MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

I use soft brown almost every day to blend out my crease colors. I just picked this up about 2 months ago after watching a tut on utube by tiffanyd and I am so glad I did. love it love it love it. easy to blend, a little goes a long way and complements so many colors.

I bought this one in the pan form, so it was a little cheaper so the price was not too bad especially considering I wear it EVERY single day. This is not an exaggeration. I know it is a boring looking color, but I use it to blend out the other colors in my crease and it works with just about every color. This is probably my favorite MAC eyeshadow because of its versatility. Although it is a brown it is kind of red-orange-ish (basically a warm brown) making it less harsh and easier to work with most colors. Either way, I have been really into neutral eyes lately and focusing on intense eyeliner (strange people go through makeup moods;) )
I recommend and would probably repurchase (or a similar color at least).

I love this color as a wash before laying on other colors. It creates a nice blended faded effect which makes the over all look seamless. You could layer a darker brown over it, a blue or green andit just never fails. i never used it for anything besides that, but i would still say that its a staple shadow color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this above my crease. This shadow is a nice smooth matte texture. It is a great color to blend out your crease color with. Soft Brown is warm and orange toned. Really wearable. also great as a contour for your face!!! try it it's so subtle and natural. I love this new use for this shadow. i just brush my 168 over this and under the cheekbones and a bit around my face. so great!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this after watching a tutorial. The girl who did the tut was an NC45. I'm NC 50 so I thought I could pull it off. Had to edit this at first I hated this shadow. Now I love it I brought Groundwork paint pot and it works great now.

I love this eyeshadow!!! It is such a perfect versatile shade. It's a beautiful warm brown color with a slight hint of orange that complements any skin tone! It's color can be applied sparingly for some natural looking definition or can be applied heavier for a natural smokey look. It is so blend able! It works wonderfully alone of can be used to blend with other colors. Such a perfect, soft, workable, everyday color. Love, love, love, love, love.

I bought this color after seeing it in a tut. its very versatile. I love creating a dark smokey eye and putting this just above my crease to soften my look. it also makes a absolutely beautiful natural look. i will go back to this color again and again.

I would never have picked up this gem if not for a lovely MA who recommended it to me. MAC's description is pretty much bang on - it's a pretty peachy brown. Perfect for every day wear. A must have for pale green-eyed girls!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I love Soft Brown. I just fell back in love with this color. I wear it in the crease to show a gradual air brushed look from my crease to my brow highlight color. Instead of a dramatic change in colors, Soft Brown allow the color to "lift". I'm glad that this is a staple color and I'll buy again and again!

Looks can be deceiving, but this a beauty.

I'm a NC45 gal...shows up great on me.

Yes this is boring BUT its a good color to have. you can wear it with a really light color like shroom or naked lunch and you can create a really soft look so that you look polished without being too much

Top Rated MAC Products