Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 5/20/2004 2:27:00 PM

My comments are based on a one-time trial of the product, using the tester at my local Whole Foods. I had purposely worn foundation only so that no blush or other bronzer would influence my opinion of the result.

I stood in front of the WF mirror and blended several drops over my face, neck, and upper chest area. I noticed immediately that it was scented (the box, which I checked later, does say it contains fragrance), and also that the areas I'd rubbed were turning red - not from the product, but from irritation. (The pump bottle is a good idea but not well executed, at least not on this tester, which was clogged and dispensed unpredictable amounts from the same amount of force on the nozzle.)

By the time I'd finished shopping and could check the result in my car mirror, the irritation had subsided. What was left was a slight cocoa color, not at all unpleasant but too dark for my complexion. It was also a bit too oily for my combination skin, so even if the color had been right, I knew this product was not right for me.

Unless you're a Hauschka fan and want to use the whole regimen, I would recommend Bonne Bell's Gel Bronzer in a tube. (The matching powder is also good, if a bit shimmery for day). Dr. Hauschka, being an imported European brand, sells for about $32; you can pick up a tube of Bonne Bell Gel Bronze, which is unscented, oil-free, and non-irritating, for about an eighth of the price - your call!

on 5/18/2004 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this because of all the rave reviews on MUA. Although it is a decent product, I expected more.

I find the texture a little greasy. It hasn't broken me out, but I do find that powder is necessary after to tone down the shine.

Also, this really is just a darker pigment, I don't find that it has any coverage at all.

I guess I was hoping for a great summer staple - just add this to a little moisterizer and go - no powder, no foundation needed. But I find that isn't the case.

Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more - adjust the amount I use or the way I use it. I will update in another week or so.

**Update** I've started adding this to my foundation to add some color to my face in the summer. It does give a nice color - not orange-y at all and better than the powder bronzers that I have tried (Bobbi Brown, Cargo). I still don't think it is a miracle product and the pump on the bottle isn't the greatest, but it is serving it's purpose.

on 4/30/2004 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a beautifull, elegant, wonderfull product. I adore this. I am PPP. I have not been in the sun since I was 19 Yrs. old(now 31)I mix with my Dr.H moisturizer and I het the most awsome glow. Just gives me the look of perfect skin year round.

on 3/24/2004 6:24:00 AM

This product has rescued me from years of walking around with a chalky face thanks to my high spf sunscreens. Manufacturers don't seem to get it that not only pale skins/caucasians need protection, Asians, Afro-Carribbeans , Latins etc.,stc., need it just as much . Finally my slow brain worked out that this was the way to continue with my spf's & still look vaguely natural. It may seem a little expensive-but a bottle will last ages & is not pore clogging-as far as i can see. Today I mixed a teeny amount into my Mene & Moy spf 30 and I look like me, not my washed out doppelganger! This product is sheer genius & even if the spf thing isn't a problem for you it makes a lovely subtle bronzer without scary metallic bits-a no-no for my oily sisters , and is oil free.

I have NO idea what the first reviewer is raving about with flavours because this is a concentrated bronze liquid and I mean CONCENTRATED. I mix it with any moisturiser and it is essentially a tinted moisturiser! I love it and have been using it forever.

on 12/12/2003 2:56:00 AM

This really feels great on and looks fabulous! It kinda stains your skin a light tan color and it shows up on my NC42 tone. I use this with either the moisturizing day cream or the SPF22 and whenever I use it I dont really need anything else on (except my Cle concealer) This is definatley a good thing to try if you want the tinted moisturizer look in a natural product.

on 10/14/2003 9:41:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this, so I received it in swap...and kicked myself for not trying it sooner! This is a bronzer you can wear alone or blend with moisturizer. I am planning to use it to darken a too-light foundation, too. It has the signature herbal Dr.Hauschka smell and sinks right in. I also have to rave about the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle with an elegant looking 'lock-able' pump. You get a very large amount of product, considering just a drop is needed (unless you are very dark, then you could probably use it as a foundation!).

Popular Bronzers