July 26, 2014 | 1510 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by runningmoon

I just started using this product a week ago, because I have been breaking out very badly for awhile now. I tried Proactive, and that was terrible on me! Burned my skin and made it so itchy and dry. My best friend's aunt recommended Cetaphil, saying that she used to get huge boil like pimples, and once she started using this, everything went away. I think this stuff is amazing so far. First off, it's a great price for such a big bottle. I got it for $9.99 at Walgreens. Also, it got rid of my dry skin problem from the Proactive. My skin looks overall better already! I can definitely see my pimples clearing up. I use this, and the Clean and Clear daily moisturizer. Both seem to be working so far. Oh, and this Cetaphil does have a strange smell. The best way I can describe it is that it smells like very strong, overpowering baby shampoo. It's worth it though, and you can only smell it while you're washing it. It won't leave an aftersmell like Proactive did.
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Nevermind, this stuff doesn't work for my crappy skin. I went back to St. Ives Green Tea cleanser. Hoping my skin will clear up completely soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for quite some time (perhaps a year or more) along with my Clarisonic cleansing brush. I love that it removes the dirt and makeup, but doesn't dry me out or leave behind residue. It does exactly what it says it does, cleans with drying. I use this every night before I got to bed. Even a small pump bottle last a long time and it's reasonably priced. It's a plastic bottle so you can keep it in the shower, if you like and one pump is pretty much all you need, and a pump keeps the product sanitary and it doesn't get messy.

It might not be for the overly sensitive or dry skinned (that's why they make the gentle version). II'm 49 years old and use this.

Overall, a quality product for a fair price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mrsreid55

Didn't work for me...

I broke out after initial use, but continued to use for a few weeks. The breakouts were not bad, (small bumps), but continued. I gave up on this product. My skin is combination and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pollinad

Note: I have dry, acne-prone skin

I first started using Cetaphil products when I was a teenager. I was on Accutane, which can cause extreme dryness, and I purchased this Cetaphil cleanser because I needed something very gentle for my skin. This product was recommended, and it worked well for me.

After I finished the Accutane treatment and my skin cleared up, I ventured out and tried different cleansers for a few years. Within the past year or so, my skin has become more sensitive. I've experienced some bad reactions to various skincare and beauty products, so I went back to using Cetaphil because it is gentle and fragrance-free. Using this cleanser has been a part of my daily skincare routine for the past year or so, and I'm happy with it.

As some reviewers have mentioned, this will not remove makeup. You should use a makeup remover to remove your makeup, and THEN follow with the Cetaphil to cleanse your face. If you do not have sensitive skin you can do without this. If you are on a harsh acne treatment, or just have sensitive skin, then I would recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by justninny

Over time, this stuff breaks you out.
Cetaphil products ARE NOT NON-COMEDOGENIC! Yes, they claim to be.. but check out the ingredients. They have two of the top pore clogging ingredients at the top of the ingredients list in their face washes and lotions.
FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

This is a REALLY good drugstore cleanser. I have been using Skinceuticals' Clarifying cleanser for about a year now, but I was tired of spending a ridiculous amount of money on it. An esthetician at my work uses this cleanser religiously and swears by it, so I figured if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me. I was not disappointed when I bought a bottle. I use it with my clarisonic. It doesn't foam, which is good because foam usually = dryness. It makes my skin just feel really nice and clean. I haven't noticed a greater amount of breakouts than I usually get, so I'm sticking to this. Only thing I don't care for is the scent. It's like a medicinal baby powder scent or something..not the greatest, but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lizzylof

A fabulous general cleanser, particularly if you have sensitive skin. I have rosacea and this (along with Laura Mercier cleansing oil) is one of the only things that doesn't piss off my skin. Leaves me feeling clean and not too dry but addresses the oily patches on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this face wash a long time ago. I recently tried it again & started to remember why I stopped using it in the first place. First off, this leaves my face overly dry & slightly irritated (also irritated my eyes), leaves a little bit of a film behind, & I never really noticed any long term results overall. For the price & the amount of product you get, this isn't a bad deal. I personally, just would rather pay a higher price & get a better face wash that I notice a visible difference with, & one I don't get an irritation with. Not the worst, but not that pleasant either. Also keep in mind I do not have oily skin, so this probably works best for people with oily skin. If you have even slightly dry or even normal skin, I wouldn't reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by heholt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I have always had funky oily sometimes acne prone skin, I always thought I needed to nuke the crap out of my skin with BP or salicylic acid and scrub the crap out of it to clean all the greasies and treat or prevent acne. Recently, I heard from a friend who had the same nuke it philosophy that she started using this because her dermatologist recommended it, and he had told her all the products she was frying her skin with were making matters worse. I figured, what the heck- it was cheap enough, I have all my other nuking products as backup if it breaks me out or doesn't work... OH MY how I was pleasantly surprised!! That Dr was RIGHT! I had no idea I was making matters worse, since using this, my skin is finally CALM and GLOWING! Barely any blackheads, and any little pimples I get are very mild and go away fast!!! I saw the results almost immediately Yeah, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! Be nice to your skin and it will be nice to you people!!! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail cleanser. I use this twice a day with my clarisonic Mia. This combo worked wonders at clearing up my (semi minimal) acne and redness. I hate going without this cleanser because its amazing. I never get acne anymore and my face is basically all one color, very minimal redness.