October 31, 2014 | 1401 users online

Lips - Vaseline - Vaseline

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sunkissd7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome on lips as a gloss, or as an overnight chapstick. And for the amount you get, its really cheap. I would definitely buy this again, but I dont think I'll be done with my huge tub anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2004 9:02:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUp007

I love it, it smothes my chapped lips and is the one and only for glossy lips (or eye lids). It's not sticky, very glossy, put it over your lippy for some great shine!! Better than anything else I have tried!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

Vaseline is an ultra-cheap petroleum derivative and smells like one, so I can't imagine using it on my face or body. It seems to have a sealing effect rather than an emollient one, so I don't find it helpful in really healing cracked lips. However, I color my hair regularly and find that Vaseline is GREAT around the hairline to prevent staining. Other than that, I prefer more sophisticated, botanically based products (if you ever want to scare yourself, do a web search on wholesale petroleum jelly and see how many thousands of barrels are produced straight from the oilfields each day!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ChicElle18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG--who doesn't love vaseline? It it my favorite product iever! If I was stranded on a desert Island I'd bring this and sunscreen! Every nite I put it on my eyes and it thickens my lashes and makes them look great and when I put it on my lips I wake up with lips that are so smooth and silky that I can hardly ever imagine having chapped cracked lips. And putting on your feet, hands and cuticles is super moisturizing! My skin is so soft and beautiful...I adore vaseline! One tube will last you your whole life...times 4! I love love love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hoarder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think every household has at least one jar of vaseline!and why not?it has more than a hundred uses(i think)anyway,i used to use this for my lips at night but i stopped because my stupid brother used it for his art project!i have to buy a new jar but at the meantime im using kiehl's.will probabaly not switch back to vaseline for quite some time.(too much kiehl to finish off first.haha)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2004 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sexiviolet

Vaseline is such a great, CHEAP product, I use it at night on my lips and they are sooo soft! It's also great for makeup mistakes and removing. The people who said it tastes and smells weird must have off senses, cause it doesn't taste or smell like anything. I bought the small sqeeze tube for my purse and I'll never use another lipbalm again. It isn't good as a lip base, unless you apply it then wipe most of it off. Sometimes I apply lip liner all over, then use a light coat. All in all, awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this over and over and over and over again, but i've never had to buy it more than twice (and only b/c i thought i misplaced the first tub)! The negative - the packaging is chunky and ugly ;) But who cares? You're only going to pay around $5 for a massive container :D:D:D This is the BEST stuff to REALLY moisturize those super dry and flaky/cracked lips. You could use generous amounts of it w/o feeling guilty :) I like to use it before i got to bed in ridiculous quantities on and around my lips. When i wake up, soft as ever lips :D However, vaseline SUCKS for trying to put under lip colours- not a good idea ;) Your lip colour will be sliding everywhere ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 6:30:00 AM More reviews by emma_jane

This is soo great, it makes skin soft and can be used for a variety of things.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

Ah, a good old classic. I use Vaseline on a daily basis. I exfoliate my lips every night, then put tons of Vaseline on them, and when I wake up - tada, they're like silk. Also, a really helpful trick for girls who wear mascara every day: after taking it off, put some Vaseline on your eyelashes and then go to bed. It really helps them to not be so brittle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 7:07:00 AM More reviews by annelau

I am a highend girl most of the time but if a cheap product works exactly as good as expensive one and perhpas outperform it, why not? Unfournately, not many underrated lowend or drugstore products availabe but I am lucky enough to find Vaseline.
Vasline! Great to be used as lip mask and night time lip treatment. If you have cracked lips like me, I would suggest you to apply thick layer and let it sit for few minutes; then gently use an old toothbrush to bursh/rub your lips. After that, apply another thin layer of Vasline and then lipgloss or lipstick of your choice!
However, I am quite concern that Vasline is by product of petroleum. I worry it may result adverse effect on me after long term usage. So, I cannot make up my mind to use it as lipbalm in the future. But again, Vasline is suitable for other parts of my body, like hands, elbows! Every lady should have a jar of Vasline in her bathroom. continued >>