August 22, 2014 | 1655 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by domishopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To me, this is the mother of all clarifying shampoos. I am just about to finish my first bottle, but I know I will never be without it. It lasted six months and I used it on a regular basis, so it is well worth the money you have to spend on it.

First, a word or two about clarifying. Opinions are divided about whether or not one actually needs to clarify regularly, but I would definitely say that it is a must. So many oils, styling products, minerals, silicones and other chemicals can build up on hair over a period of time, that giving it a good clean every now and then really makes all the difference. It is also essential before protein treatments and deep conditioning treatments, since build-up can stop the proteins or moisturising ingredients from penetrating your hair. You will be amazed how lacklustre, tired, matte and lifeless hair can be transformed to shiny, light locks.

This shampoo makes hair shiny, bouncy and weightless. It is wonderful at removing all traces of any type of grease, oil, minerals etc. Yet it does not damage hair providing it is used correctly. After brushing out my hair and making sure I have no knots in it before I wet it, I usually divide it into two sections, and then massage the scalp on each section individually and afterwards carefully work the rich lather through my strands. This way my scalp ends up beautifully clean and my lengths do not get too thirsty in the process. Yes, this shampoo does not moisturise your hair at all, which is why it is important to use a very moisturising conditioner afterwards. Otherwise you may end up with dry-feeling and tangled hair since this shampoo is very effective at stripping everything, including your natural oils. But if you follow it with a nice conditioner, you will be very happy with the results.

Just one last tip: My hair is fine but abundant and it gets greasy easily. When I want more volume, I just quickly massage my scalp with this shampoo, condition, rinse, air-dry and voilá! Voluminous hair! Enjoy it, it is a wonderful product.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kimmieduff

I have to say, this shampoo is magnificent! It's actually my first cleansing/clarifying shampoo I have ever tried as I never knew the importance of using a shampoo as such. I am so thankful I bought this! It really cleans my hair by removing all the gunk and build-up. I only use it once a week and each time I use it, it leaves my hair feeling soft, shiny, ultra clean and in a more manageable state. This one is definitely a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Darcy49

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Left my hair soft, but still had a lot of body and it looked and felt great. I really wasn't expecting much, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Wish it cost less, but if it keeps delivering such good hair days, I will probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by masears

Really like this clarifying shampoo. Though it has SLS it doesn't irritate my scalp. Smells good and leave hair bouncy and clean, not stripped. Just ran out after several months and out to go buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by dishwaterblondie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful clarifying shampoo. Seems very gentle compared to other clarifiers and does not strip color. Also smells wonderful.

The price is a little high but you only use this once a week or every other week so the bottle will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely a must-have for my oily, wavy, fine-to-medium hair. I use it every Sunday and look forward to the soft, full and bouncy results. Now I need to get some All Soft too, thanks to the previous reviewers' recommendations. I wish I could use this every day, I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by cdowning410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this clarifying shampoo. It is the only shampoo with SLS that I will use, and only once a month before Joick K=Pak. The smell is fresh grapefruit and it is not too hard on my long, dry, bleached hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

Ok- So, I am unsure how to describe this exactly! I have used it twice- before using my Joico K pack- and YES! My hair goes GORGEOUS. But, when I used this shampoo- yes it lathered up a treat- and I was like 'Oooooh', but my hair did feel a bit kind of, knotty and matted. I percivered as I realise that shampoo does not do what a conditioner would do to your hair, and applied the KPAK which did make my hair detangle- but when i washed it all out and styled- BOY did I notice a difference. My hair looked so clean, glossy and felt FABULARSE!

I would buy this shampoo again as I think it is a great combo to use, I just find it hard ro rave about it alone, as it did make my hair feel somewhat knotty and matted. I know it sounds silly- but I am not actually sure what a good shampoo is meant to make my hair feel like. BUT for stripping the hair, which is it's job- it did it fantastically!

Probably THE MOST unhelpful review- EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used it someone asked me what I did to my hair - it looked so silky and shiny. This actually has never happened before - people would comment on my haircut but not the actual hair.
I was super-excited, my hair HG after all! I since found it that it works best if you space applications apart - did not do that much when I used it just a week later but if I use it every 2 1/2 - 3 wks the results are great.
Followed someone's advise and used it the day before coloring - not quite sure if it made a significant difference but this is the first shampoo I am giving 5 lippies to

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ririan

I have to join in the rave for this fabulous shampoo! this is my HG clarifying shampoo!

I love to style my hair, and as a result I use plenty of hair products on my hair. Every saturday, I will use this shampoo to do a thorough cleansing of my hair, and this shampoo never leaves my hair with a dry streaky feeling that other clarifying shampoos often do. For thisreason alone, it already won my votes, plus, it is soooooo easy to lather up, and it takes just a small amount to clean my whole hair (bra length)... this is just an amazing product and I will use it forever!