September 17, 2014 | 1780 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by HY210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Oh my gosh golly...I started having acne since the 5th grade and have never been near acne free until now! I'm on night 3 and my pimples (and were there's tons on my forehead) are almost completely flat.
Cons: The roller ball can get bacteria inside, but I do cleanse before I use this so it should be alright. The smell stings my eyes, but at least it only lasts for about 10 seconds. I would have liked it to diminish the scars a bit but oh well.
I'd buy it again because of what it does for my appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by JeansOnAPlane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way this works! When I have a really bad breakout, I use this as a spot treatment a couple of times a day and it's gone in no time! I even had a really bad cystic pimple I was trying to get rid of... tried this and it worked fabulously. The only things I don't like about this product are the smell and the roller ball (it allows gunk to get into the tube...yuck)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by peace396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff smells awful! It's my 4th evening of using it and so far I'm really not impressed. Even if I could get past the smell of licorice and medicine I'm not sure this would help anything. It burns which is normal I suppose because of the natural oils that form alcohol and the other essential oils, but all it really does for me is leave me greasy and break me out a bit more.

The roller-ball applicator is not a favorite of mine either, I pried the top off and pitched it and am using the q-tip method of application because the last thing I need on my skin is to keep spreading the same bacteria around and around my face.

I'm sure I'll keep it around for the really tough cystic blemishes, but as an everyday blemish treatment, not so much.

**UPDATE** 9/5/09

I pitched this stuff in the garbage. It just broke me out worse. I started using benadryl itch gel which contains camphor and almost overnight my blemishes disappeared so I'm content. Don't waste your money on this product, it's a bust.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

My mom picked this up for me at Shoppers because she knows how much I love Burt's Bees and that my skin had been breaking out pretty badly for a little while. I find this product to be...Interesting, but it works pretty well!

I don't mind the medicinal smell; I find it clean - like it's going to kill all the bacteria in my problem areas, which is what you want in a spot treatment. The first few times I used it I had trouble actually getting the product out and onto my skin - I guess the roller was a little bit stuck?

After I managed to get the product onto my skin it stung a bit but I didn't mind at all because I noticed it didn't dry my skin out or make it flaky.

For some strange reason I find this isn't effective during the day (possibly because I wear makeup over it and my skin is super ridiculous) but it's great to dot on before you hop in bed! It really takes away redness and diminishes the size of the offending pimple, even if it doesn't completely get rid of it.

Over all, I find this to work pretty well, but not as well as some of the other spot treatments I've used that were cheaper. I'm sort of on the fence over whether or not I'd buy it again because it was a bit expensive and is getting used up pretty quickly, so unfortunately I'll say no on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by breadfruity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like Burt's Bees, and I like the smell of the blemish stick. It has worked in the past but nothing miraculous. I've had two blemishes for about the past two weeks and have been applying the blemish stick religiously. Sadly it hasn't worked. I still like the product, if only for the smell, but it doesn't work very well for me. I honestly hate giving this item a bad review because I love love love Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by alixh08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom picked this up for me a couple years ago when my acne was really bad. I used it but only got to like half the bottle before it got all junk-filled, so I stopped using it. After I had a few more breakouts than usual a couple weeks ago, I picked this up again since I've never really found a spot treatment I've loved. This is now my HG. I absolutely adore it. It does smell a bit medicinal-y as others say, but that doesn't bother me. Plus, once you have it on your face, you can't smell it anymore. I love that it's a liquid and is clear. This is the absolute only spot treatment I can wear under makeup that goes on smooth and doesn't make my makeup look weird or cakey in that area. I like the idea how other people take the roller ball out and dip a Q-tip into it, but I travel a lot, so I was worried about it leaking, and I didn't want to make a mess putting it into another bottle, so I use it with the roller ball. It's not the most sanitary thing, but that hasn't hindered it's performance, imo. I am extremely careful with it though. I only put it on my skin after cleansing so there's no dirt or makeup or anything that it can pick up and make the liquid all junky. It doesn't dry me out at all, which I love. I usually spread it over some trouble areas for to prevent breakouts, and that works fine. It's a little more expensive (about $8 at WalMart), but it is absolutely worth it. And even though I use this morning and night, I don't seem to be going through the bottle very fast at all. I will definitely repurchase this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this before consulting makeupalley reviews, which in this case may be a good thing - the reviews here are generally low enough to keep me away. But for me (I have occasional breakouts that are more like small bumps under the skin, they almost never come to a head but can last a long time) this works great! Just a few dabs a day on any small spot, and not only does it take the swelling down very quickly, it is completely healed within a couple of days instead of 1-2 weeks. I don't mind the smell, and the applicator is great - it helps keep the treatment concentrated right on the spot, and prevents me from overtreating the whole area. Maybe this is not the best choice for moderate or severe acne, but if you have under-the-skin bumps that normally last a long time, this definitely helps get things under control quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by elepop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's easy to use and it works. Just apply a bit on a pimple and the next day, it already feels less bumpy! The down side would be the smell. It has a heavy licorice smell which I don't like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lifeissweet212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this, it really helps reduce my occasional zit. Because i have clear skin 99% of the time this lasts a while for me. I actually like the small... its sort of tea tree oil citrusy eucalyptusy, which makes sense because they are 3 of the indgredients in this. I like how it stings a little because i like to feel it working. if you have a lot of problem spots this could get pricey, so some people below me i suggest using it mainly for the ones you need to get rid of quickly. the only thing i dont really like is that if you tip it upside down to put it on a LOT comes out, like whole drops rolling down my face, so the packaging could be better. but i think its a real bonus that theyre natural ingredients so youre not absorbing chemicals into your skin and its animal testing free!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! this stuff REALLY works! im amazed. i had low expectations after trying so many acne products in the past, however i think the tea tree oil really helps. id never tried it before. i love that its all organic and not tested on animals. and i also love that its not some super expensive high-end product, and that i can find it locally at walgreens. LOVE it. it fixed my zits overnight. will repurchase! (i dont mind the scent only because it works!)