April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They should re-name this HOOOT DAYAM!

It's a really vivid orange-red. For reference, I am NC42 and African American. I don't plan to ever wear it without reverse lipliner and a flattering red lipliner. My first attempt was with Mac's brick lipliner, but I think I need to go just a bit darker. Maybe I'll try burgundy. All in all this is a shockingly red lipstick that you need to have confidence to wear. And be warned...it will turn heads!

Update: Returned. I just could not make this work. Even w/all of the doctoring I do w/reds, it's just not for me. Trying Chili instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can see that this lipstick has had a couple of bad reviews but i love it.

The orange undertones in this lipstick makes blue eyes pop like wow, the fairer the skin the more dramatic it looks.
It wont look good on everyone's complexion, red lipsticks need research, you need to take time to find which tones suit your eye's and skin as shades such as this can look aweful on the wrong skintone.

Dont just slap lady danger on your lips as your likely too put too much on and look like a drag queen, use a lip brush and apply a little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do this lip when I want to look very glamourous and chic... not sexy.

I have had this for a few years and love it. I know red lips are all the rage right now but a great red lip always looks classic and perfect for any time.

I had some hesitation when I had red hair but my husband got me over that quickly.. he showed me a photo of Rita Hayworth with her red hair and red lips. Hey.. it worked! I now have my hair blonde again, and on Saturday we had a lovely but intimate party... I wore a beautiful deep blue black dress and my pearls.

The lips: Lady Danger. The look: perfect.

love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted a red lipstick but somehow none of the shades on the market were quite right for me – all a bit too blue-ish. I am a fair skinned redhead and need something with a bit of warmth to it. A bit of research on MUA found the one! I love this and it is surprisingly easy to use. I pencil the lips first, outlining them and filling them in,apply one coat and blot, then another coat and blot. It is very bright and also very matte. So, I chicken out a bit, and as I do also prefer a gloss finish, I apply a lip gloss on top. (Laura Mercier Ambre Rose Glace) The result is quite stunning.

It is not as long lasting as I would like. You’ll get away with a drink or two but not a full meal. I find you can touch up a couple of times ,but, after that you do really need to remove and start over else it starts to get messy and you start to look a bit like a clown!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC's products in general. The only issue I had with Lady Danger was the color. It is a glowing orange-red. I find that I can only use it as a stain when applied with my finger. As a stain, it looks like I just ate a popsicle, and gives a natural glow to my fair/warm skin.

This is probably a miracle lipstick for someone with a dark skin tone or a goth, but directly applied on my lips, I just ended up looking like a radioactive drag queen. If you happen to buy this lipstick and it doesn't work out due to brightness--take my advice and blot it, or use it as a stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sinnerocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this cause I like unique shades, but it's a chalky Ronald Mcdonald red. Get it if you wanna look like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by missgabbby

This is my FAVOURITE red lipstick. i think i love it because it has no blue tone through it which can really age me and make ever flaw i my skin show up. its a true orangy red but when on looks like a definent RED lipstick. its amazing. the pigment fantastic and it always looks stunning temped with a amazing black flick of eyeliner and highlighter in conners!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty, warm, extremely vivid red with some orange to it that makes it flattering against my warm/neutral skintones (I look terrible in blue-based reds, so Lady Danger looks nice).

Sadly, I'm too wimpy to wear this by itself, as it's VERY attention grabbing. It's basically a neon orange-red (you'll see green spots when you look away lol). However, when I mix a dab of this with MAC's X-S, the combination is a nice, vivid brownish blood-red that also looks very flattering but more toned-down.

Either way, Lady Danger is a nice lipstick with good color pay-off and a nice texture and smell. I recommend it to the warm- and neutral-toned ladies who aren't scared to express themselves and command attention.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the tube this didnt look like a red that would suit me - PPP, dark hair, blue eyes. Like othe reviewers with pale skin i kept away from orange-based reds and stuck to blue-based ones but i love the name Lady Danger & let the SA apply it to my lips & fell for it instantly!

To me its a cartoony Jessica Rabbit style red lipstick. Its a matte formula - but not a drain-the-life-from-your-face matte a pretty, wearable matte which is wonderful to work with - i apply it with a lipbrush and use MAC's Redd liner with it. I got so many compliments on my first night wearing this.

Do try this lipstick it seems to get over looked in favour of Ruby Woo & Russian Red but i like it MUCH better than both.It stays true on my pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bettnorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best red lipstick i hav ever used- i hate how some reds are too dark- almost browny. a lot of people i know use russian red, but this is the most vibrant, which was what i was looking for. I saw it on the a girl who worked there and bought it that day, even though she was blond and i'm brunettte, for what i can see it works on most colourings except perhaps really dark skin tones.