Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 8/9/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this morning and night, before applying my makeup and after taking it off. it makes my skin feel really nice and eliminates oil. i definitely prefer this cleanser over the gentle skin cleanser- the gentle skin cleanser was just too gentle for my skin. this cleanser for oily skin made my skin feel more fresh, and it had a much better smell to it, unlike the one for gentle skin. I love this face wash!

on 8/9/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product really works on my skin. It helps reduce exceed oil on my face and make my skin soooo smooth. It also cleans the face thoroughly while you use it on a facial brush.

This product claims to remove makeup: it does not completely remove waterproof makeup. I've used makeup remover to clean off makeup and there were some bits left, and I used this as a face wash and tried to get more makeup off, but it did not work for me. As a face wash, this product is AMAZING. I have normal/sensitive skin, and this face wash is a dream in the summer time. It leaves my skin smooth, and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. In the winter though, this left my face VERY dry, although it may be because my skin is much drier in the winter. It's more of a product to use in the warmer months if your skin is like mine. Great product though!

on 8/7/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

So I bought the one tht comes in a bottle. At first I seem improvements in my acne-prone skin that has lots of scarring. The scarring quickly faded away after usin this cleanser and I saw my face become noticably clear. The problem is I use my acne treatment at night after washing my face with this cleanser only on my problem areas, and I quickly noticed that where ever I put my treatment my pimples would become worse. I usually get white heads only but when I started using this I started seeing multiple pimples on one pimple. It happened to ever white head I would get. So over this cleanser. Definitely worth a try but will be looking for something.

on 8/1/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

On the fence about this one. I usually use the regular Cetaphil cleanser, and I bought this one by mistake (packaging is almost identical, minus wording). I guess I wasn't looking when I bought it. I pumped a squirt into my hand and thought WHAT! Clear!?

Oh well. I do have oily skin, so I figured I would give it a go, although I have really enjoyed my skin over the past year with the regular/dry version.

This has a very chemical, astringent smell that bothers me a bit. I looked if it had salicylic acid, but I think the main detergent is just regular old SLS.

The one thing it has going for it is that it does rinse off cleanly and makes my Clairsonic brush much cleaner than the regular version did.

However, I feel like my skin is more oily after using this product. I happened to be using the Cetaphil Oil control moisturizer last week, too, and I was a disco mess.

After writing this review, I miss my old cleanser...i will pick some up this weekend and return to it. I wish I wasn't out $10 but maybe I can use this to clean my Clairsonic brush once a week :)

on 7/30/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When the "original" Cetaphil cleanser did not work for me (left a film and did not remove makeup), I thought this version would be the solution. It was not at all. From the moment I put in on my face, it burned big time. I also did not like the scent--very chemical-y. It did remove makeup better than the original version, but at the expense of my skin.

on 7/30/2013 2:18:00 PM

LOVE this cleanser. I use it every night before bed. Note - I do not wear makeup, so I can't tell you if it will remove makeup. But it does such a great job of cleansing my skin of oil, dirt, etc. It makes me feel so clean and fresh and ready for bed! And for the price, it's just wonderful. The smell isn't great, but that's no big deal for me. Overall - great cleanser for the price!

on 7/28/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin absolutely hates this cleanser. I tried it once, and it completely stripped my skin. My skin was shiny like wax afterwards, and the worst part is that my skin tried to make up for being dry by producing MORE oil. So, no, this is not a good cleanser for oily skin, let alone normal skin.

on 7/12/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the kind of cleanser that has mixed reviews. Some of them don't like them, while some of them love this and stay using this for years (like some of my family).

For me, this is quite nice, it doesn't make break outs (of course), makes my skin less oily, and has a nice clean scent.

The downside is that this can be a little bit irritating (sometimes, especially if my skin is flaky that day, but of course, because it's formulated for oily skin--my skin type is oily but sometimes flaky). If you have sensitive skin or a bit flaky skin like mine, be careful not to use too much.

Overall it's quite nice and decent, in case of emergency (like my current facial cleanser ran out or I forgot to carry my cleanser) this cleanser is useful because the fact that it can be found in most drugstores

on 7/11/2013 9:50:00 AM

Not gentle at all. It burned my skin so bad.