December 18, 2014 | 1173 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this color after seeing it in a tut. its very versatile. I love creating a dark smokey eye and putting this just above my crease to soften my look. it also makes a absolutely beautiful natural look. i will go back to this color again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by radarlove

I would never have picked up this gem if not for a lovely MA who recommended it to me. MAC's description is pretty much bang on - it's a pretty peachy brown. Perfect for every day wear. A must have for pale green-eyed girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by perfectlyflawed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

I love Soft Brown. I just fell back in love with this color. I wear it in the crease to show a gradual air brushed look from my crease to my brow highlight color. Instead of a dramatic change in colors, Soft Brown allow the color to "lift". I'm glad that this is a staple color and I'll buy again and again!

Looks can be deceiving, but this a beauty.

I'm a NC45 gal...shows up great on me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mmlvr

Yes this is boring BUT its a good color to have. you can wear it with a really light color like shroom or naked lunch and you can create a really soft look so that you look polished without being too much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This MAC matte shadow is a combo of brown tones and red tones and it's a great shadow/color all the way around. It blends and builds well, gives fab. staying/wear power and product amount lasts a long time. It's one of my regulars and I'm crossing my finger's that this is one of MAC'S
"staples" in there individual eyeshadow line. It's great for day or night wear and really does make a stand out difference on my super pale skintone, in a "good way." ;-) I am definitely "sold" on MAC matte shadows. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by moana_12

Soft Brown is deceiving in the pan, looks light and muted, but it is probably one of the most beautiful neutral colors Iʻve ever tried! Itʻs just the right depth of warm brown, someone perfectly described it as slightly "terra cotta" and it is, it warms and brightens the crease or entire lid area, and is beautiful to blend with other colors, definitely one of my HGʻs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow but it's not your typical brown. It's very rosy or tawny. I have brown eyes but I bet it would be stunning with blue or green eyes as well. It actually matches Urban Decay Paranoid BLUSH exactly. It's going to give you just a sunkissed look as opposed to shadow or definition. I pair this with MAC Powerpoint eyeliner in Buried Treasure or Duck for a really good, neutral daytime eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by shupsy

This e/s is blah. It may be useful as an eyeshadow base otherwise, utterly useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boring? Yes.
Useful? YES!

OK, so the color itself doesn't get your heartbeating. Its not playful, pretty or sexy. BUT it does the job,and it does it good!

Im NC40, and this is the absolute HG crease shade for me. Its a perfect warm medium brown thats is completely matte. No shimmer, no nonsense. Defines the crease perfectly. I use it eveyday no matter how I do my eye make up, whether I do a natural look a dark smokey look, or a bright green, blue, pink, etc, etc. I always have a base of a light shimmery color on the lid and a medium brown in the crease.

I cant rave enough aou how this is the perfect crease color. It does the job but its not so dark that you can over do it. I have very small eyes, so I have to be careful that I dont go too dark through the entire crease or else my eyes look SUPER small. Soft Brown is goof-proof in that respect. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

One of MAC's boringest and ugliest colors. it wasn't 'brown' at all. it was more like peachy coraly brown. the hue was just off for me. It looked bad on my skin tone and made my eyes appear red and tired. I really hate this color and regret getting it. I suppose it works for a more natural look but it really just makes me look tired and like I cried all night.