October 1, 2014 | 1054 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Supergirl17

I love this conditioner!
I've been using it for about a week, and my hair feels smoother and looks shinier! My ends still look a bit frizzy, but they were razored and i'm growing them out now, so thats the culprit. This is the best "natural" conditioner i've ever use, and I will be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by alegnagogo

Great slip, moisturzing, and smells good. Not my favorite, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by gloriagloria

I just got done writing a review for the matching poo. I love Smooth as Silk. It has become my HG's. It leaves my thin/fine/dry hair silky soft and smooth and it doesnt weigh it down! I will definately repurchase. Giovanni is the best! Whole Foods $7-$8? Not bad at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I really liked this at first but it eventually stopped working the same. I use it now and then still, but its no longer my favorite.

Loving this conditioner. It leaves my hair shiny, light and smooth...no frizzies or fly aways. My hair has been in such good condition using this and the other Giovanni products. My scalp has even calmed down. I guess my hair never liked the SLS and cone based stuff and I just never knew it! Wish I would have tried it a long time ago. Looking forward to trying to other Giovanni shampoos and conditioners now too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's been more then a year I'm using this conditioner and it's just perfect for my very dry hair. It leaves it shiny and easy to comb and it's very gentle for my scalp. Will definitely repurchased it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner it detangles my hair great and leaves it super shiney and fluffy. It doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all and it rinses clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 4:49:00 AM More reviews by salmueras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I buy it in bulk at my HFS and use it alone, with no shampoo first. I actually use it as one might if one were using a shampoo, and it works well to both clean and condition my hair. For reference, I have long permed hair, and it is (duh) prone to dryness and frizzing. I also use this as a leave in conditioner mixed with a little of the Giovanni LA Gel. Simple and it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yoohoo422

I have to say that when I first started using this product I didn't think it was moisturizing enough...I didn't think it made my hair feel soft or silky or anything. But since I sort of force myself to use what I buy, I continued to use it. I have to say that I think I was just too used to cones and sulfates...because my hair seems to be enjoying the Giovanni Product line more and more. My favorite thing is how easily it rinses compared to other conditioners I have! Great for my 10 y.o. daughter who doesn't rinse her hair for very long!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by shammalammadingdong

Definitely my HG conditioner! I have been using this for 2 years and will keep using it. My hair is in pretty good shape - not too damaged, just a bit frizzy. This conditioner leaves my hair sooooo soft, smooth and shiny. In the past, I would have to blow-dry my hair to avoid being stuck with a fuzzy mess on my head, but with this I stay smooth and mostly frizz-less even if I let my hair air-dry. I think that it's the perfect conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't a fan of this. I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and have tried this conditioner, the Tea Tree conditioner and the 50/50 Balanced conditioners, and this works much less well than the other two. It makes my hair slightly stiff and puffy, while 50/50 Balanced and even Tea Tree leave it extremely silky and smooth. It was odd to me how this stacked up. Anyway, just my experience. FYI, I have long, very thick straight natural hair in need of smoothing and taming. This wasn't heavy enough for me, but I use the other two in rotation because I love them.