April 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2003 7:54:00 AM More reviews by SuZen

This is actually a nice product, works well to hold down little frizzies on the top of my hair, but really, V05 Sheer Hairdressing is very similar for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2003 9:47:00 PM More reviews by youngnjaded

I have not had the same experiance as the other reviews, but it is not a bad one either. I have fine hair, but a ton of the wavy stuff, so I need a de-frizzer that is not going to give me the greasy look. This stuff actully adds body to my hair, which will be great when it is longer, but my shaggy above the shoulder 'do needs more smoothing than this provides. It does make the hair look healthy and the fact that it contains shea butter means it actully contributes to the healthy of the hair. Also, I found that mixing a tiny bit with water is a spray bottle is perfect when I don't have time to wash my hair, but I need to smooth the bedhead from hell. (TIGI may think it is sexy, but they have never seen mine!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree that this is rather lacklustre (ha, I slay me) in the shine department, but definitely improves the texture and manageability of my long, thermally-reconditioned hair. I know people with TR'd hair go crazy over Biosilk, but I prefer Redken's products; the All Soft line and Outshine have done wonders for my hair.

Outshine smoothes down any frizz and flyaways (both of which are making their triumphant return as my roots grow in), and it keeps the ends from looking fried when I go too long without a trim. It has a mild floral scent that I actually quite like, but it's hard to identify. Oh, and it's ridiculously expensive (I pay about $22 CAD), but it's become a necessary evil...er, I mean, holy grail. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2003 4:07:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has quick become a staple of mine. It really leaves my hair soft & manageable without weighing it down. Also has a very nice scent. Not really strong enough for when I flat iron my hair straight, but for good for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

I have just used this in conjunction with Redken Fat Cat shampoo, Redken Addictive Hair Transformer and Redken Anti-Snap (yes I am addicted to Redken products right now! ;) )

Well, I am not too sure on the smell but the Anti-Snap soon takes that away. I applied the AS to the ends of my hair and then 1 pump of the Outshine all over my hair before blowdrying. My hair feels like silk and is so shiny, and the ends of my hair feel so healthy.

I dont know which product made it this way - Im sure its just the combination of these excellent products - I love Every Single One Of Them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2003 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lilcutiepie

I really love this product, it does a very nice job of taming frizzies - I have thin, wavy, just-past-my-shoulders hair that's very frizzy and it definitely does the trick. I use one pump on towel-dried hair, and around 1/2 pump the next day mixed with Redken's Extreme Anti-Snap to provide extra control and to keep those frizzies away. I've never found it to be sticky or heavy, even on my very thin locks. Love it!***UPDATE***6-25 I had to come back and add another lippie onto this - it AMAZES me how well this goes onto my hair, whether wet or bone dry it's always perfect! And, considering how thin and sparse my hair is, that's incredible :) Also stands up to the humidity test!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2003 4:50:00 AM More reviews by FelineSin1

This product makes my hair soft. But extra shine and anti-frizziness? well that's a different story. Honestly it barely works in providing added shine and anti-frizziness. I still have to use my Joico Serum. But regardless, it makes my hair soft and healthy. It's still a must for me, but I find the advertisement a bit misleading. If you want soft, healthy looking hair. this product is good alone. But if you have frizzy, or lots of short hairs at the top layer of your head (I have long hair) then your better off combining this product with a serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2003 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amybean

I love this product, but I found that John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon is nearly the same product and works just as well for only $4.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mystikal07

I really like this. it makes my hair soft, smooth and it smells GREAT! Of course it wasn't a miracle worker but it did make a nice difference. It's expensive though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Calamity

I've been using this for a little over three months now... is it safe to elevate it to holy grail status? Because I wanna. Let me convince you. This stuff is asssssspensive. Around $25 CAD, which IMO is too much to pay for hair goop. And my hair eats this stuff. My hair is three inches long and yet ate a tube of this in two months. And I'm growing it out, too... lord knows how much it's going to eat when it's longer. Yet, I must keep buying it. I'll be living in a cardboard box soon, but at least my hair will be soft and healthy looking. I'm not sure exactly what this stuff is supposed to do, but for me, it does Wonderful Things to the texture of my evil curly dry hair. It immediately feels softer upon application, and looks, not shiny exactly, but healthy. Looks and feels like there's no styling product in it at all. Calms down frizzies, not 100%, but significantly. I can put just this stuff in my hair, with no styling products for hold and texture, and it'll still look decent enough so that I can go out in public and not scare children. Now that's impressive. continued >>