November 24, 2014 | 1314 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Rhinnanon

I live in an extreamly dry part of Canada and my hands get so chapped in the winter time that my finger tips crack and bleed. After finding this product all that changed and my hands are so much better now. The downside for me is that I find this product very greasy and it never seems to completely absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sues57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cream! Drugstore lotions never do much for my VERY dry, cracked winter skin, but this cream made my hands sooooooo soft. In fact, I can't believe how well this works for the price. It is far superior to many much more expensive hand creams that I've tried. Soaks in really fast too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sampayne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to winter hand cream. It isn't greasy and seems to last even after a couple of hand washings. Strong enough for dry winter hands, and I love that the tube is smaller and I can carry it with me. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The winter dries my hands horribly along with cracking & bleeding. This is my favorite drugstore hand cream because it provides moisture that leaves behind no sticky/grease-like feel. It gives relief with no irriation and I love the light oatmeal smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I really wanted to like this, but it really didn't impress me at all. I have eczema and severely dry cracked skin on my hands and before this I had been using the Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion or the Aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion with menthol to ease the itch and dryness. I thought maybe this would be more moisturizing, but it really seems to be a thicker version of the daily moisturizing lotion. It definitely does not last through hand washings or last 24 hours in my case. I had to reapply just as much as I did with the regular lotion. I saved myself a few bucks and just bought another small tube of the regular Aveeno lotion instead of repurchasing the hand cream. I'm sure it works for most people, but if you have extremely dry hands I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by julia1211

It works pretty well, and it keeps my skin soft. It does NOT survive handwashings though. After I'm done with the tube I'll probably just buy the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion as it's cheaper and I have to reapply after handwashing anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as an overnight treatment, and it works like a charm. A little heavy for daytime use, but very effective, just the same. Not overly scented, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG hand cream!!! I am sooo fussy about moisturizers but Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is hand cream perfection. Not greasy, absorbs fast, moisturizing, and no scent. No gunky keyboard after using this! I do prefer applying this several times a day - that's probably overboard but I love the way the cream smooths my hands. The ONLY tiny nitpick is that I'd love to have an SPF version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!!! I'm an IT consultant and a chef. I cater small parties and so if I'm not on the laptop I am in the kitchen and have to wash my hands a lot. So far I was using the neutrogena hand cream but it did not sink in very well and also when I washed my hands I could feel it coming off. This one sinks in fast and keeps my hands moisturized. It also worked in the new england winter for me. Definately a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The winters here are hellish on my skin especially my hands. I'd tried many other hand and body lotions that only seemed to burn and sting my already chapped hands and not heal them at all. This was a little more expensive than I'd like for a drugstore brand, but my hands were so dry they were cracking and bleeding, so I went for it. I'm glad I did. This really does moisturize and heal. It's not sticky at all either. One of the few hand creams I can use during the daytime while working! You can smell the oatmeal in it a little, but it's not a bad smell. Definitely did provide relief for my hands.