October 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Hudie

This stuff has a weird smell but you can get use to it I did anyway...I've only used it a couple of times on bites and things of that sort it works okay nothing I'd buy again though

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2003 12:58:00 PM More reviews by zouzou

I really love this ointment...works great on cuts and scrapes. Love the scent and the package is cute, too...I had no problem opening it, guess I got a good one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is completely wonderful - it smells like pure greens and it actually works. i have been a huge fan of burt's bees and received this ointment as a gift just recently. i had a scratch on my arm from my bratty cat (hehe) and this healed it in days (not weeks). i'm tempted to inflict various self injuries upon my self to test this ointment's performance ;) i'll edit this review as future injuries undergo the burt's bees res-q experiment :X continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 10:13:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For bruises, burns, scrapes and stings it says on the green tin. Amazing! I had a huge horrible bruise and I applied this stuff twice yesterday as the instructiuons say, and by today the bruise is almost gone! Weird! The ointment come in a tin (of course) and the smell is quite strong probably due to the nature of the ingredients (sweet almond oil, olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, Vitamin E, lavender oil, comfrey leaf and root extracts). But it really seems to work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hate the tin, love the product.

This stood up to 2 huge tests with "I can't believe it!" results.

First off, I have 3 cats. And they can be a bit... playful, reckless... okay INSANE (lol). One night I dozed off on the couch. My cats decided to play tag - chasing each other. Over my face. Yes - one jumped up and ran over me, the next followed suit... I woke up feeling a CLAW going down the side of my face as he ran over me. Those with cats know, that cat scratches DO leave scars. I freaked. I had a huge gash - a LONG huge gash right from the outer part of my eyebrow down my cheek to my lips. OMG was I... worried. I did not want to henceforth be known as "Scarface". Thanks to Burt's Bees, I have NOTHING... NARY a mark. And trust me, I have various scars from similar scratches on my arms, hands etc... I wish I had known about this stuff sooner. Aside from taking out the sting, when applied (somewhat frequently) I can honestly say this stuff completely prevented any scar from forming. And as I've said - I have tried everything from Neosporin to Coco Butter to Vitamin E on other catscratches, but this is the only one that actually did something to prevent any permanat damage. It also DID seem to heal quite a bit faster (and it was plenty 'deep'!)

Second test was rug burn. NO get your mind OUT of the gutter lol. I was cleaning the brass legs of my coffee table and when finished looked at my poor little knees. This stuff REALLY soothed the burn... I mean it felt completely 'normal' again - no sting! And again, healed very quick.

Definitely a product I would hope to 'avoid' using... but when life throws its curveballs, this is the stuff to grab to fix 'em! continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by amybean

I use this product the same as I would any body lotion (elbows, hands, knees, feet) because I love the smell so much. But as for the natural remedy aspect-- I put neosporin on my cuts & I'm afraid to use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont mind the greeness to the product or herbal smell. which to me is pleasent. I used it on paper cuts from work, scrapes and on some of the worst bruises ever. It helpped with my baseball size bruise and was a good barrier from the outside air to my cuts. Got this for my ex when we were dating, so he can use it when he was out in the field for the Army. I think he still buys it. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 6:52:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this smells! It's like stepping into the forest. Of course, I've never used it on bruises or anything--I don't really see how it could be effective, but I guess I should give it a try. Sort of useless IMO, but it smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2002 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The kids and I call this the green goop.Green goop has really helped out scrapes,bumps and cuts around this household-the bad thing?Trying to get the container open when your son is screaming after falling off his bike!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2002 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i always keep this around for bumps and bruises!

i gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because i hate the packaging. the little tin is so darn hard to open! i actually don't even close it all the way anymore, just so that i can open it in the future!