Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 6/20/2005 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Excellent sunscreen!! This leaves my rosacea skin very smooth and matte! It is not too dry, and not greasy!! I love it and may start using it every day as a primer in the winter. I plan on using it every day in the summer instead of foundation; it evens out the color and texture of my skin. I like the titanium dioxide active ingredient.

*UPDATE* had to return. It started burning my eyes!

on 5/28/2005 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Iím in my late 40s with combination skin, still needing to deal with periodic mild breakouts. Iíve been using Super City Block every day for over a month now. This is a good sunscreen formulation for me. The cream is thick and ever so slightly tinted but quickly and fully absorbed, making it almost (but not quite) possible to use the recommended amount of ľ teaspoon on my small face without feeling overloaded. ľ teaspoon took all the vibrancy from my face, so Iím applying less and the tint now does no more than perhaps even out skin tone a little. I use it around my eyes as well, over my non-SPF eye cream. It can double as a moisturiser for oily-skinned girls, and leaves skin soft, velvety and matte. As I need a little more moisture, I wear a light moisturiser underneath. A little warning: use another sunscreen - something untinted - on your neck, especially if youíre wearing a light colour! As titanium dioxide is the sunblock component, Super City Block is recommended by and for people with sensitive skin and/or rosacea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Holy breakouts batgirl! This does have ingredients that are known to be troublesome for acne-prone skin, and trouble I got. Also, this has a slightly oily feel that never really goes away. If you're looking to apply foundation over this, and you've got combo/oily skin, you might have some trouble. For those without breakout woes, this might be a very good choice, if a bit on the pricy side.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my HG of foundations with spf. It gives moderate coverage, but still lets your skin show through, and best of all, it doesn't give you that gross makeup-ey feel. I haven't had any problems with breakouts at all. It doesn't really help control oil, but it doesn't make it worse either. I'll be buying this until they stop making it (heaven forbid).

on 4/22/2005 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff. No breakouts, no oilies, very easy to blend... only complaint is that it's not very good UVA protection, but at least what's there is photostable, from what I hear. I don't bother with a moisturizer underneath it, I'm oily enough that this gives me all the moisture I need. Been using it every day for a few months (except for a brief period when I tried Shiseido SPF 55, which had to go back to the store quickly, unfortunately), and can see myself repurchasing for a long time. I also love how it kind of doubles as a makeup primer. It sort of evens out my skin tone a tiny bit, so between this and a little of Clinique's Almost Makeup I have all the coverage I need. I'm a happy sunscreen wearer, at last!

on 4/19/2005 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product, but it made me break out. I tried everything, but no matter how little I applied, or what other products I used I always broke out after using Super City Block. I'm beginning to think that I'll never find a sunscreen that works for me.

on 4/18/2005 1:24:00 AM

I have combination/oily skin and this is one of my favorite sunscreens! The reason I really like it because its active ingredient is pure titanium dioxide :) When I 1st tried this few years ago, I also had the problem spreading this sunscreen evenly on my face (almost impossible cause it's so thick!)...but now I think I know the tricks ^^ I use makeup sponge to even it out in the end and it does make a super difference result! However, it tends to look a bit ashy on my medium skin tone so I follow w/ my Bobbi Brown TM in medium. It helps hydrated my skin a bit since the sunscreen can make my oily face a lil drying. Oh, and most importantly...it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out :D

on 4/11/2005 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you have oily or acne prone skin this is the worst product you want to use on your face. its texture is really thick and immediately broke my face into zits and acne. the sun protection is also quite low. rather than this i would recommend people use shiesido extra smooth sun protection cream spf 33+.

on 4/6/2005 12:56:00 AM

I love this because it has a nice tint, but its also sheer enough not to have to worry about application too much. If you spread it thinly around your face, it won't feel to thick or greasy. spf 25 is good for most sunny days, just bring some more hardcore sunblock for the beach :)

on 4/5/2005 10:53:00 AM

I love this product. I've been using it for over a year now, recommended by my facial lady. I have oily-combo, pale skin with some light blemish marks and I find that this product gives me a nice sheer coverage with the protection from the sun. The best thing I like about it is that it doesn't make my face shiny or watery looking and the finish it quite matte. I don't wear a lot of makeup and when going out, I just dust on Mac Studio Fix on top of this. I love the natural look it gives me like my own skin, this has been the perfect product to cover up a few blemish marks pretty easily for day-to-day use. It has a creamy texture and needs some getting used to in applying it but it stays where you put it and it doesn't smudge much with sunglasses. But I'd probably buy something more serious if you're looking for more protection for outdoor summer activities.