April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I usually like Clean & Clear products, but this was one I didn't care for much. It promises to clear blackheads, of course it doesn't as expected since the salicylic acid is probably not the proper pH and also gets washed down the drain; defeats the purpose of putting an active ingreduent into a product that doesn't even have a chance to take effect.

I have large, easily clogged pores so I exfoliate my skin frequently (almost daily) to avoid problems. This scrub contains the small, round, blue beads that really don't do much as far as exfoliating. I've tried other cleansers with the same beads, they just don't do it for me personally.
After I wash my face with this I don't feel as clean as with a regular, foaming cleanser. I also don't feel that this product properly cleanses skin since it is somewhat waxy and therefore leaves a film on the skin, which doesn't leave my skin feeling clean. I also noticed that this contributes to clogged pores, which defeats the purpose of a scrub.

I didn't care for it and wouldn't repurchase again since Clean & Clear has other products that don't make specific claims or contain active ingredients, yet still produce better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This scrub is a tad rough on the skin so I foam it up first the wash my face with it. It OK i guess, does leave my skin feeling soft but I can feel the scrubby bits on my skin and I'm not sure if its good. Skin felt quite dry after...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Piratekitty1

I am really happy with this product...I get horrible evil spots once a month, once I have been using this, I rarely get any spots which is awesome to the max!! But I have stopped using this as I like trying new things! Even thoough this products stops me from having spots, my skin looks kinda dull that's why I started using other products, however I haven't found any facial wash better than this. So I might use this again as I am getting spots again:(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by babygirl218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i actually like this product.. i mean i only use it once a week instead of using it everyday... because it has salicylic acid.. which can make ur skin used to it after mulitpul use.. that's why it wouldn't work after a while... i mean this actually took of some of my pimples.. not a mircal product.. and i wouldn't buy it again due to.. idk.. i like trying new things..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I did not like this at all. It broke me out and left a residue on my face. I had to wash with another cleanser which was a waste of my time. It does exfoliate well, but that's about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ksmithy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, a lot of negative reviews on this one o_O I actually quite like this product!! Lemme tell you why:

I have been suffering from acne since about 2006. I always had quite a few spots on my face at a time.. sometimes my acne would calm down, but it would ALWAYS flare up again later.....
About a month ago, I looked at my face and wanted to scream. I had just put BB cream on, but you could still see I had cystic acne here, cystic acne there, peeling skin and even worse, my nose area was RAVAGED by blackheads >____<"

I went out and bought this scrub 2 wks ago. My immediate reaction when I first used it was: "WOW- my skin is so soft!" I feel it exfoliates my skin quite well and most importantly, I dont think it breaks me out (*ahem Simple/ Clearasil/ Johnsons*)
I took off a lippy cus I'm not too sure it actually does its job: clearing blackheads... I had to manually extract mine by running a bobbypin down my nose after a long shower... but they havent come back with this scrub and Dermalogica essential solution =D Also the beads are soo pesky.. at school I'll find one on my hairline but then again, thats my fault... =/

All in all this is a great product for people who have moderate acne and sensitive skin. It doesn't 'work from Day 1' as it advertises but it has softened my skin, faded some of my acne scars and kept away the blackheads ^o^ If you've got this and it doesnt work, its probably cus your blackheads are embedded too deeply in your pores. Extract them and use this... you should see results!
Now I can look at my skin and be happy its on the road to recovery *fingers crossed* ^______^

EDIT: Lowered to 2 lippies because the positive effects on my skin reduced over time. My skin was no longer getting better (it wasn't exactly getting worse either) but still the blackheads were there so for me, the scrub became kind of an empty product with only temporary positive effects

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by 1enigma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money on this!
It doesn't clear the blackheads. I bought this for $6 in hopes that it will get rid of the blackheads I have on my nose. I used it for a week and didn't see any results. It IS gentle, but doesn't do its job. It also smells weird... Buy Neutrogena!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by plaidinator

I have no idea if this is doing anything for my blackheads... I'm not sure it really exfoliates either. I do use it when my blackheads rear their ugly heads... it makes me feel clean, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Bindu2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate the stuff! Broke me out all over! doesnt clean anything! Rubbish!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really did nothing for my face. The blue beads didn't seem to exfoliate enough. Also, I often found that some of the beads stuck to my face if I used it in the shower and didn't have access to a mirror.