Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Price: $

Talc, parfum

on 5/31/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I heard on the Yahoo Answers that this is a great makeup primer. I could not believe it until I tried it today. My skin is very oily. Specially when it comes to products that supposed to keep me matte and greaseless, my skin acts the opposite and becomes totally greasy and awful. This solved the problem altogether. I have to warn those with dry skin to avoid this because you may feel dier, although not uncomfortable. I use my Olay moisturizer and this. I do not need any foundation. The elements in both equal a good foundation. This perfects my skin like a foundation and it is my own natural color. GREAT PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN-

on 4/27/2008 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I use this regularly to dry clean my long, dark, oily hair. Funny enough- I've reached for this after blowing $$ on professional hair powders and let me tell you, it's as effective as the expensive stuff. It gives a great texture to my hair, adds a little bit of volume, and it absorbs the oil very well. And the fragrance is fresh and lovely. The only thing is, if you're a dark brunette like me, applying too much powder will make your hair appear grey. Here's couple of tips how to avoid that.
First of all, sprinkle small amounts remembering that you can always add more.Apply onto the roots only, and only to those sections that are not that visible- avoid the very top of your head, partition, bangs and hairline. Massage and work it through just as if you were shampooing. Finally, sprinkle some powder onto a hairbrush, shake off the excess, than brush through your bangs, partition etc. If you can, apply the night before- this way you can afford to use a lilttle bit more of the product as the excess will wear off while you sleep and all you need to do is touching up in the morning. You can carry a small cointainer of the powder and a hairbrush in your handbag for emergency touch ups during the day.

on 4/26/2008 9:49:00 AM

The powder is very good. I've met the skin specialist. The doctor advised me to use this powder on my sensitive skin (subsitute the foundation or any facial powder). Actually my skin is in good condition but lately it became sensitive because of wrong usage of products (SK-II, Christian Dior, Biotherm, Clinique and other luxury product). This johnson baby powder will relief the sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

on 4/20/2008 2:12:00 AM

i use this to give my hair that matt look, and i also use this before bedtime so i dont have oily hair when i wake up. It also makes my hair look nice and soft!!! I also use this on my face to get rid of that oliness .

on 4/8/2008 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a dry shampoo when my roots get a little oily. It works every bit as well as Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, but for 1/20 of the price. I just sprinkle it on, and work it into my hair until there's no powdery residue showing. It adds body and takes away the oil. Since there is still no sure answer about weather talc is bad for us or not, I'm thinking of switching to a talc free version (perhaps either just corn starch powder, or maybe the Burt's Bees version). However, this works great. I've never used it all over my body as I just don't sweat that much, but perhaps this summer I'll try it on my body and feet. Goodness knows, it couldn't hurt.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Baby Powder is so cheap and so useful!! I primarily use it on my roots and in my hair after going to gym when i dont have time to shower. It soaks up all the oil AND makes my hair smell nice and fresh!! Use it instead of those insanely overpriced dry shampoo powders like Oscar Blandi and Ojon because it WORKS THE SAME WAY!! honestly! why pay $18 for a small bottle of Ojon Rub Out when you can buy a huge container of Baby powder for $4?? the baby powder is way better value and you don't have to worry about spilling a drop because you just paid so much money, haha.

on 2/23/2008 6:40:00 PM

I use baby powder on my face to set makeup. Primarily I use it to set my under-eye concealer, but often I will use a small bit in other areas to keep oil away or set concealer elsewhere. You only need a small amount, so it doesn't matter that it is white (if you can see it on your face, you're using too much). Works like a charm and I much prefer it to tinted makeup powders.

I have this in every size! I learned basic tips about it through online websites saying baby powder is great for roots. I love the smell! I'm a teenager and since I wear a lot of makeup my face gets oily ( ordered the EM sample. hopefully no more liquid ) about four hours into the day ( by end third period ). it really sucks. I constantly have to wash my bangs only. baby powder REALLY helps. I usually put on a TON in my hair. then pat my hair really hard to try to get as much out ( it won't all come out ) . then I blowdry the rest and I'm off!

I would usually use this to keep my makeup fresh but because it's talc and I use acne products, by using baby powder too much it soaks up TOO much grease and can start making my skin peely. but if your skin can handle then by all means, use it! it makes your makeup look like you JUST did your makeup, except you didn't! buy the travel size and tuck it in your purse and keep the big tubs at home in your bathroom.

on 1/22/2008 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Honestly, in my 18 years of life, I don't think I have ever gone a bath/shower without applying this to my body afterwards. My mother use to use this on me since.. probably since I was born and I guess I just "grew up" getting use to applying it. I can't stand that humid/muggy feeling my body has after a shower. I've tried them in original scent, vanilla & jasmine, and lavender & chamomile and have loved them all. I have also tried it on my oily roots and It made my hair feel disgusting, so I won' be using it for that. I will continue to purchase this forever. :)

on 1/11/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for my hair. You can get the little sample bottle for 97 cents and you can take it anywhere. Just sprinkle a little on your hair and the grease is gone. Sometimes I put it on at night and wake up to find it absorbed and my hair looking great. The one downside so far is the smell, it's nice.. but once a guy I was dating sniffed me and said, "Why do you smell like a baby?" Maybe it's time to switch to lavender! Also, I think after reading these I will try to use it to set makeup so long as it doesn't give me a ghastly pallor.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products