December 20, 2014 | 1659 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Skip this and use the bar of soap instead, these are awful, It doesn't take all the makeup off and I found that they are too small, and don't dare get this in your eye...OWWWW

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LaraConn

Interesting new twist on the facial cleansing cloths! These "pillows" are pretty cool. One side is soft for cleansing, while the other is rough for exfoliating. I wish they were just a hair larger, though. I paid $6.99 for 28 of them, but I wouldn't pay much more than that. There are 14 in a tub, compared to 30+ cleansing cloths in a tub. It's a neat idea, we'll see how I like them with continued use...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2003 1:36:00 PM More reviews by thunderwoman

These give me mixed feelings. On the one hand, I love how they make my skin look and feel. My face is soft and fresh looking. I like the duel textures. I think twice a day is a bit much for my skin so I use them at night before my rich moisturizer. The packaging is a bit clunky and the pillow is a bit uncomfortable but you get used to it. The trick is to hold it lightly and very gently rub over your face. It is less likely to become misshapen and slip from your hand. It is a bit pricey but using them once a day, it'll last a month so thats fine. I think the only difference between these and a buff puff is the disposability. A hygiene factor when you think of all the dead cells sloughed off in your buff puff every time you use it....other than that, unless I break out in the weeks to come, I'll continue to buy these.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by HobartPaving

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was on sale for $4.99 at my usual grocery store. I had $1 off coupon too, so I only paid $3.99 plus tax for this product.
It was really hard to make lather with this pillow thing and it frustrated me. I think I might buy again if it is on sale but I probably go for the cloth. I liked the fact that the pillow had two different texture though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2003 3:44:00 AM More reviews by caartist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Out with the cleansing cloth, in with the pillow. This product reminds me of Shiseido's silk sponge thingie. I like it! I think cleansing cloth is sometimes difficult to hold and work on your face. The pillow, however, has some structure to it, so it's easier to grab and hold in your hand. BUT, I think this is very pricey. You pay around $7 for 28 pillows. They are one-time use toss-aways, very bad for the ecosystem. So at $7 every 2 weeks, it does a pretty good job of cleansing and exfoliating.