October 24, 2014 | 1692 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of this stuff. DEFINITELY my favourite foundation (over & above NARS Sheer Glow & Bobbi Brown one). I use the colour "Honey", and it is a perfect match. Hallelujah that a "drugstore" brand has a colour that is my skin tone! It actually matches my skin colour better than MAC & Bobbi Brown & NARS! I love the consistency and it gives the perfect level of coverage. I use this everyday and after almost 12 hours, there is only slight fading. And I get soo many compliments at work on my skin! Just overall am amazing foundation, and I have nothing bad to say about it. I do have dry skin so I'm not sure how this holds up with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

For my combination (mostly oily) skin, this foundation has been the only one to work for me even compared to high end. In general, my skin is not sensitive however when it comes to foundations, my skin is SO picky and I'll have extreme breakouts to certain ones, this one hasn't broken me out once. My sister suffers acne & uses this foundation, she prefers this over Revelon Naked foundation. This is a great foundation not only for the price & array of colours it offers, but because it does what it advertises to do. It is actually super blend able no matter what tool you use ( I use a real techniques buffing brush)! I do not suffer severe acne or redness so I usually only need one coat to cover all blemishes, dark circles and the little redness I get. On some days I'll use two and it is still blend able, and even with two layers it looks so natural. The great thing about this product is that the longer it sets the more natural it looks. And no white cast in pictures even with the SPF! I always use a primer and setting powder because of my oiliness, without it I do get pretty oily so be careful! I must point out that when I use a beauty blender, it does not stick to any of my dry patches which is great because Toronto's harsh winter gave me plenty. However if I use any kind of brush, it sticks to them just a tad so beware those of you with dry skin! Overall, my favourite foundation ever! Best tool to use it with would be beauty blender, I recommend this to people with normal-oily skin. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Sahara2468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use W4.5 and it works great. I have combination skin so I do set it with a powder. It doesn't make me breakout. So far it has been the only liquid foundation that matches my skin and has good coverage I don't like heavy coverage so I would say this is moderate it is build-able if you want more. I haven't seen many stores carry .5 colors. I bought W4.5 at target and they no longer carry it so I will have to go online to see who carries it. W4.5 has a yellow undertone it is a lot darker than W4 which I found to be strange but I hope they don't discontinue it. I read some reviews that mention shimmer in it??? The one I use doesn't have shimmer. It's the short round glass bottle with the twist off cap. I wish they would change packaging I think the twist off is kind of messy maybe a squeeze bottle or a pump since it is very liquidy would be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by xxalicelynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried R2 and its looks so good on ma skins. Its blend easily and covers ma pimple also redness or dark spot acne past greatly but after 6 hours its getting be oily so u need covering with two way cake powd

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation but I think you really have to take into consideration the general condition of your skin before you decide to purchase it. I am an NC25 in MAC Studiofix and C2 in MAC Face and Body. Because both of these are pretty yellow, I opted for a Warm toned color and I was not disappointed. I chose W3 and I feel like it's a really good match (checked in outdoor light) I would not say this would be a very good foundation for people with oily skin but when you first out it on, it's deceptive because it feels somewhat dry. However, as the morning wears on, it definitely needs a bit of blotting for me and I would say I have fairly normal/combo skin. But, how realistic is it to want a dewy creamy look and NOT have to blot. Seems like women been blotting their foreheads and noses forever so maybe it's just what we have to put up with. For me, I'd rather have a bit of oil break thru than have a foundation so dry as to make my face look like the Grand Canyon. The overall staying power is ok with me. I'm not really trying to get perfect 16 hour wear either though. As for it being a bottle versus a pump, meh, whatever. People have gone a bit overboard in their terror of bacteria IMO. it's all over you all the time, get over it. But, I do have to stop mid-makeup to go wash my hands. Overall, for nature skin like mine, I like it once I got a good color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

First impression review: the color W4 matches my NC25 complexion perfectly with strong yellow tones and NO pink. Love the texture and initial finish. I'll update to see how it holds up throughout the day on my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

Meh. Maybe it's just me, but i'm assuming the big hype around this product is purely based on the shade range.
But people always have different experiences with different foundations....
My experience is that this foundation is just meh. I originally bought this last year in the shade n1. It was a little too pink for me so with my focus being on the shade, i failed to notice the other issues. It set in my neverending pit of makeup until I recently did some cleaning this year.
I decided to get a new bottle and try one more time. I got shade W1... which for the first time ever in my life was toooo light for me! Yep... but nonetheless, a close enough shade match.
Anyway, it always seemed to cake up and cling to my dry patches that I never knew existed. No matter how much I moisturized. I applied with a beauty blender, brush, and fingers... no change.
So this is just one of the failed foundations for me. I can tell it is light to medium coverage.
And the price isnt bad as far as drugstore foundation goes.
Give it a try. Maybe it will work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by chanmi

after seeing good reviews on this i went out and bought it myself, in N3 (light with pink UT). loreal has a great range of color to suit each undertone and shades which is extremely satisfying. the foundation also looked really natural, kinda matte? (with a good primer. i used maybelline's baby skin). it also has a mild smell, but nothing too terrifying. its not too thick and had pretty good pigmentation, but too much made me look kinda dead. /also a little dissatisfied because on my first try, i was matched N3, but when i got home it was a little lighter than my neck..

my problem with this foundation is that it has a terrible white cast. i didn't look into this before, because i am pretty new to makeup :( but besides that, i bought this product without knowing that SPF was the reason for extreme white cast in photos (using flash). in flash photos, i looked like i bought foundation maybe 8 colors too light, but in photos without flash i appeared fine. i have not tested this in outside normal sunlight yet, but after what happened with a camera, i'm not too excited.

this could be very good as a day foundation, but for special events where flash pictures (during night time) could be a horrendous experience.

on a good note, it does what it claims. it has spf, is blendable (just don't use too much), but thats where it stops. will try to return and hopefully find something that doesn't list/ have too much titanium dioxide as an active ingredient.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Vaporeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few different foundations, and although I'm not a huge foundation junkie, it's hard to find a good one for my cystic-acne prone skin.

This foundation is indeed, "super-blendable" as it's marketing claims, and also feels really lightweight on my skin. It's currently my go-to daily foundation due to it's lightness - sometimes I even forget I'm wearing it, unlike foundations such as Revlon Colourstay (oily/combo) which felt HEAVY and weighed down my skin, although the Revlon did have a higher coverage (medium-buildable) than this one (light-medium).

I find this foundation gives me a very natural appearance. My skin tends to have a few cystic breakouts here and there and I haven't found it to be the cause. It gives fairly good coverage without any cakeyness, and with a setting powder wears for a solid 6-8 hours. However it does tend to fade a little around my T-zone area when it is exceptionally warm that day.

I would recommend this to anyone with redness or scarring however not heavy skin blemishes due to the nature of it's light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my favorite natural everyday foundation. I used to love full coverage foundations but now I prefer a more natural medium coverage foundation. I have normal skin with just a little redness/discoloration and this evens out my skin tone nicely and lasts all day. I would not recommend this if you have oily skin or a lot of blemishes. I like how there are a ton of colors so everyone should be able to find a match and it is super affordable. The packaging sucks but it's not terrible. I use a beauty blender to apply and normally top with setting powder.