April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by chajy

I have been J&J baby since kid. I also use this as face powder in hs. Now that i'm a lot adult, i use this on occassional basis at night. I have the Lavender Cornstarch. After i use bha it kinda bit shiny so i dust a little bit of powder to make it fresh looking. Smells good like a baby.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just used this on my bikini area, as i have many red bumps & itchiness :[ i get them frequently from shaving. so far this has definitely eased the itchiness and i think i'm noticing less redness. i'm going to hold off on shaving for a few days and apply this daily. WILL UPDATE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

I don't know how I'll ever survive without baby powder on my skin after a shower, i live in a tropical country so this is a must have to keep skin dry and fresh all day long...my fave would be the lavender one and the milk baby powder...J&J baby is the best brand for body powder/talcs because it's great for sensitive skin since it's for babies, plus it smells really soft and clean. It's multipurpose too, i have an oily scalp that gets exacerbated because of the hot and humid weather...so i sprinkle abit of this on my hair...voila...no more grease! I can also use this as a substitute for loose powder as i have fair skintone...I'd die without this...I hate feeling sticky on my body (or anywhere else!) more than anything, so I buy 2 or 3 big ones in different fragrances at one time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

oh, this is heaven-sent!!! it's just about the only thing that helps keep excess moisture on my skin @ bay in the HOT and HUMID weather in taiwan. it also eases the stickiness caused by the extreme humidity, giving the smooth and refreshing feeling that replicates having taken a shower -- which is VERY useful when i'm running around during the day and can't jump in the shower in the middle of the afternoon. the powder spreads and dissolves evenly.. and zaps up the moisture quickly. in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the J&J Baby Powder with cornstarch and Aloe and Vitamin E. I have oily skin that always looks oily - it's oily by the time I leave the house in the morning. So I've always looked for a good powder. I have a small travel size of their original baby powder - who doesn't have baby powder!? But I bought a large container of this one with cornstarch etc so I could use it on my face after reading the reviews here. This was last year and maybe I was expecting too much? I felt it disappointed. It was still shiny on my skin and I wanted soft matte. After reading all about mineral make up and seeing the technique used in applying it (and also running out of my loose powder) I reached for the baby powder and put it on like a mineral powder, using a very small amount with a big fluffy brush and working it into my skin. I'm blown away by the results - I put it on top of my regular foundation, followed with a light dusting of bronzer and my skin looks totally natural and matches my skin tone perfectly - and it's so soft and matte. I can't stop looking in the mirror! I put a bunch of the powder into an empty loose powder container with a big lid and I tap a little into the lid, then swirl my big fluffy brush all around and tap off the excess, then I work it in a circular motion into my skin. I can feel it on my skin which isn't great, but my skin looks so soft and smooth and even and luminous even in direct natural light. It's not hot out now, so we'll see how it holds up to the heat! Other than that - I will keep playing with this. May go and get one of those Kabuki brushes to use with it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Cammy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using this as a dusting powder a few days ago, and I just love it! It's a miracle product for dealing with the hot Texas weather. Even though I have dark skin, (about the color of a pecan), it fades right into the skin as long as I don't overdo it. Make sure you use the original talc version, because the corn starch type will just sit on top of your skin and give it a VERY obvious white cast.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by noodlynootoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this on the roots of my hair between shampoos. It's brilliant!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by shallot

I love this product. It's super cheap, available at most supermarkets and pharmacies and lasts forever. I use this occassionally on my body but mainly in my light brown/dark blonde hair when I can't be bothered washing it or when I've got ALOT of regrowth. It makes my hair managable when I haven't washed it and is much much much cheaper than dry shampoo. When I haven't been to the HDs for a while, it can lessen the severity of my regrowth. I don't use it often, but will always try to have some on hand just in case.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I hate to break all of the five lippies =[ But I have to do it. On my face, this really made me breakout, so I would not use it again on my face. When I use it on my body, it makes it nice and smooth, a powdery feeling, a guess you would say, ha. It has a nice fresh scent as well. But I wish this wouldn't just...lay there in a white powedery layer. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is about generic, corn starch based baby powder, not J&J specifically.

I have oily skin which is very acne prone and I have been looking for something to control the oil without breaking me out like most of the foundations I've tried do. I find that this works quite well. I lightly apply this over my sunscreen in the morning and I find that my mid-day my skin still looks relatively matte and I don't have to blott as often as I did before. I don't think it causes any breakouts for me. My skin is somewhat fair, although not the lightest, and I find I can use a light dusting of this without looking ghostly but I expect it wouldn't work for darker skinned individuals. For the price, I think this is a great oil control product. I would definitely buy this again if the bottle that I got for $1 would run out but sicne you need so little of this on your face, I don't expect that to happen for many years.