November 28, 2014 | 1897 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by NonieSkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product in travel size and love the consistency of it. It works up into a nice, rich lather and makes my skin feel soft. However I find the instructions on the tube to be inadequate: It never mentions to avoid the eye area. No wonder some reviewers here have experienced eye irritation as this is NOT suitable for eye make-up removal! I use this cleanser after I have removed all my make-up as an extra cleanse. This does not dry out my skin, but leaves it soft and bright.

As a make-up remover, it's not the best, but it's definately a nice extra and suits my skin type (normal/combination). I wouldn't purchase it again, as I love trying new and possibly even better products. You never know!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vmaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this in a sample and I like it, nice texture when lathered between hands then applied to face. Smells clean, no fragrance, essentially soap for your skin. Makes my skin squeaky clean which is less than ideal as it feels almost too clean (literally squeaky when rubbed), but doesn't do much harm. An average cleanser perfect for people only looking to clean pores, having normal skin. I think it might inflame breakout because of the soap-like quality to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by saphiric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Got a 1.7 oz tube as a gift with purchase. Was reluctant to switch from my clinique wash away gel cleanser (HG) to this, but I wanted to try something new.
I must say, this stuff feels like soap on my skin! Yes it removed my foundation and eye makeup completely, a little tooo completely that I think it stripped the natural oils in my skin in the process. My face felt squeaky clean right afterwards, and I only used a tiny dime size amount too. Squeaky has always means stripped, dry, UNHEALTHY skin for me. Yuck. Will stick to the gel cleanser. Do NOT buy this product, for some reason if you like soap cleansers .. just buy their bar soap or a drugstore soap bar and you'll get the same results.

Harmful ingredients (source: nvwah.com, a beauty ingredient encyclopedia)

* contains potassium myristate that could be drying and sentisizing to dry skin types.
* contains myristic acid, a surfactant that can be irritating to skin.
* contains lemon which can be a strong skin irritant.
* contains lavender, a fragrant component which can be a strong skin irritant.
* contains pine which can be a strong skin irritant and should not be used on chafed skin.
* contains cardamom which can be a strong skin irritant and should not be used on chafed skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by drok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE!! It does contain potassium soap which is really harsh for the skin (potassium myristate, potassium palmitate). I don't know why brands like Clinique still uses alkaline soap in their cleansers?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by busyscmom

This is a very nice foaming cleanser. Takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin clean and very smooth...no dry or tight feeling.You actually need just a tiny drop to get the job done. My biggest problem...if it gets in your eyes it will burn. I no longer buy the full size but am always excited to get it as a GWP.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a product that I generally get with GWP when buying other excellent clinique products. It has a rather oily feeling and so it cannot be used as a standalone. I know it's supposed to be used as sort of a pre-cleanser, but my Shishedo Gentle Cleansing Foam removes all traces of makeup in one go. If you use a quality cleanser, this product is not needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Linlovesxo

Ay ay ay Clinique, why are you doing this?! I usually LOVE most of their products, but their make up removers s-u-c-k sooo much! I swore off cliniques cleansers/mu removers after the mess that their 'cleansing milk' made on my face! But anyway, I seriously wanted to love it, and I was, up to last night.. I've been using it since tuesday (todays sunday) and it had been removing all my days make up pretty decently, but after a 12 hour day, pretty much any cleanser does a fairly decent job.. HOWEVER, last night I went out and put on a minimal amount of make up (power, bronzer & blush.. I use their eye/lip make-up remover for the rest, HG btw) and when I got home after about 4 hours, used this, and POOF! nothing. I pretty much used my toner to remover the rest (all) of my make up..ekk! On the positive side, it foams up really nice and you only need a little bit. I might work for you if you only use a tiny bit of make up?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

First of all, there's nothing "foaming" about this cleanser. It's more like a rich cream. The texture of it is very nice and feels great on your face, but in my opinion it doesn't clean very well. I use liquid foundation and a very shimmery bronzer on top of that and after I washed my face with this I noticed there were still specks of glitter on my face. I bought this yesterday with high hopes but I will definitely return this today and continue my search for a good foaming cleanser.....sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Julia611

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a normal skin type and this cleanser is not really suitable for me as i felt my facial skin was very tight after use of this product.
I love the brand but ii hope they will change the ingredients or fomula!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jenkins1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is an amazing make-up remover for more combination skin! It easily removes long wearing foundation and powder and of course is not ment for removing eye make-up. Leaves skin feeling very clean but make sure to use a soap following because this dose not cleans skin of dirt and oil.