November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay mascara it gives a little length and volume but nothing really special. It's very black which is good but it smudges and flakes a bit so I'm not a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I received a sample of this from Clinique with my last order. Nothing special to this mascara: it coats the lashes, adds a little length and volume and makes them black. Wear time is fair; I had smudging after just a couple of hours, and it wasn't even hot out. So not horrible, but not outstanding. And to me, definitely not outstanding enough to purchase the full-size.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by imaunicorn

I had really high hopes for this but it disappointed me. Makes my lashes stick and after 3 coats or so, just keeps smearing around. Didn't make my lashes very volumous as it claimed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AnnaAshton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

nothing special , I was expected more... for this price

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by RachelMartinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at sephora and fell in LOVE it's the best mascara I have ever tried and makes my lashes look so good but natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BEST mascara ever! It thickens, lifts and separates all at once for me and doesn't dry out too fast either!

Best part is that is doesn't smudge a bit. I used to use hypnose and I had wee panda eyes by midday :)

It's 100% fragrance free and allergy tested and comes in waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a mascara junkie, this one has remained a permanent in my collection. It's a dependable mascara that gives me what it what it says it's going to do.But then it falls apart. I have blonde, short lashes that need all the help they can get. This has to be one of the easiest ways to give my lashes a boost without any clumping or spider effect right out of the tube and minimal applications. It's that easy. It's also a lighter black that isn't too dark and appears very natural.
I have difficulty using it on my lower lashes. For some reason, it hits my lashes but also leaves a lot of mascara that I have to clean up with a q-tip. I use E.L.F.'s Mascara Shadow Shield or I'd have a huge mess on my lower lid area. It's very unwieldy for me.
When I apply most mascaras, I always have to use quite a few layers to achieve the desired effect. Since my lashes are so short and blonde, it takes me time to make a mascara look natural. With this version from Clinique, I only have to apply a few coats and my lashes are fuller, darker and longer. I don't experience any clumping, either. It does leave my lashes soft and touchable, but if I touch them, more flaking and smudging occurs than usual.
I don't find the mascara to be wet, but more on the drier side and very easy to work with. It doesn't dry out in the tube and lasts for quite some time. The brush isn't saturated with the mascara either, as the ring around the lid of the mascara evenly distributes it correctly.
I do find that it flakes ever so slightly tho and also, there is some smudging leaving me with blackened eyes that I have to clean with a q-tip.
To sum this mascara up, it starts off looking good, making my lashes look fuller, but as the day progresses, it seems to fall apart at the seams. It has its good points and its bad points. If I wanted to use a sealer on it, that would take care of the flaking and smudging, but that's adding another product to it.
Because it does add volume and make my lashes look fuller, it is a mascara that I'll use with a sealer of some sort. I don't have to play around with it to get the look I want. It's dependable that way. It's the clean-up during usage that I don't like. It can be messy during the day, so carry around q-tips.
I much prefer Clinique's High Impact Extreme Volume version to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very impressed with this mascara. I used to use Clinique mascaras years ago, but I found they smudged on me. I was given a sample at Sephora and was very surprised. The SA said that they had changed their formulation. My eyes are sensitive and I have allergies at this time of year, so my eyes are watery. Despite that, no smudges - but was easily removed with eye makeup remover.

I am a mascara junkie. I have never found any one mascara that does it all for me. I always layer it. This is becoming my final - volume adding mascara. As it stands now, my combo is:
Lancome Oscillating Primer
Lancome Oscillating Mascara
Clinique High Impact.

So far this is a winning combination. The Lancome Oscillating mascara does a great job of lengthening and separating the lashes. The Clinique adds the volume that I like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about "high impact" (maybe in Clinique terms), but a decent mascara. My lashes aren't terribly picky and this gets the job done, but I've never been in love with or wowed by the results.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda