August 1, 2014 | 958 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sorcha94

This is a great statement lipstick, and the colour and intensity of the colour can be easily changed. If you apply this straight onto your lips like you would for example a nude, it comes out as a very vibrant red with some subtle orange tones. If you just dab it on with your finger it looks almost natural and you don't need to worry about it not staying as it holds f
or a good while. You can also vary the colour and intensity with different lipglosses, but not lipliners as the colour is too strong. As usual mac lipstick packaging is great and the price is fairly high but it's good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by shrimpski

This is a pretty good lipstick if you don't like a bam-red kind of red! It is a matte red with a slight orange base, which applies quite smoothly and isn't drying like most other lipsticks I own. I'm fair so I think it looks better on me than a red that's a bit darker and bolder.
I think the staying power is very good. After blotting several times, the lippy hardly came off and the colour was practically as vibrant as when I first applied it. It also lasted awhile after eating and drinking. After that, it looked like a lip stain and was really quite pretty! I plan on creating that stain look by using a teeny bit of lipstick, so I can rock the look straight away instead of having to wait until the lippy wears off a bit!
And of course it has that delicious sweet MAC lipstick scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cheeky orange based vibrant and almost fluorescent red - looks amazing on my pale skin and is my second choice when I don't feel like wearing Ruby Woo. Because it's less matte it can wear off more quickly, but it's still very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my fave lipsticks of all time. It is a bright, orange red. It's a matte..but not one of the ultra drying mattes like Ruby Woo. It's a great way to make your look mordern retro.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Hell3na

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OKAY!i never ever wear reds on my lips ,nude was always my choice.I could blame it on Christmas but no,as soon as i saw Lady Danger on the counter I HAD TO TRY IT.The result? i m so in love.I am an NW20 and this lipstick looks AMAZING!I really had a lot of compliments wearing it.And a little secret,try it with satin taupe on the eyes,the blackest black eyeliner you have and a pair of dramatic eye-lashes.HERE YOU HAVE IT,THE INGREDIENTS FOR A REAL QUEEN.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They should re-name this HOOOT DAYAM!

It's a really vivid orange-red. For reference, I am NC42 and African American. I don't plan to ever wear it without reverse lipliner and a flattering red lipliner. My first attempt was with Mac's brick lipliner, but I think I need to go just a bit darker. Maybe I'll try burgundy. All in all this is a shockingly red lipstick that you need to have confidence to wear. And be warned...it will turn heads!

Update: Returned. I just could not make this work. Even w/all of the doctoring I do w/reds, it's just not for me. Trying Chili instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can see that this lipstick has had a couple of bad reviews but i love it.

The orange undertones in this lipstick makes blue eyes pop like wow, the fairer the skin the more dramatic it looks.
It wont look good on everyone's complexion, red lipsticks need research, you need to take time to find which tones suit your eye's and skin as shades such as this can look aweful on the wrong skintone.

Dont just slap lady danger on your lips as your likely too put too much on and look like a drag queen, use a lip brush and apply a little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do this lip when I want to look very glamourous and chic... not sexy.

I have had this for a few years and love it. I know red lips are all the rage right now but a great red lip always looks classic and perfect for any time.

I had some hesitation when I had red hair but my husband got me over that quickly.. he showed me a photo of Rita Hayworth with her red hair and red lips. Hey.. it worked! I now have my hair blonde again, and on Saturday we had a lovely but intimate party... I wore a beautiful deep blue black dress and my pearls.

The lips: Lady Danger. The look: perfect.

love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted a red lipstick but somehow none of the shades on the market were quite right for me – all a bit too blue-ish. I am a fair skinned redhead and need something with a bit of warmth to it. A bit of research on MUA found the one! I love this and it is surprisingly easy to use. I pencil the lips first, outlining them and filling them in,apply one coat and blot, then another coat and blot. It is very bright and also very matte. So, I chicken out a bit, and as I do also prefer a gloss finish, I apply a lip gloss on top. (Laura Mercier Ambre Rose Glace) The result is quite stunning.

It is not as long lasting as I would like. You’ll get away with a drink or two but not a full meal. I find you can touch up a couple of times ,but, after that you do really need to remove and start over else it starts to get messy and you start to look a bit like a clown!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC's products in general. The only issue I had with Lady Danger was the color. It is a glowing orange-red. I find that I can only use it as a stain when applied with my finger. As a stain, it looks like I just ate a popsicle, and gives a natural glow to my fair/warm skin.

This is probably a miracle lipstick for someone with a dark skin tone or a goth, but directly applied on my lips, I just ended up looking like a radioactive drag queen. If you happen to buy this lipstick and it doesn't work out due to brightness--take my advice and blot it, or use it as a stain.