November 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this for my hair. You can get the little sample bottle for 97 cents and you can take it anywhere. Just sprinkle a little on your hair and the grease is gone. Sometimes I put it on at night and wake up to find it absorbed and my hair looking great. The one downside so far is the smell, it's nice.. but once a guy I was dating sniffed me and said, "Why do you smell like a baby?" Maybe it's time to switch to lavender! Also, I think after reading these I will try to use it to set makeup so long as it doesn't give me a ghastly pallor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this stuff. If you wash your hair every other day like me, this is a must. I pour some baby powder on my brush and brush through my hair to soak up the oil so my hair does not look greasy. I use the lavendar scent so that I do not smell like actual baby powder. The only thing is, I don't know how well this would work on dark hair. It blends into my blonde hair. But it works for me, and you can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by pancakegood

I love this! I was in a play and it was recommended that I use this to set my make-up! Well, I use it to set my own make-up everyday now! Also, in the summer I use it on it's own. Lip gloss, baby powder...out the door!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lastaats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A few months back I ran out of my regular loose powder and needed something to set my makeup. The only thing i could find was my kids' baby powder. I've been using it ever since! I just tap some out and use a big brush to dust it on over my foundation just like a regular loose powder. It really keeps my skin looking and feeling fresh. I love how i can go out all day in the hot weather and my face still doesn't feel oily or sticky. It seems to help my foundation stay on longer also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by chajy

I have been J&J baby since kid. I also use this as face powder in hs. Now that i'm a lot adult, i use this on occassional basis at night. I have the Lavender Cornstarch. After i use bha it kinda bit shiny so i dust a little bit of powder to make it fresh looking. Smells good like a baby.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just used this on my bikini area, as i have many red bumps & itchiness :[ i get them frequently from shaving. so far this has definitely eased the itchiness and i think i'm noticing less redness. i'm going to hold off on shaving for a few days and apply this daily. WILL UPDATE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

I don't know how I'll ever survive without baby powder on my skin after a shower, i live in a tropical country so this is a must have to keep skin dry and fresh all day long...my fave would be the lavender one and the milk baby powder...J&J baby is the best brand for body powder/talcs because it's great for sensitive skin since it's for babies, plus it smells really soft and clean. It's multipurpose too, i have an oily scalp that gets exacerbated because of the hot and humid weather...so i sprinkle abit of this on my hair...voila...no more grease! I can also use this as a substitute for loose powder as i have fair skintone...I'd die without this...I hate feeling sticky on my body (or anywhere else!) more than anything, so I buy 2 or 3 big ones in different fragrances at one time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

oh, this is heaven-sent!!! it's just about the only thing that helps keep excess moisture on my skin @ bay in the HOT and HUMID weather in taiwan. it also eases the stickiness caused by the extreme humidity, giving the smooth and refreshing feeling that replicates having taken a shower -- which is VERY useful when i'm running around during the day and can't jump in the shower in the middle of the afternoon. the powder spreads and dissolves evenly.. and zaps up the moisture quickly. in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the J&J Baby Powder with cornstarch and Aloe and Vitamin E. I have oily skin that always looks oily - it's oily by the time I leave the house in the morning. So I've always looked for a good powder. I have a small travel size of their original baby powder - who doesn't have baby powder!? But I bought a large container of this one with cornstarch etc so I could use it on my face after reading the reviews here. This was last year and maybe I was expecting too much? I felt it disappointed. It was still shiny on my skin and I wanted soft matte. After reading all about mineral make up and seeing the technique used in applying it (and also running out of my loose powder) I reached for the baby powder and put it on like a mineral powder, using a very small amount with a big fluffy brush and working it into my skin. I'm blown away by the results - I put it on top of my regular foundation, followed with a light dusting of bronzer and my skin looks totally natural and matches my skin tone perfectly - and it's so soft and matte. I can't stop looking in the mirror! I put a bunch of the powder into an empty loose powder container with a big lid and I tap a little into the lid, then swirl my big fluffy brush all around and tap off the excess, then I work it in a circular motion into my skin. I can feel it on my skin which isn't great, but my skin looks so soft and smooth and even and luminous even in direct natural light. It's not hot out now, so we'll see how it holds up to the heat! Other than that - I will keep playing with this. May go and get one of those Kabuki brushes to use with it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Cammy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using this as a dusting powder a few days ago, and I just love it! It's a miracle product for dealing with the hot Texas weather. Even though I have dark skin, (about the color of a pecan), it fades right into the skin as long as I don't overdo it. Make sure you use the original talc version, because the corn starch type will just sit on top of your skin and give it a VERY obvious white cast.