April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ris87

This product is amazing. If I have a large pimple forming I put on this face mask and after the 10 minutes recommended, it has made the pimpler smaller and less red and angry looking. When I suffer from a large breakout, I will use this mask twice a week and see a significant improvement straight away (used in conjunction with the scrub, face wash, toner, tea tree oil and moisturiser).

I recommend this product to everyone who tells me their skin woes. My only regret is not trying it sooner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Fluffypuff

This product is okay.

It smells great and if you put it on after you've cleaned your face, it feels tingly and fresh. But it doesn't really do anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ensei

I bought this mask on a B2G1 free sale at the Body Shop. The mask has a similar consistency to Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask that sells for a fraction of this, and they're even the same comparable green color. The smell to me was distracting and medicinal not good or clean as other reviewers comment. Packaging is okay to me for a mask - others have said that it might not be hygenic to continue dipping your hands into this, but the SA gave me a plastic spatula to use with this so it's fine for me.

Onto its actual effect. The first time I used this mask, it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my face although I did notice some lingering redness when I finished washing it off. After about an hour, my mother saw me and commented that I needed to get my sunburn looked at - my skin had turned horribly red from this. I don't know what happened - I'm not sensitive to tea tree oil so I thinking that the other ingredients really irritated and inflamed my skin. I've never had such a bad reaction to a mask and my skin is not at all sensitive. However, I did scrub my face with a cleansing scrub before using this mask so that might explain it.

I gave my skin two weeks before I attempted to use it again. I cleansed my skin with a gentle cleanser before and applied a thin layer of this. My second experience went much better; no reddening, my pores seemed to tighten at least somewhat this time, and my skin had a deeper clean feeling.

Still, for its effect, the price is too high (~$16) and I would recommend the much cheaper Queen Helene mask. I'm not sure I'll try this mask again, I don't think its worth risking irritating my skin and there are just so many other better products out there for this price. Off to LUSH I go.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by LuvAcoustic

I hate this. The ingredients in this mask do not justify the price. For one, there isnt a significant amount of tea tree oil to even remotely help with any pimple. I find the the Mint Masque from Queen whatever is way better and cheaper(not quality wise). Also, i do not believe in a clay mask that does not dry. Scientifically, it is not going to be that effective since non-drying clay isn't hydrophilic.

If you really want to get rid of acne, buy a real bottle of tea tree oil.
You would get better results than this piece of junk. This mask lasts forever, and its bad for me because it sucks and i have to use to, even though i hate it, so i can irradicate it from my life. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by 7954

ignore the price, this tub will last you a LONG time!
nice natural subtle smell, easy to take off, didn't break me out, calms my skin, smooth texture
when I eventually run out, I'll buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

I like this mask as it does not dry on the face. Also it is very cooling which helps calm down any flare ups. I have acne and this mask helps it. I use it every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CTP

my friend bought this for her acne scars & we did facials over at her house a few times. everytime we use this, we saw a difference! it really does work. it helps fade my acne scars. will definitely go out and buy my own now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I Love this!

I know some people have been saying the St ives has a cheaper better mask (the blue mineral clay one) but Ive tried that before and personally it is wayyyyy too drying on me.I mean it does a great job in keeping the extra oil away but I find that I have DRY PATCHES on my face when I use the St ives Mask.I think its because I have combination skin thats why.But if you have totally oily skin,try that if you're looking for a cheaper alternative.

Okay so now my review for the TEA TREE OIL FACE MASK.Ive been using this since I was 15,which was like about 4 years ago.So Ive definetely seen results.

I say this mask helps in keeping my skin clear.Because at the end of the week,since I wear makeup,its really important for me to have a mask that will remove all stubborn elements that might not been removed through regular cleansing during the week.

The texture of the mask is thick enough but easy to spread around.This will dry slightly on your face but majority of it will stay the same as when you put it on.And its green of course.

I love this mask because its great at removing impurities and keeping my skin feel fresh and clear.So I would recommend it and I have repurchased it many times.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a good mask for oily and problematic skin, Helps heal blemishes and absorbs oil. does not do miracles but great for those blemish-filled days.

may work better if left overnight (note that this mask does not dry on the skin) however i do not recommend this for sensitive skin types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Unlike everyone else, I don't use this as the average, leave-on-for-20-minutes-mask. I use this for a night treatment when my face goes particularly crazy. I put a towel over my pillows and wait until it's dry or mostly dry before going to sleep.. When I wake up I have GORGEOUS skin with less pimples. I like how this doesn't make my face oily if I sleep in it (like the Aztec mask did) and how the tea tree really gets a chance to ... you know...do some work or whatever...on my skin(:
I will totally buy this after I'm done with it..and maybe a face wash to go with it. I really like The Body Shops tea tree line(: