November 28, 2014 | 1885 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by joellarose

i LOVE body butter!!! this is one of my favorites=it smells wonderful paired up with just a dab of TBS vanilla perfume oil,it's light enough to wear in the summer...try it!!! i carry the mini body-butter tubs in my purse,you just can't beat the moisturizing quality of body butter...they are the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i got this one as a gift, but i am a huge body butter fan. I can't use them allthe time since the scents clash with perfumes most times since they scent lasts on the skin forever. But using them b4 bed or on days that you aren't going out they are perfect.
Ilove ths scent of the cocoa butter one i can't describe it exactly it doesn't smell like chcolate or anything but it still smells sooo good. I am not a huge fan of the tub since a tube would be easier but i will continue to buy body butters (i have at least 4 tubs around my house at the moment in different "flavors").
They make my skin incredibly soft and give a nice sheen to the skin. i love these in the summer for my legs when i have a nice tan makes my skin look incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by volley28

Very good cocoa smell without being too chocolatey. Not one of my top 3 body butters from TBS, but still a nice indulgence. It leaves wonderfully soft skin and a nice subtle fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 2:01:00 AM More reviews by KerissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd buy it again, if it was on sale. It doesn't smell like cocoa, more like a baking product like brown sugar or something. It leaves me a little greasy, but I guess that would be great if I actually had terribly dry skin. I have normal skin, most of the time. I do use this in the winter though, you know-- when skin gets scaley. It makes a great in-sock foot treatment while you're sleeping. Don't use this right before bed! It will get your sheets greasey! The smell is really strong, so make sure you like it before you buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These smell great and feel smooth when applied to your skin. But they are filled with not so natural products, like silicons and parabens preservatives. I much rather use natural products than these. I also find they leave a oily feeling on your skin that lingers around for far too long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ozebaia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this sumptious, rich cream with its delicious fragrance. This product is a must, especially in summer time. It is ideal to remove the "whiteness" that covers dry skin. I also use it at the beach like a "suntanning cream" and it stays on for hours even after swimming. (Possibly no sun protection though.) This is an excellent product. A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 7:14:00 AM More reviews by katejw

ok we all love the smell...and the moisture..its awesome..i love it..buuuttttt could the body shop try and make it in a tube...for hygiene purposes..i would love it even more then. (after a friend was getting ready at my house the other night, i found her she had scooped a massive chunk out of my tub..which is just rude (it was a new tub so i could tell) and also a bit germy!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am totally addicted to the scent of Cocoa Butter! Just one whiff and I feel so calm and happy so you can't beat that. The body butters glide right on and are very moisturizing. I don't find this product greasy at all. I also have the Nut scent and Strawberry (available around valentines day) but like Cocoa Butter the best.
It is a little pricy for a tub but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

*sigh* What a guilty pleasure. It's expensive! I always use this for all over my body so I go through the tub pretty quickly. Moisturizes well, make my skin feel pampered. No complain, except for the price and the fragrance might not be pleasing for everyone. It smells like ice cream, my boy and my brother hate it =p

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Sendrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the butters I have tried this is the best I've used. I'm on my 2nd tub in under 2 months! I can't stop using it and my skin has never been so happy and pampered. My skin literally *drinks* this body butter.

It comes in a generous sized tub with an easy to open lid, unless you have butter on your hands then it can be a little tricky :). It smells like yummy, yummy cocoa and the texture is very much like, you've guessed it... butter. It goes on almost sensuously and is quickly absorbed into the skin leaving it instantly soft, supple, sexy and moisturized.

I like to apply it just after a warm shower, taking my time to make sure that every inch of my skin gets to benefit. I find that the smell is really calming and makes me feel relaxed and happy. I think that this is a product that I never want to be without. Highly recommend for those with dry to very dry skin but people with normal skin can benefit as well as it is not too heavy.