July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the percentage of people who would buy again....it's not too pricey for one, but it does come in a small tube so price to quantity...eh. It does go on smoothly and softly....thus 2 lippies but as for any of the "things" it's suppose to do, well, I got nothing. I was oily in a matter of ONE HOUR and my pore size didn't change or was even blurred slightly. I wouldn't buy again. Honestly, I have yet to find a primer/corrector/pore minimizer that says what it's suppose to do and I've tried many of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by watermelonmama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, honestly, just amazing. My face is usually as slippery as an oil slick, but when I use this product... magic happens. I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light underneath this, usually, but sometimes I wear it alone. It keeps my face completely matte and shine/grease free for between six-eight hours! I've never used a product that could accomplish this. It is simply awesome. Truth be told, this doesn't shrink pores as much as some people would like, but the amazing fact that this gets rid of all my shine, all day, through sunshine, sweat, and sport, is all I need! I'm sold. Thank you Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by josborne

I am on what may be my 4th tube of this. I have totally integrated this product into my make up routine. While it does a sufficient job with the pores on my cheeks, it does an amazing job on my nose and forehead. The pores have all but disappeared and I somehow think that this is working on my face when I don't use it. It looks like its reducing the size of my pores with each use!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jacks250

I would maybe buy this product again. It does work for pores, but I find the product to be quite oily and it leaves a sheen on my skin sometimes. The effect on the pores does last longer than some of the other primers I've tried. However, I have acne prone skin, and noticed that it seemed to give me small pimples wherever I put this on.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by obsessedamanda

I bought this product a while ago but stopped using it. I remember it being super soft and velvety and making my pores look blurry, but it wasn't something that I felt compelled to use all of the time, which is probably why its stuffed in one of my drawers somewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by rysher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't a miracle worker, but it's definitely a staple in my makeup routine. All I need is a tiny dab on my nose and blended over my cheeks and it "blurs" the pores per se. When I forget to use this in the morning, I definitely notice that my nose is shinier during the day. Sure, it's a finicky little product, but I love it. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got talked into this. My pores aren't big, but they are there of course. I tried it and didn't notice much of a difference until it gave me a huge pimple. I have tough skin too! Alas I am certainly not using it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by meliciousmelmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW. what in the world! THIS STUFF CLOGS MY PORES, making them MORE noticeable. I've broken out with the WORST cystic acne that won't go away for days and is leaving scars. I know it's this product because it's the only product i've changed and the acne is JUST in the t-zone (where i use this product).

seems to make my skin more oily, takes a while to dry, weird consistency, ugh i HATE it. all clinique products break me out. every single one, i should've known. however, even if i didn't break out, this stuff just doesn't do what it says it will. makes you MORE oily, gives you blackheads, makes pores larger.

I feel like Clinique often says "use this to mattify your skin!" but it really makes your skin more oily, thus you have to use more product, putting money in their pockets.

basically,
PROS:
- inexpensive, cool looking tube, nice concept

CONS:
- makes you oily, clogs pores, causes breakouts, doesn't mattify or prime, takes forever to dry.

would NEVER recommend. i don't want to waste this and throw it away, i might just give it to my worst enemy.

PS: sorry I sound like a 2-year-old with my overactive use of capital letters, but I'm upset.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katelynikus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am now on my third bottle of this stuff. It's not perfect, but it helps lessen the appearance of my pores on my cheeks and forehead. Here is my application secret: don't rub it in. Lightly spread it over the area sort of like icing a cake.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I thought this product was ok. It does fill in pores and give a nice smooth finish, initially. But I noticed that maybe 2 or 3 hours into it, any and all foundations (and I tried at least 5 different ones from mineral to drug store to Merle Norman, which is awesome) broke down on my face and collected in the cracks of my nose and in my pores. It was very odd. It's like the foundation mixed with the primer and moved on my face and didn't look good at all. I didn't want to believe it was the primer so I just didn't use any and my makeup stayed fresh and looked better than with it. I have read other comments about this product not being an "oil control" product and not only does it not control oil but acted like oil on my face because that is how it made my makeup look. Obviously I would not repurchase this. Yuck!

I was using this right alongside my Avon Magix which is a superior product and way cheaper.