July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the reformulated version.

I left the mask on for about fifteen minutes...it left my skin feeling somewhat refreshed. I have combination skin that is not too breakout-prone, and this mask was MILD on MY skin...so if you are looking for something to really zap oil/tighten pores, this is probably not the product for you. It seems to do a little for combination skin, but there are better masks out there so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Odessey

This mask is amazing. Don't be alarmed by the small packaging, I've been using this for about 3 months now, and i haven't even got down half way. Its a brilliant face mask to use a lot, especially if your having a lot of break outs or want to minimize the risk of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this mask about a month ago. When you apply the mask and wait 10 to 15 minutes it almost completely seeps into your skin. It has a tingling effect, but it is not too much for me. My skin is acne prone and oily skin and not overly sensitive.

I really haven't noticed any difference. I have been using this in combination with the Tea Tree Nightime lotion. I am always hoping for miracles when it comes to OTC acne products, but the best medicine is Retina A. I am just not diligent enough to apply it everyday. And, if I did, how could I justify spending all of the money that I do on beauty products? HA!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by linrainb

I like the tea tree smell of the mask, but it stings a bit when you put it on. Wouldn't recommend it to sensitive skin. I have acne problem, this product does help me with acne a bit, but the result is not as obvious.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by panc2

I bought this product about 6 months ago. At first I used it consistently, and I don't really mind the smell too much (it smells minty). But I have to say... this mask stings QUITE A BIT when you first put it on your face, but after a while, the sting wears off. I usually clean my face with a gentle cleanser and then use this product. I'm not too impressed with its effects either... my pores looks the same, and my skin doesn't really feel heck of a lot cleaner or anything. Didn't do much to my help with acne or breakouts either. Definitely will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product claimed that it will reduce pore sizes, but after applying this for about 15 minutes, my pores looked smaller, but after one night of sleep, my pores turned back to their "original" size. however, i found this is good for treating my breakouts. when i get breakouts, i used this every night for about 3 or 4 days straight, this would make my breakouts go away faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still haven't tried it yet. However, I am planning to buy one just that apparently they're having a complete new one. I've went and asked one of the staffs @ body shop, apparently their shipment (new tea tree oil mask) have already arrived just that they will only put it on stock on Aug 3rd, 09.

haha, I've even tried to ask them if whether or not i could buy them now since they showed me the new packaged mask. but they said they couldn't. anyways. got to wait till aug then.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ris87

This product is amazing. If I have a large pimple forming I put on this face mask and after the 10 minutes recommended, it has made the pimpler smaller and less red and angry looking. When I suffer from a large breakout, I will use this mask twice a week and see a significant improvement straight away (used in conjunction with the scrub, face wash, toner, tea tree oil and moisturiser).

I recommend this product to everyone who tells me their skin woes. My only regret is not trying it sooner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Fluffypuff

This product is okay.

It smells great and if you put it on after you've cleaned your face, it feels tingly and fresh. But it doesn't really do anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ensei

I bought this mask on a B2G1 free sale at the Body Shop. The mask has a similar consistency to Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask that sells for a fraction of this, and they're even the same comparable green color. The smell to me was distracting and medicinal not good or clean as other reviewers comment. Packaging is okay to me for a mask - others have said that it might not be hygenic to continue dipping your hands into this, but the SA gave me a plastic spatula to use with this so it's fine for me.

Onto its actual effect. The first time I used this mask, it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my face although I did notice some lingering redness when I finished washing it off. After about an hour, my mother saw me and commented that I needed to get my sunburn looked at - my skin had turned horribly red from this. I don't know what happened - I'm not sensitive to tea tree oil so I thinking that the other ingredients really irritated and inflamed my skin. I've never had such a bad reaction to a mask and my skin is not at all sensitive. However, I did scrub my face with a cleansing scrub before using this mask so that might explain it.

I gave my skin two weeks before I attempted to use it again. I cleansed my skin with a gentle cleanser before and applied a thin layer of this. My second experience went much better; no reddening, my pores seemed to tighten at least somewhat this time, and my skin had a deeper clean feeling.

Still, for its effect, the price is too high (~$16) and I would recommend the much cheaper Queen Helene mask. I'm not sure I'll try this mask again, I don't think its worth risking irritating my skin and there are just so many other better products out there for this price. Off to LUSH I go.