December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Taliera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Better than the Chanel concealers - even the one that's been formulated for under-eye! I was given a hard-sell by a lady at the Clinique Counter, but stuck to my guns thinking "there's no point spending lots of money on an expensive product that doesn't work" - and left. Then to the Estee Lauder counter. Well, I've bought a few products from them and am generally very satisfied. Double Wear concealer DOES THE JOB and LOOKS AND FEELS like you're WEARING NO CONCEALER!! It does require a bit of work though... patting and smoothing so that it properly covers those dark circles... but after layering it 3 times I'd say AT LEAST 80% of the DARKNESS DISAPPEARD. Not perfect - but it still makes a dramatic difference. One last thing: I don't find it too dry (but that is probably because I am naturally oily under my eyes) however it makes milia stand out just a tiny bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is great for covering up my undereye circles, pigmentation, and some kinds of acne spots/discoloration. Because it is a liquid, I find it to be less than ideal for pinpoint concealing or for large blemishes (I prefer a thicker/waxier cream concealer for those issues). My skin is combination, and although I haven't had problems with it running on my fairly oily t-zone, it will crease and emphasize lines/pores if my skin is dry. If I use a moisturizer beforehand I never have a problem with it settling into lines or pores even after hours of wear.

Wears well with multiple products, Estee Lauder as well as other brands I use. Wears well over moisturizer, sunblock, and liquid foundation and well under liquid and powder foundation. Would not recommend attempting to apply multiple layers, as it gets thick, goopy, and changes color. Color doesn't oxidize on my skin. Long wearing (10+ hours). Applies well with fingers and brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Perfect under eye concealer and for blemishes! Stays put all day and night! You would probably have to use a color corrector under this if your under eye area is very very dark! But great concealer! Holy Grail for me!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by crystalq15

this product actually didnt work for me. it applies nicely and dries great but it flakes off and creases terribly under my eyes and on trouble spots. not much different than a drug store concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seeing as I have worn Estee Lauder DW foundation for years I would think the concealer was just as effective, It's nice for under the eyes but on pimples throughout the day the coverage slides away and moves around which was very disappointing, as well as forming into lines which looks awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Tynerrific

I've been using this concealer for 10 years now. It works so well for me but occasionally I'll get swayed to try another brand. I find myself always returning to it. Light 01 works so well with my hard to match skin tone (neutral undertones with redness and acne scars).

I have found a few ways to combat the few negative aspects. When put under my eyes, it will crease unless I set it with a translucent powder. Applying before your facial moisturizer completely sets will help with the thickness. I even use it as a foundation in that way. Slap on moisturizer, apply concealer where I need it, and pat to blend. This is a great product. And I've tried so damn many. Runner up would be Makeup Forever but can't seem to find the right shade.

Also, my skin is fairly oily. Other concealers/foundations tend to slide off with oil. Not this though- it's like the oil comes through and the concealer sticks- I can even use oil-blotting sheets and the concealer stays.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by emilybronte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of my Bobbi brown concealer and used on top of the Bobbi brown eye cream and peach corrector.
I have fair skin and really dark under eye circles so did not expect the perfect coverage but this concealer under eye is DRY DRY DRY ,no matter how much eye cream i use. Besides it makes lines more noticeable. Before this, people would ask me about the darkness ,now about the darkness plus the dryness, which is so depressing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by leuska

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a love and hate relationship with this concealer. First, the pros of this product are the lasting-power (a good amount of 7-8 hours) and the fact that once it sets it doesn't tend to budge. On the other hand, the coverage is medium at best, it clings into any dryness underneath the eyes (or on the face) and when it sets it tends to turn quite orange. The turning orange part particularly bothers me because I'm lighter than NC15 (probably a NC10/05 if mac would make that shade :D) and even though the lightest colour isn't very off, I end up having orange pathes on my skin once it dries and it's really not attractive (and impossible to blend out once it sets).
So overall, even though this could work for someone with darker skin I definitely won't repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pale skinned with cool undertones and the lightest of shades, light 01, is too yellowish for me during winter, in the summer it's usable, but not perfect. I don't recommend this for using under eye area because it sort of makes it dry (maybe it's because of the "long-lasting" formula) and lines more noticeable. However, it is okay for other areas, but the dryness effect will always be there. The coverage isn't great, I expected it to be better for the price. The lasting power is decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great concealer this is for me! I am NC15 and the Extra Light is a perfect match. I got this because my beloved Clinique Airbrush Concealer no longer offers enough coverage for my undereye circles. The formula of this stuff is fantastic - once it sets it doesn't budge all day. It does set fast so work quickly. I use this for undereye circles only and it doesn't settle in lines at all. I like that it contains some sunscreen as well. Perfect!