April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chakakhan

First of all, let me say that Chanel makes the best powders- and believe me I have tried pretty much all that is out there.... anyways, I got this powder in Limpide, which is a shade that is only available overseas. In the compact it is a white powder but when it is applied it goes on transluscent which i love. I hate powders that leave the skin looking gray and ashy orangey. This stuff brightens and blots oil as well. LOVE how it makes my pores disappear!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not much of a pressed powder expert but this is the worst of the 5 I have used. The packaging is so small and it is really dry somehow. I have used Rimmel, Clarins, Yves Rocher and Oriflame pressed powders. Small amount, expensive and not good not so silky and nice as the other ones. I was mostly disappointed with the packaging. Clarins one was really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by JJ_UWO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how light the powder is.it makes me look like I dont have any powder on me, yet it makes my skin even toned. Just dont like the puff comes with it and the plastic seperator. For price like this, I think they should offer better packaging. Overall, I think i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I am on my third compact of this powder. I have it in Clair 20 and I really like it. I alternately use a bunch of different brands of powder, but I came back to this one because it sets my makeup, looks natural, and doesn't make me break out at all. When I use it after my concealer I use a brush, if I use the puff it looks too powdery. When I carry it in my purse for touch ups I don't like how the puff is separated by only a thin clear plastic thing- i wish it was an actual plastic separator. Oh well. But overall I like the powder. My Dad got me a bunch of these so I will be using it for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the search for a good powder since most tend to break me out (sensitive, combination skin).
I bought this in 30 Naturel and is the perfect match for my slightly self-tanned summer skin. The finish is soft and natural and with a bit of concelaer creates a flawless compexion.
However, it does tend to dry my skin out and even with a thick moisturiser underneath, my skin feels a bit uncomfortable. Hope this doesn't break me out either. I'll be updating if I get any reactions.
So far: Perfect finish but a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my purse for during the day and evening for touch ups. I ude the DPC powder foundation in Light Beige to set my foundation in the morning. I also use the DPC when on my bare face without foundation.

Back to this powder-translucent #2 is a great match for my NC 30/Stila 40 W skin.

Finely milled product and lovely on the skin. The puff is kind of bad but oh well.

My HG powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 6:05:00 AM More reviews by ravenshimmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! A pressed powder that does not cake! This stuff is great. The colors are nice and the powder is so nice on - doesn't cake, build up too much or anything I've always hated about pressed powders. Just makes my skin look matte and super smooth. Even makes pores look smaller. Perfect to keep in my bag when I'm on the go and need an occasional touch up. The compact is very plain and classy - black with the Chanel logo. Will definitely keep using Chanel because my Bobbi Brown pressed powder is a joke compared to this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by DragonFlyy

I had to return it. I really wanted to like it but it dried my combo skin out and I applied it lightly, with a brush. I hated how old and wrinkly it made my skin look (I'm in my twenties). The shade was beautiful (translucent sun) but the powder kept settling into my pores and it was obvious on my face. I'm very disappointed with it, I guess I expected so much more from Chanel and for $46.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by julie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased this powder, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I had been recommeded to buy this by several other MUA members, thankfully I listened.

This powder is fantastic, its not to heavy like some powders and sits really nicely on my pale skin. It looks beautfiful, unlike many other powders that are too heavy and have that chalk like apperance. I was using Lancome, but thankfully I changed. This powder really sets my foundation off nicely.

The packaging is nothing special, classic black chanel. I wasnt to impressed with the powder puff that was included, but that can easily be replaced.

Overall this product is the best powder I have purchased, it will last a long time, so I guess I can justify spending $42 on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by amalata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. They discontinued the darkest one (#4) and the loose is nothing like it. I have 2 left that I bought on ebay. This is really great powder. My skins looks flawless.