Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

I stopped using my mac liquid eyeliner ever since I started using this. It does get a bit clumpy but it it's easy to work with and it's truly waterproof and smudge-free. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't really like this eyeliner. It does stay on quite well, but the brush is hard to control at first, the product goes on unevenly, and it's kind of goopy. I find it hard to even out the line because it dries kind of clumpy. This product also flakes.

Since buying and using this eyeliner I have been able to achieve the perfect wing/cat eye and I have never been able to perfect that look before with any other liner. First and foremost, the wand is the shortest that I have seen, and that makes it much easier to get a precise line instead of a wiggly swiggle. Also the formula is very dark black and very rich, it spreads easily and doesn't flake off (unless you really layer it on). The brush is perfectly thin and not too long. I even like that this is in a little jar instead of pen or tube form.
Sure this may not be the best liquid liner in the world but it is definitely the best I have used so far and I will continue purchasing it until I find something that can beat this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner and I have had some great times together. It lasts through the whole day--from 8 a.m. when i apply it until I fall asleep on the couch at 3 a.m., it stays on until I wash it off. In the toughest and most hysterical situations, no matter how hard I cry or sweat, it stays put!

Even when I passed out at a party one night and found myself on the front lawn woken up by sprinklers the next morning, this eyeliner was still there completely. Which is more then I can say for the guy I went there with.

Don't care for the brush though. Be careful when using it to get a precise line. It takes practice.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like the little brush for this eyeliner, it makes it very easy to make really thin lines, cat eyes, etc. However, I have somewhat oily lids and this doesn't last very long without a primer, probably only 3 hours or so. I don't like to use primer every day because it's expensive (and I don't need it with other eyeliners), and there are better eyeliners for a dramatic nighttime look. Not terrible but I probably won't buy again.

Pros:
- the brush is small to you can get a thin line
- very easy to get a "wing" or "cat-eye"
- it really is water-proof

Cons:
- hard to control the brush
- it makes me feel like i have something icky on my eyes
- makes my eyes feel dry
- it hurt when I put it on my waterline
- packaging isn't really pretty or attractive

I wouldn't use this again

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Honestly, the best waterproof eyeliner I have ever used. I started using this liquid liner 9 years ago and yes, when I first started I did find it difficult to use the brush that comes with it. However, with practice I have gotten better and I feel comfortable with the brush. This is the ONLY drugstore makeup that I use. Over the years, I have tried to use high end eyeliners from that were $20 and up. I ended up returning them and being completely disappointed. No other waterproof eyeliner is as waterproof as this one. It has stayed on through nights of dancing, long days being outside in hot weather and has even stayed on when I took a nap once wearing my makeup.I use it on my upper and lower lashline (not inner) and it stays beautifully all day long. Give this eyeliner a chance, I will tell you that if you are new to liquid eyeliner, you will not like the brush... but just keep practicing and you'll completely fall in love the product.

Also, I read some comments about it flaking and not going on smoothly. This happens if you continuously layer the product on. If you use one quick smooth motion across your eye, it will not flake and it will be smooth. If you try to put it on using small strokes or if you keep putting layers of it on, it will not look smooth. It's all about the application. Once you figure out how to best use it, you'll find that this is the best waterproof eyeliner...

Oh and not to mention, its dirt cheap. When I go to CVS I buy 2-3 at a time, since I don't often go there!

Not waterproof. Flakes. Fades.The brush is garbage. Remember when you were a little kid and you would get those cheap watercolor paint sets with the crappy brush? Well, Maybelline must be using these brushes. This is headed for the trash.

Not bad, not bad.
I actually like the tiny brush with it, it allows me to make a thin line. Stays pretty well, doesn't flake off. Really is waterproof. A good, average liner.

I got it in brown because I prefer brown eyeliners in general.
I don't like the brush for it because it's pretty flimsy. I prefer pen looking like ones because it's easier to use those to line in between the lashes. I have the typical half-double eyelids so I prefer to tightline, and these are hard to do so because the brush is so flimsy. And I don't think it's waterproof either.