December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. Everything about it, the shape the smell. As soon as I walk into my bathroom I know this soaps there as I can smell it.But only as a body bar. I do not use soap on my face and have not done since I was 12 years old.Bar soap in the shower is so much more fuss free and cheaper. I wouldn't waste money on expensive body washes.I'd rather spend the money on a new lipstick. Love this soap, the green one's good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I prefer ot use a bar of soap in the shower since I think it is faster than using a shower gel. This is my favortie by now! The smell is perfect, smells clean but no overwhelming flowery or sweet thing. Plus, this is really the only soap bar that doesn't leave my skin squeaky clean, like too tight for me. It leaves my skin hydrated and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have been using this soap on and off for years now. I never really thought to write a review on such a basic beauty staple. But alas, I have discovered another great use for this! I have never even thought of using a bar soap on my oily, acne-prone skin. It was only until 3 weeks ago that I read online that beauty bars are much different from other bar soaps, and they are effective at cleansing facial skin without drying it out/stripping it of its natural oils. I have just been lathering up my face with this and using my clarisonic.. Let me tell you... My face has never been so clear or soft. I really think that the more simple your routine, the happier your skin can be! Try it out! At like $1 a bar, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Irinar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey everyone

I thought I'd share since I spent years trying to figure out what to do about my acne. It was not a bad (red, swollen) acne, but I had plenty of black and, particularly white comedons. I can't say that Dove has gotten me rid of those. But what it did do is to obviously stop more from showing up. I've been using it for about a month now. In combination with sugar (plain sugar kitchen). In the morning, in the shower, I just rub Dove soap on my slightly wet face (I use the regular type of Dove soap, although I recently also acquired the Shea butter one, I love the smell) and then get a bit of sugar (I keep in a jar) on my palms and rub it over my face . I just rub it for 1 minute, not even so. And I only get to do it in the morning. I highly recommend it. Used a lot of face products in my life, and in 34 years this "grandma' combination is the very best. use it in combination with a once in a while sauna treatment to get rid of comedons and I think you'll be very impressed!
and by the way, I loved the way Dove smelled and also felt but always felt it too expensive for me. And while I don't usually buy their shower and much less their shampoo (both good but very expensive where I live), buying one soap isn't such a great effort considering it last for about 2 or 3 months (if used on the face only, and only once a day). All in all, worth the little investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the dove bar cleanser. As the person before me commented, I had a very similar experience. I had very bad exzema and the doctor gave me ointment to treat it He recommended dove bar soap to help keep my skin hydrated and not dried out which would make exzema worse.

Needless to say this worked well and didn't flare up my exzema. It made my skin lush and moisturized, very pleased with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, due to severe Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis, I decided to go for the skin patch test at the Dermatologist Office. After all was said and done, we had a long discussion about Liquid vs. Bar Cleansers. My dermatologist said for patients with Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis it is highly recommended that Bar Cleansers are better in terms of the least amount of ingredients. She meant simple Bar Cleansers (Dove) mainly, We all know that Dove has several varieties of Bars on the market. So I asked the question, "Which Dove?" The response was the Classic White Bar. It was also recommended to use the Sensitive Skin Version for my face. Oh Boy! My skin is really happy! I am still peeling, but in a good healing way. I couldn't be happier. BTW< the reason behind not using the Liquid version is due tot he amount of preservatives added to keep Liquid from going bad, hence, eczema flare-ups........

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not dirt cheap in Australia - then again what is?!
Dove soap has been in my families bathroom, and now my own, for years. It is a good product, I like the exfoliating one over the original, it is mild enough for everyday use.
I would not say it is moisturising, but it certainly doesn't strip your skin of natural moisturisers and oils like regular soaps do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by FeatheredSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dove makes great soap for the shower or even if you're merely washing your hands. Although I personally consider this product to be soap, officially it's a "beauty bar" substitute for soap in that it contains a good amount of moisturizing lotion. Soap doesn't always moisturize; and so Dove tries to set their product apart from soap when they advertise the moisturizing abilities of their product. Rest assured, however, that you will find this item where the rest of the soap is stocked in your grocery store.

The bars of soap are rather large but they don't slip out of your hands too easily; the shape of the bar helps you hold onto it. The Dove "beauty bars" do seem to truly help moisturize my skin when I use them to take a shower or wash my hands. The scent is mild but if you are sensitive to any scent you may want to use a completely unscented type of Dove soap.

Dove is a little more expensive than other soaps but many people like me swear it's worth it. My best friend uses Dove religiously and he says it helps his skin a great deal. One reviewer wrote elsewhere that Dove soap is not particularly useful for acne; but I cannot personally comment on this because I do not have acne or other types of skin breakouts. I did notice, however, that two other people commented on that review and they stated that Dove soap did help them with their acne. If any skin condition is a concern for you, talk with your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.

Overall, I love these Dove "beauty bars" with their moisturizing lotion. They are a bit more costly; but they are worth it if you want to pamper your skin in the shower or at the bathroom vanity sink. Pick up a package today and give yourself a little extra pampering!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by abeautyrioter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove is the only brand that doesn't break my skin out. I always get hooked on body washes that are full of perfume, promising to "detoxify" or "replenish" my skin and they end up breaking my back and chest out. Dove's beauty bar gives my body the clean it needs without drying my skin out. I use this with my body pouf and I get silky skin that my boyfriend makes comments on. The smell is a classic and it reminds me a mature body powder. It lathers nicely and rinses clean. One bar lasts me longer than a bottle of body wash would, and the results are pretty, smooth, no residue skin. Love Dove :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't knock a classic! Dirt cheap, smells lovely, feels nice and is obviously a better alternative to plain old soap or shower gel. I prefer the sensitive formula as it's SLS free so it doesn't dry me out as much, but this one does lather up rather lavishly ; )