April 19, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2003 1:57:00 PM More reviews by megzmegz

This stuff has a HORRIBLE texture. I have it in Coconut.. and bought it w/o trying it on b/c I adore the body butters. Bad idea. This stuff is sort of crunchy and rough. YOu have to spread it on your lips well and sort of mush it in to get it to be smooth. TOO MUCH WORK FOR A LIP GLOSS/BUTTER, WHATEVER. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 4:10:00 AM More reviews by islande

i have this in mango and grapeseed, and oh i love this! it may not last long, i concede, and yes, it does not exactly moisturise my lips... but given its LOVELY taste, so yummy! i will definitely repurchase. and given its relatively low price, i wouldnt mind reapplying again and again! it is just a pleasure to wear, not waxy, but smooth and tasty tasty tasty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 2:17:00 AM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only have one, and I love it! I have this in Shea, which smells like yellow cupcakes - It's a rich, creamy, and incredibly moisturizing treatment, which makes my lips softer than many of the balms I own! I will definitely try more of these (I have my eye on Grapeseed), and repurchase the one I have again and again. :) :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 5:58:00 PM More reviews by magicmarti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

C'MON PEOPLE! Where's the TBS love here? This is a WONDERFUL product, and I think it does a GREAT job...someone once said it MELTS right into your lips and they weren't kiddin' Now ya don't need to go crazy here, a little bit goes a long way. So stick that cute little pinky right in there and getcha a SMALL amount, put it on, watch it melt away, and enjoy the creamy sweet frosting-like frangrance and flavor. I was all worried it wasn't flavored, but it is, at least to me. I enjoy it. I agree also that it should be used before bed, that's usually when I use mine, OR I'll put a little on after I get out of the shower and leave it until I go to put lipstick on. You didn't really need to know all that right? I mean, you just came here trying to find out whether or not you should shell out the $6 for the thing, and here I am going on and on and on....so stop rolling your eyes at my nonsense, and just go getcha some. I like it, I think you will too. If ya don't, then give it to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like I just rubbed a stick of butter across my lips. However, it is a good nighttime lip balm.
But for daytime, it's useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lilmeggers09

LOVE THIS LOVE THIS! I am a total lip product fanatic...so when my roomate(who is a manager there)brought this stuff home the day they got it...i fell in love. I always wear TBS Lip Butter in Shea-great cupcake smell and taste...ultra moisturizing too....i've got my eye on mango!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2003 12:20:00 AM More reviews by loupdeloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found these to be oily, grainy, and not very moisturizing. Dissapointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Desigirl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really liked this lip balm.. the smell is not obnoxious ( as it is with some TBS products and its very emollient. I wear this under my glossimers and it doesn't interfere with the coverage. since the coverage is just slighlty shiny, i'm happy to finally see a balm that isn't greasy and doesnt give me shine overload.
I bought it at a 3-for-$12 sale. The only thing i didnt like about it was that it occasionally (very occationally) a little gritty. i'm chalking that up to the fact that i'm using the Nut Lip Butter and that it may have some ground nuts in it. Overall its a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2003 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I actually like these lip butters a lot. I generally use them at night right before I go to bed, and I've been waking to nice, soft lips with no chapping (a problem I often have), ready for lipstick. The packaging is totally cute, and I think they smell really good. I bought Grapeseed, Nut, and Coconut; I have not tried the coconut yet, but I like both of the other two scents a lot.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 4:11:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I was expecting the lip butters to have similar consistency as the body butters. The lip butters are a thicker consistency and when applied to my lips, it felt extremely waxy and didn't absorb at all. I was expecting so much more from this product.