January 31, 2015 | 2173 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This Product is simply amazing. I'm prone to painful cysts. This has kept my skin under control. Its also brightened my skin and helped clear scarring from past break-outs. My skin is now more even and clear!!! Its worth every penny to me. Ive tried drugstore treatments, pro-activ and NOTHING has worked for me like this blemish stick. Its a miracle treatment and 100% natural! It is a staple in my daily skin routine. You have to try this. It tends to dry skin out a bit so I use clinique moistutre surge after I treat my skin morning and at night. Works wonders for me, hope it works for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been plagued with monstrous neck cysts for as long as I can remember. Even though my facial skin is clear most of the time (with the exception of mild rosacea outbreaks), I'm STILL constantly battling these neck cysts. I'm pretty certain they're hormonal and they sometimes last for months on end. I've passed this product in Wal-mart lots of times, read the ingredient list and set it back down. I didn't think it would be very beneficial since I've tried loads of salicylic acid-based products with unimpressive results, but I was at my wit's end and decided to just try it. I'm SO glad I did. This is the best blemish treatment I've EVER tried. I put this on the first night and by the next morning, 2 of my cysts (that had been hanging around for about 4 months already) had come to a head! I couldn't believe it. Every time I feel a blemish coming, I use this right on the spot and it actually stops it in its tracks. I haven't had a new blemish ever since I started using this last month! That's amazing for my skin. It burns at first and it has a weird anise candy smell, but with these results, it could smell like dog poo and I'd still use it on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Sweetmeli

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick is amazing. I've been looking for a cure to my forehead acne for ages. I was at my local drug store when I saw the last one of the shelf. I didn't know if it worked so I didn't buy it. I went home to search up some reviews and they were mostly positive. I went back to the store to pick it up, and someone had already bought it. A little while after, I went to the States to do some shopping, I stopped by target and saw some Burt's Bees products for sale [not -on- sale]. They had this stuff so I quickly bought one. I used it 3 times a day and it does sting a bit if you pop your pimples and stuff. It works WONDERS. It smells a bit funny and herbal, but you'll get used to it. Use it as often as you want, the more frequently, the better. I'm sooo glad I discovered this product because it's saved my life.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by onlyonecatch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought this product worked really well for treating cystic acne -- even ones that already have been picked at (warning - this burns quite a bit). I've even used it as a preventative measure when I felt one that hadn't quite formed yet, and after a one or two treatments, it never did. It has a strong herbal smell, but you get used to it, and it fades after a few minutes anyway. The major downfall is that the roller ball applicator isn't very hygienic, but I always apply to clean and dry skin to help minimize contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Isis824

I bought this after a coworker raved about this and how she always had to have it on hand. I must say that I'm amazed at how well this product works. There are very mixed reviews on this one and some of them are not the greatest but this one works for me rather well. I have extremely sensitive skin and this did not irritate it one bit. It also did not have a drying effect. I don't care much for the smell but I'll deal with it knowing a blemish has vanished in 2 days or 3 days tops =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works!! The rolling ball can be a problem after it made contact with something/anything. I did not repurchase though, and never will. It works great, but I'm sticking to Dessert Essence 100% Tea Tree Oil (I've put up a review for it).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by HY210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Oh my gosh golly...I started having acne since the 5th grade and have never been near acne free until now! I'm on night 3 and my pimples (and were there's tons on my forehead) are almost completely flat.
Cons: The roller ball can get bacteria inside, but I do cleanse before I use this so it should be alright. The smell stings my eyes, but at least it only lasts for about 10 seconds. I would have liked it to diminish the scars a bit but oh well.
I'd buy it again because of what it does for my appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by JeansOnAPlane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way this works! When I have a really bad breakout, I use this as a spot treatment a couple of times a day and it's gone in no time! I even had a really bad cystic pimple I was trying to get rid of... tried this and it worked fabulously. The only things I don't like about this product are the smell and the roller ball (it allows gunk to get into the tube...yuck)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by peace396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff smells awful! It's my 4th evening of using it and so far I'm really not impressed. Even if I could get past the smell of licorice and medicine I'm not sure this would help anything. It burns which is normal I suppose because of the natural oils that form alcohol and the other essential oils, but all it really does for me is leave me greasy and break me out a bit more.

The roller-ball applicator is not a favorite of mine either, I pried the top off and pitched it and am using the q-tip method of application because the last thing I need on my skin is to keep spreading the same bacteria around and around my face.

I'm sure I'll keep it around for the really tough cystic blemishes, but as an everyday blemish treatment, not so much.

**UPDATE** 9/5/09

I pitched this stuff in the garbage. It just broke me out worse. I started using benadryl itch gel which contains camphor and almost overnight my blemishes disappeared so I'm content. Don't waste your money on this product, it's a bust.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

My mom picked this up for me at Shoppers because she knows how much I love Burt's Bees and that my skin had been breaking out pretty badly for a little while. I find this product to be...Interesting, but it works pretty well!

I don't mind the medicinal smell; I find it clean - like it's going to kill all the bacteria in my problem areas, which is what you want in a spot treatment. The first few times I used it I had trouble actually getting the product out and onto my skin - I guess the roller was a little bit stuck?

After I managed to get the product onto my skin it stung a bit but I didn't mind at all because I noticed it didn't dry my skin out or make it flaky.

For some strange reason I find this isn't effective during the day (possibly because I wear makeup over it and my skin is super ridiculous) but it's great to dot on before you hop in bed! It really takes away redness and diminishes the size of the offending pimple, even if it doesn't completely get rid of it.

Over all, I find this to work pretty well, but not as well as some of the other spot treatments I've used that were cheaper. I'm sort of on the fence over whether or not I'd buy it again because it was a bit expensive and is getting used up pretty quickly, so unfortunately I'll say no on this one.