July 28, 2014 | 960 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The winter dries my hands horribly along with cracking & bleeding. This is my favorite drugstore hand cream because it provides moisture that leaves behind no sticky/grease-like feel. It gives relief with no irriation and I love the light oatmeal smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I really wanted to like this, but it really didn't impress me at all. I have eczema and severely dry cracked skin on my hands and before this I had been using the Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion or the Aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion with menthol to ease the itch and dryness. I thought maybe this would be more moisturizing, but it really seems to be a thicker version of the daily moisturizing lotion. It definitely does not last through hand washings or last 24 hours in my case. I had to reapply just as much as I did with the regular lotion. I saved myself a few bucks and just bought another small tube of the regular Aveeno lotion instead of repurchasing the hand cream. I'm sure it works for most people, but if you have extremely dry hands I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by julia1211

It works pretty well, and it keeps my skin soft. It does NOT survive handwashings though. After I'm done with the tube I'll probably just buy the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion as it's cheaper and I have to reapply after handwashing anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as an overnight treatment, and it works like a charm. A little heavy for daytime use, but very effective, just the same. Not overly scented, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG hand cream!!! I am sooo fussy about moisturizers but Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is hand cream perfection. Not greasy, absorbs fast, moisturizing, and no scent. No gunky keyboard after using this! I do prefer applying this several times a day - that's probably overboard but I love the way the cream smooths my hands. The ONLY tiny nitpick is that I'd love to have an SPF version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!!! I'm an IT consultant and a chef. I cater small parties and so if I'm not on the laptop I am in the kitchen and have to wash my hands a lot. So far I was using the neutrogena hand cream but it did not sink in very well and also when I washed my hands I could feel it coming off. This one sinks in fast and keeps my hands moisturized. It also worked in the new england winter for me. Definately a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The winters here are hellish on my skin especially my hands. I'd tried many other hand and body lotions that only seemed to burn and sting my already chapped hands and not heal them at all. This was a little more expensive than I'd like for a drugstore brand, but my hands were so dry they were cracking and bleeding, so I went for it. I'm glad I did. This really does moisturize and heal. It's not sticky at all either. One of the few hand creams I can use during the daytime while working! You can smell the oatmeal in it a little, but it's not a bad smell. Definitely did provide relief for my hands.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree 110% with Tina68 below. This product was identical to the Daily Moisturizing Lotion except it was physically thicker and cost more per ounce. It left my hands powdery-dry like the regular Aveeno lotions; however, it took a little longer to soak in and felt cakey until it absorbed. I think the aluminum starch is what makes it feel powdery-dry on my skin. Whatever it is, I did find it moisturizing enough, especially for the steeper price (than the regular formula which was sub-par too).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I could get away with just using a body lotion on my hands until the skin between my fingers became very dry and flaky. So I went to Walmart to find a hand cream and ended up buying this. It got rid of the flakes the first time I used it, and now I faithfully use it twice a day. It completely keeps my hands moisturized but never feels greasy. In fact, it absorbs very quickly. It's a little pricy for a moisturizer from Walmart, but it costs a lot less than high-end brands, and I can't imagine finding one that works better than this. I especially love that this is fragrance-free. I will always repurchase this.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2005 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great hand cream! I have ultra sensitive skin, and this helps to keep my skin from getting very dry and very itchy. It is non-greasy, although I don't find it lasts through that many handwashings, although that could be because I have eczema, which makes my hands feel dry all the time. Good product, although like most Aveeno things, a little too expensive for my tastes. I will repurchase though, as I haven't found any product I like better.