Laura Mercier Eye Basics

4.2

(Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach): Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Talc, Lanolin Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract. ( /-): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 6/21/2004 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! I have wheat but when i run out i'm going to buy a few others.
I have mmm/ggg skin and at first i used this only as an e/s base. But now i find i actually like it on its own. My eye lid is pretty darkly pigmented and this gives me a much more youthful less tired look.
As other mua's suggest it's very long lasting especially if you are oily/acne prone which i am.
I've been pining to try MAC paints and just made my first purchase.
I didn't find any that could give you a natural by itself look and am unhappy with the color i purchased.

on 6/7/2004 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG eye shadow base. Creates a nice smooth "canvas" for my shadow and makes it last all day.

on 6/6/2004 4:23:00 AM

I bought this in Mocha, which is darker for my skin tone, but have been able to use it as a stand alone shadow or as a base for a smokey eye look. This stuff does not crease, prevents eye shadow over it from creasing and lasts all day+night long! definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually have oily lids that my eye shadow will move around in 4-5 hours. I have tried this for a few days and it has been FABULOUS!!! I mean, my eye shadows are still stay put by the end of the day and it never happened before!

on 4/27/2004 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent shadow base but overall I prefer Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not which seems nourishing as well as good holding power.

on 4/21/2004 7:56:00 PM

I have the eye basics in two colors, both wheat and buff. I have been using these as an eye primer for the past year. Wheat is a very matte light yellowish tone and buff is a more flesh- peachy tone on me. I prefer buff as it has a very slight shimmer and the color brightens my eye area a bit more. I have never experienced any creasing and my eye shadows last for hours---typically through the work day and into the late evening staying true to color without fading. The eye basics work better for me than any other primer I've tried and would definitely purchase them again. The 2 tubes have lasted at least a year for me with almost daily wear.

on 4/18/2004 7:56:00 PM

I LOVE this color! Buff looks very natural on my MMM skin but has a touch of shimmer. I bought this to use as a base but it looks wonderful on its own too. I loved it so much I ran out and bought pink and mocha. Buff is my favorite though and I will buy again.

on 4/3/2004 5:22:00 PM

This is a great product to help keep your eyeshadow from creasing. If you have super-oily lids like me, this will not solve the problem, but it definitely helps. I swipe a bit on with the applicator and then use a large eyeshadow brush to blend it until it's dried. This way, no finger oils are getting mixed in with it. It lasts at least 5 hours for me, but I still have creased eyeshadow by the end of the work day. It would probably work awesome for those in not-so-humid areas (I'm in South Texas). I've tried Benefit FYEye!, Clinique Touch Base, MAC Paints...and this does work the best.

on 3/21/2004 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great! I don't use it as a shadow, but more like an eyeshadow foundation or concealer. It really does help make my shadow last all day. I have fairly oily eyelids and shadow typically disappears or creases like crazy after about 5 hours. This does the trick. I still get the creases--but they don't show up until the very end of the day. Everytime I skip this step I could kick myself by lunchtime--it is that big of a difference for me. I have both Linen and Wheat and find I use Wheat a lot more because my shadows blend in better with it. Oh, and I did try the suggestion of using foundation or liquid coverup instead (once again, on my quest to save a few bucks) and found that they didn't even come close to doing the job that this does. I have no clue why this works or what the difference is--I am just happy that I found something that does.

on 2/25/2004 1:35:00 PM

Love this. I actually never wear eyeshadow but wanted something basic and neutral to provide a smooth, even-colored matte finish on my oily, discolored eyelids. This fits the bill. It really emphasizes my eyes and makes them look a lot bigger and brighter. Great product.