MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.5

on 2/25/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this after watching a tutorial. The girl who did the tut was an NC45. I'm NC 50 so I thought I could pull it off. Had to edit this at first I hated this shadow. Now I love it I brought Groundwork paint pot and it works great now.

on 2/20/2009 1:58:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow!!! It is such a perfect versatile shade. It's a beautiful warm brown color with a slight hint of orange that complements any skin tone! It's color can be applied sparingly for some natural looking definition or can be applied heavier for a natural smokey look. It is so blend able! It works wonderfully alone of can be used to blend with other colors. Such a perfect, soft, workable, everyday color. Love, love, love, love, love.

on 12/31/2008 5:51:00 PM

I bought this color after seeing it in a tut. its very versatile. I love creating a dark smokey eye and putting this just above my crease to soften my look. it also makes a absolutely beautiful natural look. i will go back to this color again and again.

on 12/28/2008 1:16:00 AM

I would never have picked up this gem if not for a lovely MA who recommended it to me. MAC's description is pretty much bang on - it's a pretty peachy brown. Perfect for every day wear. A must have for pale green-eyed girls!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I love Soft Brown. I just fell back in love with this color. I wear it in the crease to show a gradual air brushed look from my crease to my brow highlight color. Instead of a dramatic change in colors, Soft Brown allow the color to "lift". I'm glad that this is a staple color and I'll buy again and again!

Looks can be deceiving, but this a beauty.

I'm a NC45 gal...shows up great on me.

on 9/26/2008 9:35:00 PM

Yes this is boring BUT its a good color to have. you can wear it with a really light color like shroom or naked lunch and you can create a really soft look so that you look polished without being too much

on 8/27/2008 2:47:00 AM

This MAC matte shadow is a combo of brown tones and red tones and it's a great shadow/color all the way around. It blends and builds well, gives fab. staying/wear power and product amount lasts a long time. It's one of my regulars and I'm crossing my finger's that this is one of MAC'S
"staples" in there individual eyeshadow line. It's great for day or night wear and really does make a stand out difference on my super pale skintone, in a "good way." ;-) I am definitely "sold" on MAC matte shadows. :-)

on 8/27/2008 1:10:00 AM

Soft Brown is deceiving in the pan, looks light and muted, but it is probably one of the most beautiful neutral colors Iʻve ever tried! Itʻs just the right depth of warm brown, someone perfectly described it as slightly "terra cotta" and it is, it warms and brightens the crease or entire lid area, and is beautiful to blend with other colors, definitely one of my HGʻs!

on 8/15/2008 9:03:00 PM

This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow but it's not your typical brown. It's very rosy or tawny. I have brown eyes but I bet it would be stunning with blue or green eyes as well. It actually matches Urban Decay Paranoid BLUSH exactly. It's going to give you just a sunkissed look as opposed to shadow or definition. I pair this with MAC Powerpoint eyeliner in Buried Treasure or Duck for a really good, neutral daytime eye.

on 3/14/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This e/s is blah. It may be useful as an eyeshadow base otherwise, utterly useless.

Popular Eye Shadows