The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/27/2003 6:57:00 PM

Gets rid of chapped lips and smells like a dream (grapeseed). One drawback is that the "butter" doesn't completely "melt", so you're left with tiny hard bits to wipe away. Won't work as a gloss - I only recommend it for healing dryness. UPDATE: I'm trying the Nut butter now and it doesn't have the little waxy its, so I much prefer it to the grapeseed. Great product.

on 6/27/2003 6:31:00 PM

Sigh, sigh sigh. I wanted desperately to love this. In fact, although I hated it, I kept it. I bought this in Nut, Shea, and Papaya. They dried my lips out completely. It's a good thing I had an unused perfume from the Body Shop (they let me exchange for the lip butters) because I certainly would not pay solid cash for this, not even if it were $3.
Lip Butters will dry out your lips, guaranteed. On the other hand, they will tempt your nose with delicious flavor, in the end making you keep them. Dear Body Shop, please reformulate this. I will willingly repurchase. continued >>

on 6/22/2003 12:39:00 AM

I like this stuff, not my favorite but I like it...this was a gift to me so I'm using it...I have the coconut lip butter which of course has a nice coconut scent sort of smells like a suntan lotion, it has a rich creamy texture which I like because it makes my lips nice and soft..I smudge my lips together a lot when I have any type of lip stuff on so it doesn't really have a lasting effect but I like it

on 6/15/2003 10:30:00 AM

i have it in a lime-green package grape seed flavoured. i only bought it because of the smell (heavenly), and i like the texture as well, but it is really uncomfortable to get out of the package when you have nails :/ :P

on 6/8/2003 1:57:00 PM

This stuff has a HORRIBLE texture. I have it in Coconut.. and bought it w/o trying it on b/c I adore the body butters. Bad idea. This stuff is sort of crunchy and rough. YOu have to spread it on your lips well and sort of mush it in to get it to be smooth. TOO MUCH WORK FOR A LIP GLOSS/BUTTER, WHATEVER. :(

on 6/4/2003 4:10:00 AM

i have this in mango and grapeseed, and oh i love this! it may not last long, i concede, and yes, it does not exactly moisturise my lips... but given its LOVELY taste, so yummy! i will definitely repurchase. and given its relatively low price, i wouldnt mind reapplying again and again! it is just a pleasure to wear, not waxy, but smooth and tasty tasty tasty!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I only have one, and I love it! I have this in Shea, which smells like yellow cupcakes - It's a rich, creamy, and incredibly moisturizing treatment, which makes my lips softer than many of the balms I own! I will definitely try more of these (I have my eye on Grapeseed), and repurchase the one I have again and again. :) :D

on 6/3/2003 5:58:00 PM

C'MON PEOPLE! Where's the TBS love here? This is a WONDERFUL product, and I think it does a GREAT job...someone once said it MELTS right into your lips and they weren't kiddin' Now ya don't need to go crazy here, a little bit goes a long way. So stick that cute little pinky right in there and getcha a SMALL amount, put it on, watch it melt away, and enjoy the creamy sweet frosting-like frangrance and flavor. I was all worried it wasn't flavored, but it is, at least to me. I enjoy it. I agree also that it should be used before bed, that's usually when I use mine, OR I'll put a little on after I get out of the shower and leave it until I go to put lipstick on. You didn't really need to know all that right? I mean, you just came here trying to find out whether or not you should shell out the $6 for the thing, and here I am going on and on and on....so stop rolling your eyes at my nonsense, and just go getcha some. I like it, I think you will too. If ya don't, then give it to me.

on 6/2/2003 7:19:00 PM

I feel like I just rubbed a stick of butter across my lips. However, it is a good nighttime lip balm.
But for daytime, it's useless.

on 5/16/2003 3:12:00 PM

LOVE THIS LOVE THIS! I am a total lip product fanatic...so when my roomate(who is a manager there)brought this stuff home the day they got it...i fell in love. I always wear TBS Lip Butter in Shea-great cupcake smell and taste...ultra moisturizing too....i've got my eye on mango!

Popular Lip Treatments