December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never been quite so amazed with a shampoo before as I have with Garnier's formula for dry and damaged hair. The scent is nice, but very light - a faint citrus scent with a hint of apple. The really wonderful thing about this product, however, is that its claims actually seem to be true! On the bottle, it states that hair will become up to 5 times healthier and stronger with repeated use. The first time I used it, in conjunction with the conditioner, I was very pleased with how wonderfully soft and smooth my hair felt and looked. I used it for a month after, and I can't imagine using another shampoo anytime soon! My hair has never felt so silky - and this is quite a feat for someone with dry hair that goes through constant heat styling. Medications have also made my hair very brittle, and this shampoo has really help to combat, and in fact, reverse that particular effect. My hair is finally in excellent condition, and I really feel it's owed in great part to this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2003 9:01:00 AM More reviews by shangrilalea

i found this shampoo to be amazing for my long, straight black hair. the first time i used it, it seemed just like your basic shampoo, but by the 3rd or 4th time i used it, my hair was visibly shinier and silkier. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner and i must say that my hair smells good all day. i'm actually on my second bottle now and still loving it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2003 1:49:00 AM More reviews by GiaTse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo sucks. It made my hair and my mom's look really dull and dry.

Her hair is usually shiny and soft. Mine is a diffrent story but it made my hair feel like straw.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Madisonrocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo was horrible for me. It left my hair VERY dry and dull.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (and the conditioner, for which I will post an identical review as I used them together) after reading about the raves on the boards. This product absolutely did not work for me. I had been using Dove shampoo and conditioner but wanted to try the Garnier. The first day, it was fine. Not as good as Dove, but fine. Every day since then - oh my gosh! I have never had my hair look so dry, lifeless and just plain yuck. After drying my hair, I was so shocked at the texture and how it looked, I actually thought I had perhaps put in the wrong styling products (liked grabbed a wrong bottle and put some non-hair product in my hair), I mean it was THAT awful. The next day, made absolutely sure I put the right hair stuff in and my hair still dried disgusting. I cannot explain how dry and yucky my hair looked. I went back to Dove and it looks good again. Scary!