Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/4/2005 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

We are never without this. I use it every day and night to keep my lips conditioned.

This stuff is really good to make sure your lips dont crack. I put it on top of my burts bee's chapstick right before i sleep just to make sure of that.

on 8/7/2005 2:10:00 AM

All I can say is ... YUCK!!! This product was discovered/made from sludge that collected around pump rods on oil wells. It grossed me out even as a child. That thick, semi-clear gel consistency with a yellowish-white tinge - ewww!! I could live with the heinousness of the product & the mildly oily, chemically smell if the stuff actually worked. It never has worked for me - forms an oily, pore-clogging layer which does not penetrate & wears off quickly leaving the skin/lips underneath dryer than ever. I read that that Vaseline (like mineral oil) strips the skin of natural oils, which can cause chapping, dryness & premature aging. Also prevents elimination of toxins & can cause acne.

on 6/7/2005 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I CAN'T LIVE WITH OUT THIS IN THE WINTER! and For all seasons~ it is the most moisturizing thing out there for your lips. my lips were always scaly and stuff and with this it makes them sooooooooo soft. my bf loves it. ^^ its dirt cheap! i hate the containter packing so i usually get the travel size thats in the tube. i got to get a new one. it's almost done.... i forgot moisturizxer on vacay and i used this too! a plus! I love it! multi use!

on 5/13/2005 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG nighttime facial moisturizer-(and every day lip moisturizer!)-after a shower, get out, dry face, etc...then wet hands in sink, and gather a small dab and distribute evenly between hands and pat all over face. The water reapplied is then locked in, and the Vaseline is thinned out so it's not heavy. Wait a few, then with a kleenex gently wipe off excess on face, but leave thin layer on lashes. Just dab about, no rubbing. My skin is only calm and the redness is down and my lashes are healthiest when I do this! AND I have oily acne prone skin. HA! If this stuff is pure toxic poison then I'm gonna die happy...;-)

on 4/7/2005 5:47:00 PM

Great moisture, I only use on lips and random skin dry patches (not on my face). I've used this for about 20 years, and will always buy it. The tub lasts for years, literally.

on 11/16/2004 11:16:00 PM

Awesome on lips as a gloss, or as an overnight chapstick. And for the amount you get, its really cheap. I would definitely buy this again, but I dont think I'll be done with my huge tub anytime soon.

on 8/25/2004 9:02:00 AM

I love it, it smothes my chapped lips and is the one and only for glossy lips (or eye lids). It's not sticky, very glossy, put it over your lippy for some great shine!! Better than anything else I have tried!

on 6/9/2004 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Vaseline is an ultra-cheap petroleum derivative and smells like one, so I can't imagine using it on my face or body. It seems to have a sealing effect rather than an emollient one, so I don't find it helpful in really healing cracked lips. However, I color my hair regularly and find that Vaseline is GREAT around the hairline to prevent staining. Other than that, I prefer more sophisticated, botanically based products (if you ever want to scare yourself, do a web search on wholesale petroleum jelly and see how many thousands of barrels are produced straight from the oilfields each day!)

on 5/28/2004 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG--who doesn't love vaseline? It it my favorite product iever! If I was stranded on a desert Island I'd bring this and sunscreen! Every nite I put it on my eyes and it thickens my lashes and makes them look great and when I put it on my lips I wake up with lips that are so smooth and silky that I can hardly ever imagine having chapped cracked lips. And putting on your feet, hands and cuticles is super moisturizing! My skin is so soft and beautiful...I adore vaseline! One tube will last you your whole life...times 4! I love love love it!

Top Rated Vaseline Products