September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Hawk612

I love this program. I wish all companies would take part in something like this. It is good for everyone involved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

Obviously, this only works if you use enough MAC products to accumulate six empty containers.

I go through Zoomlash at a rate of maybe one every two months.

There is nothing negative to say about this program. You're recycling and getting free lipstick!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The whole point of this is to make up a superlative excuse to get people to go into the store, once the suckers are in, the SA will round you up & suck your wallet dry !!!

If Mac is to care about the environment, I have a few suggestions:
1. eliminate packaging - get rid of the box, eg. fix or bottled fdn, the boxes are unnecessary, they became garbage the moment it arrived home.
2. make refill, studio fix & studio tech, e/s, blush, you get the point.
Also, as you are collection the empties, you find a place to house them, thinking what to buy next to collect more empties, all these leads one to think about Mac. Not a bad thing for Mac considered it probably cost them $3 to make a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They are giving free products away, and recycling at the same time.

Totally ingenious idea and all makeup companies should be doing this, it gives back to their customers and helps the environment by using less plastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by wsk449

GOSH for 6 empties you get a FREE LIPSTICK (even a slimshine if you want)... and if you go to the MAC store, you can choose a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow- how rad is that????
ALL MAJOR cosmetic companies need to start doing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by christinaclearyMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, love that MAC does this...I'm a makeup artist and love the MAC products already, but it definitely keeps me faithful to them! I buy their eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushes, powders and bring them home and then scrap them all out into palettes...then take back my empty MAC cases to exchange for lippies! Absolutely awesome...I wish other companies would do this, not just because it's benifical to the consumer, but also because it's putting junk to good use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

My question is, why ISN'T this getting a perfect score? There are FREE PRODUCTS up for grabs. And for those of you who are picky and don't want a lipstick, go to a MAC freestanding store and you can choose between lipsticks, lipglass and eyeshadow. The MAC MA at the Bay told me that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

This is such an awesome program! I always like to recycle when i can and getting something free in exchange for it is awesome! I got a free lipstick because i don't have any freestanding stores nearby, but I love their lipstick. I got it in syrup and it looks like a gloss, but wears like a lipstick! Awesome! I wish I could get a lipglass though because they are the same price so they should do that but it is a really good program!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Utepchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In a way this is good becasue it encourages people to recycle but now I find myself buying more makeup than ever! Who doesn't love free stuff? I don't live by a MAC free standing store so the only free thing I can recieve is a lipstick but I'm not complaining. Everytime I buy a new eyeshadow I have my husband help depot it as soon as possible in order to collect my six items (isn't he cute).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by debllah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

its a great program i love mac and i just use mac lipsticks glasses shadows and even their skincare so i always get free lipsticks and then i bring those empty tubes back again thats great.....its great that they take stuff back and recycle it
of course its marketing too they make sure you come back but hey i get tons of free lippies ...i love MAC