July 23, 2014 | 2240 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I found this product okay......the color is natural.....coverage is natural.....but i'm not sure if the quality is really consistence with the cost of it.......it almost give me the same look as my other powder but i gotta admitt no matter how much i use throughout the day.....it never gives me fine lines around my mouth or anywhere else like i use to at the end of the days.........but again...the packaging is really bad......... i think i'm not far from losing the plastic frame and having to make my own or something....also....it doesn't matify that well......so probably will try to look for something else when i'm done with this.......and you know in that price range you can almost have every options in the market.......UPDATE: color is too dark for me liked i'm tring to fake a tan.......coverage is not enough for my uneven skin tone...end up getting the double perfection compact at the end ...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ladymastro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE, LOVE this stuff. It goes on so light and sheer, and is the perfect "topper" for my Chanel TN foundation. It completely absorbs any excess oils and evens out my skin without making me look chalky. I have yellow skin tones and used to wear BB and MAC before, but this is my favorite of them all. HG :).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by saeal

An okay pressed powder. I bought this for about 15 dollars or so while on a planeride to Japan, but after checking its actual retail price no way I'm going to repurchase this. I use a powder brush to apply this and yet I can see where exactly I puffed! Color choices are fine, but the powder itself needs to be much finer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by KMcCallum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, Light, SHEER Powder!!!! I love this powder. It looks so natural and gives you a Healthy Skin Glow!!! It makes your skin look flawless without looking like you have a makeup-mask on! I bought it off of the Internet and it was pretty cheap compared to buying in the Dept. Store. Will buy it AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chakakhan

First of all, let me say that Chanel makes the best powders- and believe me I have tried pretty much all that is out there.... anyways, I got this powder in Limpide, which is a shade that is only available overseas. In the compact it is a white powder but when it is applied it goes on transluscent which i love. I hate powders that leave the skin looking gray and ashy orangey. This stuff brightens and blots oil as well. LOVE how it makes my pores disappear!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not much of a pressed powder expert but this is the worst of the 5 I have used. The packaging is so small and it is really dry somehow. I have used Rimmel, Clarins, Yves Rocher and Oriflame pressed powders. Small amount, expensive and not good not so silky and nice as the other ones. I was mostly disappointed with the packaging. Clarins one was really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by JJ_UWO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how light the powder is.it makes me look like I dont have any powder on me, yet it makes my skin even toned. Just dont like the puff comes with it and the plastic seperator. For price like this, I think they should offer better packaging. Overall, I think i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I am on my third compact of this powder. I have it in Clair 20 and I really like it. I alternately use a bunch of different brands of powder, but I came back to this one because it sets my makeup, looks natural, and doesn't make me break out at all. When I use it after my concealer I use a brush, if I use the puff it looks too powdery. When I carry it in my purse for touch ups I don't like how the puff is separated by only a thin clear plastic thing- i wish it was an actual plastic separator. Oh well. But overall I like the powder. My Dad got me a bunch of these so I will be using it for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the search for a good powder since most tend to break me out (sensitive, combination skin).
I bought this in 30 Naturel and is the perfect match for my slightly self-tanned summer skin. The finish is soft and natural and with a bit of concelaer creates a flawless compexion.
However, it does tend to dry my skin out and even with a thick moisturiser underneath, my skin feels a bit uncomfortable. Hope this doesn't break me out either. I'll be updating if I get any reactions.
So far: Perfect finish but a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my purse for during the day and evening for touch ups. I ude the DPC powder foundation in Light Beige to set my foundation in the morning. I also use the DPC when on my bare face without foundation.

Back to this powder-translucent #2 is a great match for my NC 30/Stila 40 W skin.

Finely milled product and lovely on the skin. The puff is kind of bad but oh well.

My HG powder