December 19, 2014 | 1475 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jg3net

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use this foundation for last few years and I used to love it. But recently I believe the formula has changed. I have bought new bottle of foundation and it is horrible. It doesn't blend well, settles in fine lines, looks dry and the worst - it looks extremely chalky. Before, this foundation had more smooth finish and now the finish reminds me of the mousse foundations - ends up looking chalky. Estee Lauder - please bring the old formula back!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MATCH EVERY SKIN TONE. Just a warning before you run out and grab this product. This product cakes like no other. It doesnt give that "flawless" look. it looks like youre wearing makeup. not "kinda", like ridiculously noticeable.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ameeeba3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! The coverage is absolutely flawless. You definetely have to work with it and find the best way to apply it, as it is quite thick and quick drying, but the result is just flawless. It works for my 12h shifts at work, and I only need to powder my T-zone a couple of times, as it gets oily no matter what I use, but the foundation stays in place all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ashley2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Medium coverage. A bit heavy looking for me. Like revlon colorstay better. Linen is a good match for my nc 20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by xrysaki

I keep coming back to this one. It is a full coverage foundation that lasts for at least 10 hours. I finally found my perfect NEW shade which is pure beige instead of pebble which was totally wrong on me and made me stray from it to clarins everlasting. Great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this product by a friend of mine who has similar textured skin as me (oily and prone to break outs). I was a bit skeptical because of the price, but I always noticed how nice my friend's skin looked and that's was initially made me try this product. This makeup stays ALL DAY. It doesn't melt off my face (and my face is super oily) and it doesn't make me break out even when I accidently fall asleep in it (though, I wouldn't recommend falling asleep in if you can avoid it).
This is very heavy coverage, and it definitely makes your face all one color, so I like to use blush and a contour color to make it look a little more natural. I think this works well in the day time as well as at night, but during the day (mostly in warmer months) it can feel heavy.
Overall, this is the best foundation I've ever tried and it's so much better than any Mac foundation (and we all know how expensive those are). I love this foundation and would defnitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by greenyshell

It was my parents silver wedding celebration. My family and i decided to hire a makeup artist for the party. She was using this foundation and my skin looked flawless i might say. It covered up all the blemishes and pimple scars perfectly. Still remember when she put it on it just felt so smooth. After that i bought it straight away and this is by far my holy grail foundation! The formula is just so smoonth it blends really well my skin! The only negative comment from me is just the packaging. But overall this foundation hands down the most amazing foundation that i've ever tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I do like good coverage on my skin. I have mild sun damage on my skin and this foundation covers it all. I do feel confident and never ever leave home without having my double wear on. Although it is a thick cover it looks very elegant and smooth on your face. It also lasts very long. One bottle lasts me about 1 1/2 months. And i use it every single day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily combination skin and this works really well for me. I have the lightest yellow based colour, 1W1 bone, and that fits me perfectly. It's easy to spread and covers well. I'd say it's medium to heavy coverage depending how many layers you'll add. Sometimes when my skin is dry-ish it tends to highlight dry areas more so it's not very good option for someone who has dry skin. Although it's a good foundation which i really like, it doesn't stay matte all day and needs powdering during the day. Also it doesn't make me break out. A huge plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish i could wear this because it covers and stays on so well but i have dry skin and i found that after a while it made my face feel realy tight and looked flaky.Also i had the lightest color and it was still a little to dark on me.My mom who has oliy skin also got this product and loved it . So if you have oliy skin i think it would work great if your dry stay away.