lasts. I have been using it once a day for over 6 months and I barely used up one third, and I found it non-irritating now, but the WL Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion and the Gel, especially the latter, irritates.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by angel_cosmos

I love this! A really tiny lil pea-size lathers into a thick foam for your face. ^_^

I have sensitive combo-acne prone (oily t-zone / dry cheeks) skin and do not break out!

I bought this on sale and stocked up! Contact me as I'd be happy to share the love for $35 cdn (no tax).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by grayblued

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in LOVE with this cleanser! I have acne prone oily skin, this cleanser helped brighten complexion and doesnt make my skin break out. Does an excellent job taking off make up. I first got it as a sample, I loved it so much I bought it right away. This is better than any other cleanser I have used. Best cleanser ever.