April 17, 2014 | 1784 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner it detangles my hair great and leaves it super shiney and fluffy. It doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all and it rinses clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 4:49:00 AM More reviews by salmueras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I buy it in bulk at my HFS and use it alone, with no shampoo first. I actually use it as one might if one were using a shampoo, and it works well to both clean and condition my hair. For reference, I have long permed hair, and it is (duh) prone to dryness and frizzing. I also use this as a leave in conditioner mixed with a little of the Giovanni LA Gel. Simple and it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yoohoo422

I have to say that when I first started using this product I didn't think it was moisturizing enough...I didn't think it made my hair feel soft or silky or anything. But since I sort of force myself to use what I buy, I continued to use it. I have to say that I think I was just too used to cones and sulfates...because my hair seems to be enjoying the Giovanni Product line more and more. My favorite thing is how easily it rinses compared to other conditioners I have! Great for my 10 y.o. daughter who doesn't rinse her hair for very long!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by shammalammadingdong

Definitely my HG conditioner! I have been using this for 2 years and will keep using it. My hair is in pretty good shape - not too damaged, just a bit frizzy. This conditioner leaves my hair sooooo soft, smooth and shiny. In the past, I would have to blow-dry my hair to avoid being stuck with a fuzzy mess on my head, but with this I stay smooth and mostly frizz-less even if I let my hair air-dry. I think that it's the perfect conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't a fan of this. I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and have tried this conditioner, the Tea Tree conditioner and the 50/50 Balanced conditioners, and this works much less well than the other two. It makes my hair slightly stiff and puffy, while 50/50 Balanced and even Tea Tree leave it extremely silky and smooth. It was odd to me how this stacked up. Anyway, just my experience. FYI, I have long, very thick straight natural hair in need of smoothing and taming. This wasn't heavy enough for me, but I use the other two in rotation because I love them.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this conditioner along with the coordinating shampoo and I am loving it. It is not too heavy so it does not weigh my fine/straight hair down. I use it all over from roots to tips with extra on the tips. It keeps the static and flyaways at bay. EDIT: I believe this stuff started making my back break out so had to take off some lippies. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I love best about this conditioner is that I can use it, from roots to tips, AND I can skip washing the next day -- and I have oily hair! I use it with the Triple Treat shampoo. I was surprised that I could go a day without washing. But it didn't leave my hair too dry the first day or anything. The only thing I hate about it is the smell reminds me of dog shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by courty

I'm so pleased with this conditioner! I have fine but wavy and sometimes frizzy hair. Right now, I'm living in an apartment with extremely bad water pressure, so I hadn't used conditioner in months because it takes too long to rinse out. I bought this on a whim with the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo because I heard that might be stripping. The conditioner is great! It rinses out pretty easily, and makes my hair easier to comb out after a shower. IT doesn't leave a greasy feel on my skin like many conditioners (that can cause gross back pimples). It doesn't flatten or straighten out my slightly wavy hair, and gets rid of frizz. I'm definitely going to keep buying this, and will maybe try out some other Giovanni conditioners just for fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kates76

Let me start off by saying I love Giovanni products. I have fairly healthy hair - fine but lots of it - that gets trimmed regularly so what I look for in a conditioner is light moisture, detangling and managebility. This gave me all of that. Didn't weigh my hair down but left it feeling very smooth and conditioned. Light scent and very clean feeling which I like. I like to use this after I shampoo with the tea tree shampoo - great results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this conditioner to use sometimes. It moisturizes well and left my hair shinier, but sometimes weighed it down. I think this is good for people with slightly dry hair.