October 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dkbusse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I get occasional cystic acne on my face. When I added this into my regime, about 3 months ago, I noticed a major improvement. I use it once a day, at night. If I use this in the morning (before applying makeup) I don't like the results. When I put makeup on after washing with it, the combination seems to cause excess oil (I have combination skin).
However, I feel that it really takes off my makeup at night (even waterproof eye makeup) and has significantly improved the texture of my skin and further reduced break outs. It really seems to remove dirt and makeup. I use this with my clarisonic (mia 2), about 2 pumps per use. I follow with a toner. The scent it strong (kind of floral) when washing, but it doesn't linger. It doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by smahama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is my holy grail. I prefer to use brands that do not test on animals and have been looking for a new cleanser, but nothing compares to this so far. It seems to work on all skin types. I have dry to normal skin and my husband has oily, acne-prone skin and we both love it. In fact, it's the only cleanser that doesn't make my husband break out. It's also incredibly cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by colleencormier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this clenser! I haven't broken out for a long time after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. absolutely great for my skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this product. I used the gentle version before and I notice it didn't take off makeup. But the normal to oily version takes makeup off very nicely (I do not wear heavy makeup). Smells kind of strong (like flowers). Leaves skin very soft. Rinses clean, very refreshing. And lastly it will not leave skin tight-follow with toner and/or moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by runningmoon

I just started using this product a week ago, because I have been breaking out very badly for awhile now. I tried Proactive, and that was terrible on me! Burned my skin and made it so itchy and dry. My best friend's aunt recommended Cetaphil, saying that she used to get huge boil like pimples, and once she started using this, everything went away. I think this stuff is amazing so far. First off, it's a great price for such a big bottle. I got it for $9.99 at Walgreens. Also, it got rid of my dry skin problem from the Proactive. My skin looks overall better already! I can definitely see my pimples clearing up. I use this, and the Clean and Clear daily moisturizer. Both seem to be working so far. Oh, and this Cetaphil does have a strange smell. The best way I can describe it is that it smells like very strong, overpowering baby shampoo. It's worth it though, and you can only smell it while you're washing it. It won't leave an aftersmell like Proactive did.
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Nevermind, this stuff doesn't work for my crappy skin. I went back to St. Ives Green Tea cleanser. Hoping my skin will clear up completely soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for quite some time (perhaps a year or more) along with my Clarisonic cleansing brush. I love that it removes the dirt and makeup, but doesn't dry me out or leave behind residue. It does exactly what it says it does, cleans with drying. I use this every night before I got to bed. Even a small pump bottle last a long time and it's reasonably priced. It's a plastic bottle so you can keep it in the shower, if you like and one pump is pretty much all you need, and a pump keeps the product sanitary and it doesn't get messy.

It might not be for the overly sensitive or dry skinned (that's why they make the gentle version). II'm 49 years old and use this.

Overall, a quality product for a fair price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mrsreid55

Didn't work for me...

I broke out after initial use, but continued to use for a few weeks. The breakouts were not bad, (small bumps), but continued. I gave up on this product. My skin is combination and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pollinad

Note: I have dry, acne-prone skin

I first started using Cetaphil products when I was a teenager. I was on Accutane, which can cause extreme dryness, and I purchased this Cetaphil cleanser because I needed something very gentle for my skin. This product was recommended, and it worked well for me.

After I finished the Accutane treatment and my skin cleared up, I ventured out and tried different cleansers for a few years. Within the past year or so, my skin has become more sensitive. I've experienced some bad reactions to various skincare and beauty products, so I went back to using Cetaphil because it is gentle and fragrance-free. Using this cleanser has been a part of my daily skincare routine for the past year or so, and I'm happy with it.

As some reviewers have mentioned, this will not remove makeup. You should use a makeup remover to remove your makeup, and THEN follow with the Cetaphil to cleanse your face. If you do not have sensitive skin you can do without this. If you are on a harsh acne treatment, or just have sensitive skin, then I would recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by justninny

Over time, this stuff breaks you out.
Cetaphil products ARE NOT NON-COMEDOGENIC! Yes, they claim to be.. but check out the ingredients. They have two of the top pore clogging ingredients at the top of the ingredients list in their face washes and lotions.
FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!