Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

cheap, inoffensive smell and consistency, quickly absorbed, non-greasy, gets the job done!

A really nice UNSCENTED (yay!) hand cream that absorbs quickly and is moisturizing without being greasy. The perfect hand cream for daytime use. I mix it with a pea-sized amount of Vaseline when I put it on at night--to keep the moisture in even more as my hands get very dry. That way it's more like Neutrogena's Norwegian cream. p.s. I don't think this really lasts through handwashings, as the tube claims.

on 2/13/2007 10:18:00 PM

This is an average regular handcream. I have really dry chapped hands in the winter, to the point where they are bleeding and cracked. This didn't do anything to relieve that. It definitely did not provide intense relief. If you have average dry hands this would probably work fine. I gave it one lippie because it did not provide relief to my dry chapped hands.

on 2/12/2007 4:37:00 AM

Wow, this lotion is solving my red chapped bleeding hands and arms problems!!I'm a nurse and I have to wash my hands with heavy duty soap like a hundred times a day plus I use alcohol based hand sanitizer so my hands and arms are a wreck. This is by far the most effective lotion I've found. Makes my hideous hands so soft, I feel human again!! Go get it, its AMAZING!!

on 2/10/2007 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Disappointed. Somehow it feels more like wax, and doesn't quite sink in. I live in Minnesota, and while my hands aren't being eaten alive by the cold, I do need a good hand lotion. This just doesn't seem to do the trick.

on 1/3/2007 5:41:00 PM

I live in an extreamly dry part of Canada and my hands get so chapped in the winter time that my finger tips crack and bleed. After finding this product all that changed and my hands are so much better now. The downside for me is that I find this product very greasy and it never seems to completely absorb.

on 12/6/2006 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this cream! Drugstore lotions never do much for my VERY dry, cracked winter skin, but this cream made my hands sooooooo soft. In fact, I can't believe how well this works for the price. It is far superior to many much more expensive hand creams that I've tried. Soaks in really fast too.

on 11/18/2006 12:41:00 PM

This is my go-to winter hand cream. It isn't greasy and seems to last even after a couple of hand washings. Strong enough for dry winter hands, and I love that the tube is smaller and I can carry it with me. Definite repurchase.

on 11/16/2006 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The winter dries my hands horribly along with cracking & bleeding. This is my favorite drugstore hand cream because it provides moisture that leaves behind no sticky/grease-like feel. It gives relief with no irriation and I love the light oatmeal smell.

on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but it really didn't impress me at all. I have eczema and severely dry cracked skin on my hands and before this I had been using the Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion or the Aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion with menthol to ease the itch and dryness. I thought maybe this would be more moisturizing, but it really seems to be a thicker version of the daily moisturizing lotion. It definitely does not last through hand washings or last 24 hours in my case. I had to reapply just as much as I did with the regular lotion. I saved myself a few bucks and just bought another small tube of the regular Aveeno lotion instead of repurchasing the hand cream. I'm sure it works for most people, but if you have extremely dry hands I wouldn't recommend it.