Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

I generally tend to like Shiseido's products quite a bit, and this one is no exception. It's a good foamy cleanser and doesn't leave a reside or overstrip my skin. However, I seriously doubt it's on the skin long enough to have any real brightening ability. But it's a good cleanser nonetheless.

on 5/3/2008 2:53:00 PM

Use LESS than a pea-sized amount! A TINY bit goes a long way.

No filmy residue, and I feel like it tightens my pores! My face does look slightly brightened after the wash. I use this in conjunction with the softener and moisturizing gel. I love all Shiseido cleansers - never harsh, always pleasant-smelling, too.

on 4/27/2008 5:42:00 PM

My favorite cleanser. No whitening or brightening effect, but I was not looking for that. Leaves no residue or film like The Skincare line's Extra Gentle Foaming Cleanser and does not irritate my skin like the The Skincare line's other cleansers. RInses off squeaky clean and is suprisingly non-irritating and non-drying on my sensitive, thin skin. I only like foaming cleansers, and this is the best out of all I've tried. It is comparable in price to the Benefiance Foaming Cleanser (another love) but feels less heavy and is more gentle. I follow up with the Pureness toner (another favorite) and could not be happier.

on 3/16/2008 10:54:00 PM

I use this product with the SPF Moisturizer and I'm really happy with it. I use the foam once a day in the morning because I have really dry skin and using a cleansing product more than once a day usually does not result in good things. My skin really does feel dewy and clean after use and I haven't had any problems with redness or breakouts. It is a little expensive, but I only use a little dot each day, so one tube lasts a while.

on 1/23/2008 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i use this with White Lucent Brightening Refining Softener - Enriched and White Lucent Brightening Protective Moisturizer SPF 16 PA++. this cleanser is creamy and foams well with just a pea size amount to cleanse both face and neck. i find that while it is expensive for a tube of this it does last me quite a while, maybe 6 months with a 2-3x a day usage. it removes my makeup quite well (powder foundation, concealer, eyeliner, but not wp mascara), it has a pleasant smell (nothing overpowering), i don't get an allergic reaction using this, it leaves my skin dewy, smooth and bright. it doesn't lighten my skin or scars but makes my skin less dull. imo i don't have the best skin but i have been complimented on having great skin. i'm a germaphobe and i feel quite clean using this.

on 1/17/2008 5:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i have mixed feelings about this cleanser. when i first used it, my face turned red and irritated and peely. i waited for my skin to settle down before i tried it again, thinking the change in weather irritated my skin and only used it once a day. when i used it this time, it cleaned my skin, didn't irritate it, and slightly lightened some old acne scars though I am still breaking out.

this gets a 3/5 because it has pretty packaging and it did lighten old acne scars and did my skin good for a while. however it was expensive and i didn't see a much of an improvement in my skin or decrease in pimples.

on 1/9/2008 3:46:00 AM

HARSH.

I got this as a sample and while a little bit goes a long way... damn. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes or nasal passages. It burns! Aye dios mio!

on 1/4/2008 11:20:00 PM

I purchased this Cleansing Foam (along with the Brightening Refining Softener Light AND Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion) on 12 December 2007. My play big sister (who is a beautiful Filipina) has been raving about Shiseido for awhile and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

I got a facial that day by a lady in Macy's. Instantly I was hooked. It seemed as if the general tone of my face was brighter. 3 weeks into using this product and I've noticed that my old scars from pimples in the past are diminishing and my tone is brighter and MUCH more even. At the rate that I'm going I won't be needing my MAC studiofix... or any foundation for that matter.

You only need a dime sized amount, and then with a bit of water just work into a lather on your face. The Cleansing Foam looks like it will last a good 4-5 months.

It's a bit pricey... but I've learned that you get what you pay for. It's well worth it. I LOVE THIS stuff!

on 12/29/2007 3:36:00 AM

asian product for asian skin right? NO. I wanted this to brighten up my skin. Instead this made me red and break out. I guess it was way too much for my sensitive skin to handle. But, I can gurantee if you have a lot of excess stuff on your face, this really does clean deep. Extremely deep, that it kind of irritated my skin xD. Too bad though, I paid a lot for this.

on 12/21/2007 1:34:00 AM

TOO dry for my skin. It was even summer.
My skin is even rarely dry during winter.. Way too dry.