November 28, 2014 | 1683 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by whiteties123

okay i have used this project a couple of times before this.
i am trying something new
i am comparing the mask to the way i improved it
warning my adjustment is not for sensitive skin
i took the mask i had more than 3 quarters left
and added about 20 small drops of tea tree oil and mixed it in
i have the mask on now, but the consistinecy has defintly improved
i am comparing it to the old mask
results coming soon

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall...okay product.

Pros- fun green type mask that every girl loves! It's relaxing in that sense, nice one to sit around and kick-back with! Really does feel as if it's sucking out the impurities and daily dirt and such...BUT

Cons- Now that brings me to the 'buts'!...claims to help with blemishes, fighting new pimples etc...doesn't do a thing! I don't have acne...just pimples in my t-zone because I have combination skin, and I thought the tea tree oil might help fight these breakouts, but it did nothing.

The only change you can see when you use this is very clear, glowy skin...and by clear I mean the pores look smaller, not clear as in it clears any existing blemishes you have.

So...yes...great bright green mask if you want a fun mask to put on and relax with and do the usual thing like suck out the daily dirt...most do that quite effortlessly because of their nature and how long you leave them on...but this does nothing extra! Nothing special like it claims...just like their other 'tea tree' range products...they don't act on pimples, they just sting or burn your face. Definitely not for sensitive skin or skin that breaks out. Try something else. Not something I would purchase again, maybe only for a girls night in for some fun masks infront of a movie, nothing long-term for helping my pimples etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by xkatymayx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this once a week and have used it for the past 3 weeks. My skin is not sensitive, but this mask feels like its burning. After leaving it on for 15 minutes my skin is left smooth and even toned. I was expecting to see a red face as it burns so much but it wasnt red at all! My pores are noticeably smaller and my skin has a healthy glow to it after using this. I don't notice much of an improvement with blemishes, but I do think it helps with preventing any new ones coming up. I will probably buy this again as I love how my skin looks after using it although I could do without the burning sensation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my facial skin type!

** Based on an older version that I still have lying around the house - the package looks to be revamped, so I don't know if the product itself is different or not. **

What it Claims:
"Intense action to purify, deep cleanse, absorb excess oil and help prevent blemishes."

Claims - True or False?
1) Purify/deep cleanse: False. While it gives you that tingly sensation (or in my case, mild burning), it doesn't really seem to do anything that spectacular.
2) Absorbs excess oil: True. I found it to be slightly drying though.
3) Helps prevent blemishes: False. The mask really didn't do anything huge for my acne - I don't remember if it made them worse or not, but when used as a spot treatment, I do know that I'd wake up to the same zit the next morning, only maybe slightly smaller. Did not make healing any faster.

Packaging:
As with all of their masks, it's in a tube. Come on TBS, you should know better! Putting an acne fighting mask in a tub that is basically a breeding ground for bacteria? Not cool! I'd prefer if it were in a squeeze tube, that way it would be much more hygienic. The only real benefit is that it means you can scrape out every last bit of this stuff.

Smell:
Love the smell. Very strong, and distinctive. I love the scent of tea tree oil, so for those that do not, steer away from this. Can be smelled both while on your hands and on your face, but for me it was nothing annoying or offensive.

Consistency:
Quite thick, and doesn't always apply evenly. Smooth, cooling, very much like a lot of clay masks. The classic green slumber-party mask, so use in the privacy of your own room or bathroom. It dries within about 20 minutes, but doesn't dry so hard that it hurts your face.

Ease of Use:
Application is easy, despite it not always applying evenly. Thick enough to apply it to the face without any issue, but can be tricky to get it to not drag to other areas once you apply it if you are applying more to a close area (or more to what you already applied). Washing it off is annoying as hell. It takes a good deal of patience to get it to wash off completely, so will be best removed in a shower.

Bang for your Buck:
Despite being a little expensive for the amount given, it will last. Used once a week, you can easily have it in your bathroom for up to 6 months - mine lasted a LONG time because I didn't use it regularly. You can get it cheaper when using your TBS card or when they hold their sales/discounts.

Final Consensus:
An okay mask that delivers minor results and dries my skin out. Not to mention burns my skin quite a bit. It did leave me with smooth skin, but because of how it irritated, I didn't like using it very often. I do wish it were more conditioning, but it is meant for oily skin, so it's no wonder they made it drying (which tends to make my oilies a lot worse). I believe that the Kaolin is what caused it to not be very effective on my acne (as Kaolin is an ingredient that tends to break me out when left on my face for long periods of time), or possibly just how drying it was. Either way, much like all other clay-based masks of masks containing clay ingredients, this is much too drying without reaping many benefits.

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 2/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the reformulated version.

I left the mask on for about fifteen minutes...it left my skin feeling somewhat refreshed. I have combination skin that is not too breakout-prone, and this mask was MILD on MY skin...so if you are looking for something to really zap oil/tighten pores, this is probably not the product for you. It seems to do a little for combination skin, but there are better masks out there so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Odessey

This mask is amazing. Don't be alarmed by the small packaging, I've been using this for about 3 months now, and i haven't even got down half way. Its a brilliant face mask to use a lot, especially if your having a lot of break outs or want to minimize the risk of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this mask about a month ago. When you apply the mask and wait 10 to 15 minutes it almost completely seeps into your skin. It has a tingling effect, but it is not too much for me. My skin is acne prone and oily skin and not overly sensitive.

I really haven't noticed any difference. I have been using this in combination with the Tea Tree Nightime lotion. I am always hoping for miracles when it comes to OTC acne products, but the best medicine is Retina A. I am just not diligent enough to apply it everyday. And, if I did, how could I justify spending all of the money that I do on beauty products? HA!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by linrainb

I like the tea tree smell of the mask, but it stings a bit when you put it on. Wouldn't recommend it to sensitive skin. I have acne problem, this product does help me with acne a bit, but the result is not as obvious.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by panc2

I bought this product about 6 months ago. At first I used it consistently, and I don't really mind the smell too much (it smells minty). But I have to say... this mask stings QUITE A BIT when you first put it on your face, but after a while, the sting wears off. I usually clean my face with a gentle cleanser and then use this product. I'm not too impressed with its effects either... my pores looks the same, and my skin doesn't really feel heck of a lot cleaner or anything. Didn't do much to my help with acne or breakouts either. Definitely will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product claimed that it will reduce pore sizes, but after applying this for about 15 minutes, my pores looked smaller, but after one night of sleep, my pores turned back to their "original" size. however, i found this is good for treating my breakouts. when i get breakouts, i used this every night for about 3 or 4 days straight, this would make my breakouts go away faster.