November 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own a couple of NARS blusher and the quality is just top-nothed - smooth, silky texture with amazing colour. Lovejoy, however, just does not suit my fair-medium Oriental skin tone (MAC NC15, Chanteceille FS Alabaster, Laura Mercier TM Porcelain). It is far too dark and makes me look dirty. I note that the positive comments are left by MUA-ers with a darker skin tone. So do take note if you're on the pale side. I believe Sertao is a better bronzer/sculpting colour for lighter skin tones.

Also, as much as I love NARS blushers, they're rated an 8 out of 10 (the higher, the worse the product is in terms of cosmetics safety) by EWG. You can do up a search there - there are parabens in these blushers and I'm just not comfortable with wearing potentially harmful cosmetics every day in my all too brief life.

FYI, Chanteceille does paraben-free blushers and lipsticks (though not their powders), so you might want to look into that if it's an issue.

Such a shame - I wanted to collect them all :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Words cannot express enough how much I love this blush!! Gorgeous bronzy rose shade with a very subtle shimmer (it looks super shimmery in the pan, but when applied to the skin it is very subtle). This blush is perfect to warm the face and give some color, but in a very soft and natural way. This blush is an absolute favorite and is foolproof! It is not too warm, so I think it would work with a lot of skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got Lovejoy in a combo with Albatross and I use Lovejoy probably as my primary blush these days. It is a nice color that isn't too bright or pink and not peachy either. It pairs well with a lot of different looks and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by owmy

I love Lovejoy! I've been using it for over a year now, and I always find myself reaching for it. I'm around NC30, and I definitely use it year-round. Like all NARS blushes, it's quite pigmented, so you don't have to use much. It gives me a bronzey-rosey look, and stays put all day long. Not too much shimmer either. I also have Orgasm, which I find gives more shimmer than Lovejoy. Will definitely re-buy, although with this amount of product I doubt I'll ever finish it. Worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this blush! I've seen in other reviews that it suits a tan complexion, but with careful application this looks gorgeous on my pale winter skin. I have been pairing neutral eyes with berry or red stained lips this winter and I find that lovejoy compliments the look by giving my skin a fresh sexy ,rosy glow. After application with a stipple brush I buff it gently until it looks perfectly blended and almost polished.
I think this is way better than Orgasm which was really blah on me.In the summer, I usually wear Laguna as it's an amazing bronzer . I've tested Lovejoy with this and it's super sexy.. A great year round product for me!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xoconni3xo

I hate this blush! It goes on very muddy on my NC35-40 skin. The packaging is horrible! The blush tends to get all over the compact and it's really annoying!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by seonmi

A tan color with gold shimmer.

This is the blush I use for the natural look or when I do something extra on the eyes. Looks very light on my NC 40 skin with a bit of shimmer but the shimmer is not too obvious on the face. I apply it with a normal blush brush because it's not dark/super-pigmented at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by tweetiebird

I'm a NC35/C4 coloring and can't believe I've overlooked this blush for so long!

Wonderful on my Asian skin (medium tone)... it looks blah in the pan but a very wearable brownish rose on me and a wonderful natural flush. I've been wearing it for the last month and it's replaced my former daily use of Nars Orgasm.

Would definitely buy again. I expect it will last about 2 years with regular use since that is how long it took for me to finish the pan with Orgasm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I speak for myself, I'm a fair skinned asian girl NC20 or Clair in Chanel. I wanted to try Lovejoy and asked the SA for her recommendation and she said this may be too dark on me and told me to try Zen too. Lovejoy is too dark for me and looks like I have a skin discoloration. When the SA put it on me she complemented how good I looked. I felt I looked like I have a skin discoloration, my friends agreed, I told her to put Zen on my other cheek. After I put Zen on the SA commented that she like Zen better. I was thinking what is wrong with her. It was obvious that Lovejoy looked horrible on me and why would she say it looks good also she recommended Zen to me in the beginning. It's not a good image if I wore Lovejoy around and looked diseased and said I bought it from Nars. People would not want to buy Nars products after they see me. Anways I ended up buying the Zen instead but not from Nars.

I hate Nars packaging where you can't see what color you have unless you open it and the rubber lining outside the case will peel over time. Not the color for me.

In general I think shelling out $25 for a blush is ridiculous I bought this during a Sephora F&F sale for $20. In addition it was a punishment for the NARS SA b/c she was not helpful and contradicting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love!! I pretty much love most of my NARS blushes because they make such great colors but this is the one that I reach for the MOST (besides Albatross)

I cannot explain the color but it just gives me a nice glow that matches no matter what other colors are on my eyes and lips. It's a neutral for me. I am warm toned with caramel toned skin. It's absolutlely perfect. If I could only pick one NARS blush out of my whole collection it would be Lovejoy.

I definitly recommend it to tan and brown girls. Cannot say for sure on other skin tones
I would buy this again and again. This is the type of blush that I would buy as a backup just to keep in my office drawer.