NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 3/4/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this color and as usual with NARS the color payoff is fantastic! I have yellow/olive undertones NC30-35 and this is like a nice natural look.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a wonderful bronz-y colored blush with a hint of rosy-pink. It's a great "natural" blush that can be worn year round. Sometimes I layer it with a bright pink blush to create a glow without using bronzer. I have a medium-dark skin tone, and I think that if I were tan in the summer months this would be way too light. But I definitely like it in the fall/winter/spring since it adds highlights and a flush of color to my dull skin this time of year. I'd recommend it for olive and medium-dark skin tones.

on 2/19/2009 8:37:00 PM

I own a couple of NARS blusher and the quality is just top-nothed - smooth, silky texture with amazing colour. Lovejoy, however, just does not suit my fair-medium Oriental skin tone (MAC NC15, Chanteceille FS Alabaster, Laura Mercier TM Porcelain). It is far too dark and makes me look dirty. I note that the positive comments are left by MUA-ers with a darker skin tone. So do take note if you're on the pale side. I believe Sertao is a better bronzer/sculpting colour for lighter skin tones.

Also, as much as I love NARS blushers, they're rated an 8 out of 10 (the higher, the worse the product is in terms of cosmetics safety) by EWG. You can do up a search there - there are parabens in these blushers and I'm just not comfortable with wearing potentially harmful cosmetics every day in my all too brief life.

FYI, Chanteceille does paraben-free blushers and lipsticks (though not their powders), so you might want to look into that if it's an issue.

Such a shame - I wanted to collect them all :(

on 2/17/2009 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Words cannot express enough how much I love this blush!! Gorgeous bronzy rose shade with a very subtle shimmer (it looks super shimmery in the pan, but when applied to the skin it is very subtle). This blush is perfect to warm the face and give some color, but in a very soft and natural way. This blush is an absolute favorite and is foolproof! It is not too warm, so I think it would work with a lot of skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got Lovejoy in a combo with Albatross and I use Lovejoy probably as my primary blush these days. It is a nice color that isn't too bright or pink and not peachy either. It pairs well with a lot of different looks and lasts a long time.

on 1/28/2009 2:12:00 AM

I love Lovejoy! I've been using it for over a year now, and I always find myself reaching for it. I'm around NC30, and I definitely use it year-round. Like all NARS blushes, it's quite pigmented, so you don't have to use much. It gives me a bronzey-rosey look, and stays put all day long. Not too much shimmer either. I also have Orgasm, which I find gives more shimmer than Lovejoy. Will definitely re-buy, although with this amount of product I doubt I'll ever finish it. Worth the money!

on 1/18/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this blush! I've seen in other reviews that it suits a tan complexion, but with careful application this looks gorgeous on my pale winter skin. I have been pairing neutral eyes with berry or red stained lips this winter and I find that lovejoy compliments the look by giving my skin a fresh sexy ,rosy glow. After application with a stipple brush I buff it gently until it looks perfectly blended and almost polished.
I think this is way better than Orgasm which was really blah on me.In the summer, I usually wear Laguna as it's an amazing bronzer . I've tested Lovejoy with this and it's super sexy.. A great year round product for me!!

on 1/11/2009 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this blush! It goes on very muddy on my NC35-40 skin. The packaging is horrible! The blush tends to get all over the compact and it's really annoying!

on 12/31/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A tan color with gold shimmer.

This is the blush I use for the natural look or when I do something extra on the eyes. Looks very light on my NC 40 skin with a bit of shimmer but the shimmer is not too obvious on the face. I apply it with a normal blush brush because it's not dark/super-pigmented at all.

on 12/20/2008 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm a NC35/C4 coloring and can't believe I've overlooked this blush for so long!

Wonderful on my Asian skin (medium tone)... it looks blah in the pan but a very wearable brownish rose on me and a wonderful natural flush. I've been wearing it for the last month and it's replaced my former daily use of Nars Orgasm.

Would definitely buy again. I expect it will last about 2 years with regular use since that is how long it took for me to finish the pan with Orgasm.

Top Rated NARS Products