The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Super-duper moisturisation!!! I keep a tub of this at work. I've even got male colleagues going after this one. But i still love my Palmers / Astral.

My favourite TBS body butter! It smells absolutly delicious! It not a really heavy scent, it's quite nutty, yet very pleasantly chocolaty. It's a bit expensive, $18 Canadian, but I bought the mini size and it was only $8. Good stuff:)

on 6/1/2006 12:09:00 AM

i LOVE body butter!!! this is one of my favorites=it smells wonderful paired up with just a dab of TBS vanilla perfume oil,it's light enough to wear in the summer...try it!!! i carry the mini body-butter tubs in my purse,you just can't beat the moisturizing quality of body butter...they are the best!!!

on 5/28/2006 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this one as a gift, but i am a huge body butter fan. I can't use them allthe time since the scents clash with perfumes most times since they scent lasts on the skin forever. But using them b4 bed or on days that you aren't going out they are perfect.
Ilove ths scent of the cocoa butter one i can't describe it exactly it doesn't smell like chcolate or anything but it still smells sooo good. I am not a huge fan of the tub since a tube would be easier but i will continue to buy body butters (i have at least 4 tubs around my house at the moment in different "flavors").
They make my skin incredibly soft and give a nice sheen to the skin. i love these in the summer for my legs when i have a nice tan makes my skin look incredible.

on 5/1/2006 1:23:00 PM

Very good cocoa smell without being too chocolatey. Not one of my top 3 body butters from TBS, but still a nice indulgence. It leaves wonderfully soft skin and a nice subtle fragrance.

on 4/26/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'd buy it again, if it was on sale. It doesn't smell like cocoa, more like a baking product like brown sugar or something. It leaves me a little greasy, but I guess that would be great if I actually had terribly dry skin. I have normal skin, most of the time. I do use this in the winter though, you know-- when skin gets scaley. It makes a great in-sock foot treatment while you're sleeping. Don't use this right before bed! It will get your sheets greasey! The smell is really strong, so make sure you like it before you buy.

on 3/18/2006 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These smell great and feel smooth when applied to your skin. But they are filled with not so natural products, like silicons and parabens preservatives. I much rather use natural products than these. I also find they leave a oily feeling on your skin that lingers around for far too long.

on 3/5/2006 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love this sumptious, rich cream with its delicious fragrance. This product is a must, especially in summer time. It is ideal to remove the "whiteness" that covers dry skin. I also use it at the beach like a "suntanning cream" and it stays on for hours even after swimming. (Possibly no sun protection though.) This is an excellent product. A++++

on 3/4/2006 7:14:00 AM

ok we all love the smell...and the moisture..its awesome..i love it..buuuttttt could the body shop try and make it in a tube...for hygiene purposes..i would love it even more then. (after a friend was getting ready at my house the other night, i found her she had scooped a massive chunk out of my tub..which is just rude (it was a new tub so i could tell) and also a bit germy!!)

on 3/2/2006 2:09:00 PM

I am totally addicted to the scent of Cocoa Butter! Just one whiff and I feel so calm and happy so you can't beat that. The body butters glide right on and are very moisturizing. I don't find this product greasy at all. I also have the Nut scent and Strawberry (available around valentines day) but like Cocoa Butter the best.
It is a little pricy for a tub but I think it's worth it.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products