The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Rice, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene.

on 4/26/2004 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product helped to slough off all my flakies on arms and legs during the winter time :) In the winter, i used this scrub about 3-4 times a week, and now that it's april, only about once a week (if that, i keep forgetting:) hehe Once you wash this off, your skin literally feels baby soft smooth, and it helps that it smells so yummY! Will repurchase, but seriously, this is a big size, should last anyone a long while!

on 4/23/2004 2:31:00 AM

When I firt used this, I felt like the granules should be smaller, just because I'm used to using St. Ives scrubs. After comparing though (and originally thinking St. Ives was the best) I realized that my skin had a healthy glow after using the cocoa scrub and not redness like the St. Ives, because it wasn't irritating my skin!! Really makes my skin look and feel great, and workes really well on my keratosis pilaris. So in conclusion, don't let the larger granules scare you, they won't hurt. :)
I received this as a sample, but will be buying it soon.

edit: finally paid the $16 for the large tub, but will last me forever. I'm sure you can find it on sale, I was just impatient. This is definitely my HG body scrub!

on 4/6/2004 11:54:00 AM

I L-O-V-E this scrub! It smells amazingly nice and fresh and exfoliates my scaly skin just as well as the more expensive scrubs. I highly recommend this to all!

on 4/4/2004 12:29:00 PM

This stuff smells so good, I want to eat it. I love the way it makes my skin feel--so incredibly soft. I only wish it came in a bigger jar... I tend to slather it on, so I don't know how many applications I'm going to get out of one container.

on 2/29/2004 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this scrub for two reasons. #1-Smells Wonderful! and #2-NO SALT! I love salt scrubs sometimes, they have their purpose, but if you have any scratches, insect bites, cuts (and I mean ANY)salt scrubs BURN! They also dry your skin out in the winter. That's why so many salt scrubs leave you feeling like an oil slick...they have to add lots of oil to counteract the drying properties of salt. This is my favorite scrub for the winter!

on 2/15/2004 12:05:00 AM

I wouldn't have bought this if the salesperson at BS hadn't talked me into it, but I sure am glad she did. This stuff smells wonderful--much more almond-like than the cocoa butter body butter, and they go great together. I like the feel of the scrub. It feels different than other body scrubs, the grains feel smoother for some reason. Maybe because they're rice grains instead of salt? I'm not sure, but you have to try this, it's wonderful.

on 1/19/2004 1:31:00 AM

I love the smell of this scrub! the grains really felt nice and 'scrubby' and when rinsed off my skin feels and smells like a rich smooth almond chocolate! Nice!

on 1/12/2004 2:06:00 AM

Love the smell of the cocoa butter collection. However, The scrub was a little too intense for me (reminded me of Swiss apricot scrub). I use it before self tanning. It does last for a while, but I took some points off the packaging because, well.. it's not pleasing to my eye.

on 10/30/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SCRUB!! Of all the scrubs at TBS this one is the best. First off it is creamy and moisturizing, not oily which can be a bonus. It has rice grain as the scrub rather than salt or sugar which can melt in the shower.
And the best thing about it and the rest of the cocoa butter scrub line, it smells great. I love this stuff.

on 9/18/2003 5:05:00 PM

I love this stuff!!!!!!! I can't get enough of it, people stop near me and say they smell white chocolate. I just giggle cause I know it's me. Between this scrub and the African Spa scrub this is by far the best I have ever used. I love love love it!!!! Not greasy at all! I wish I had this product when I was preggers!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products