April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by coolrockgirl25

I bought this product thinking the quality would be as good as their Lift Undereye Concealer. This product did not work for me at all. I bought the No. 2 palette with the purple shade. The consistency is a bit hard to get onto a brush. It's not creamy at all and once I applied, it just kind of sat on my skin and was hard to blend. It did not cover my blemishes well at all. I will stick with LM's Secret Concealer for now and eventually try MUFE Full Cover. MUFE, you disappointed me on this one!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

mixed feelings over this product mainly because it darkens when set with powder so you cant really rely on the colour for face application. coverage is good but could be better for a product named "camouflage".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by blessed11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the No. 1 Palette and it does a decent job. The biggest pluses (is that word? haha) is that it's creamy without being oily and that it comes with 3 concealers and 2 correctors. It can get cakey though.
Still on my search for a HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

I am in love with this concealer palette!! NC20 here and I use palette No. 1. Definitely make sure to moisturize the undereye area very very well first else the product will appear very cakey. The peach concealer really is key to covering up my dark undereye circles, then when layered with the correct concealer color my eyes look bright and rested. This concealer really needs to be set with a powder (I use LM secret brightening powder) else it will disappear quickly. I really like the green concealer in here for the red around my nose and to put on top of any blemishes that need concealing. I also get the best results from this product when applying with my fingers. I just warm it up a tad and then tap and press into my skin. Also like the fact that the packaging is thin but sturdy because I keep this concealer in my purse. Definitely give this palette a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by leanne03

I just picked up the No. 1 palette - has 3 different shades of concealer - an orange and green corrector - use the orange under my eyes, the green for redness anywhere on my face - doesn't make my skin oily at all - goes on evenly and easily - great products :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by benndy

I have the No. 1 palette and I have to say it's didnt live up to my expectations. I guess it's a decent concealer product. The 5 different colors are nice to have to use for different purposes, whatever you may be covering. The problem I had with this was that it felt a little dry when I applied it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is often hard for middle eastern, asian and african skintones to find a perfect concealer match and these Makeup Forever palettes can provide that much needed coverage. There are 5 different palettes (light, medium, tan, dark and professional) and each palette contains 5 colors that can correct different areas of the face. In my palette there is one used for my undereye circles and another for slight discolorations below my ear. The other colors are put in there for folks who fall in the middle or have a spot that's extra dark or extra light. I, for instance, mix the two in the middle for my eyes if didn't get enough sleep and I need extra coverage there. I understand that the phrase "mix the colors" may be daunting but it's actually done very simply - put your concealer brush in a light color spreading it out over the darkened area. Next take your brush in the color that most closely matches your skin and put it on top of the lighter color, going slightly over the edges so that it blends in better to your natural skin. If your discolorations are simply one color and you can easily be matched, Makeup Forever creates singles of many of these palette colors so be sure to check those out as well! Unfortunately the color I love the most isn't available as a single, but I'm more than happy with the palette.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by itsanobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the No. 3 palette which has a reddish color that is great for covering under eye circles (the only thing I use concealer for, thankfully because this concealer does not work well for other parts of the face.. it ends up looking powdery) but I agree with other reviews that this is not a very heavy concealer, so the coverage isn't as good as I feel like it should be. I will use the rest of this just because I paid almost 40$ for it and it isn't a bad product but it is just strangely dry, even if I put lotion under my eyes first, it still looks cakey/powdery. I'll most likely be switching back to Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by 0xRiderx0

As a huge lover of Make Up For Ever I was really excited to try out this palette. Well first off I got my industry discount so the price was reasonable and the amount of product that came with it was great as well.
I found that after receiving the best palette for my skin tone I was able to mix colours to match my skin perfectly. The product I found worked the best when used with a concealer brush. No fingers because it moves the product around too much. Brush is definitely the way to go! Also you need to set the product with a powder, pressed or loose to prevent the product from fading or “disappearing”.
Overall though, I find it gives me great coverage and people always comment on my flawless skin (little do they know those dark circles without coverage are scary!). I’m definitely going to continue to purchase this until I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really good if you want a concealor with plenty of pigmentation without using too much. I also love the fact that its in a palette form, so I can either mix my colours or choose different tones to cover different areas of my face. I recommend this if you have dry skin as this has not made my skin crusty or flakey. I have this in 03, and apart from the last dark red coloured concealor, this is my HG and a musthave!