April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this little device for over 12 yrs now.
I use it while my mascara is still wet and comb through. I have almond shaped eyes, and I had no problem using this. Its easy to clean, but be careful, try cleaning it with an old toothbrush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess everything's been said about this comb (I have it in black, by the way. What's up with that clear one?). I'm just adding my two cents, saying it makes any mascara better, that it's gonna live longer than I will and to be carefull, because poking your eyes is no hard task with this tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jaimeyusu

HG tool, this comb makes your mascara 200% better.
Clumped lashes are long forgotten thing for me now.
Price is cheap, about 10bucks at drugstores, and this will last long, since the metal combs look stern.
It's short, slim and has an attached lid so the metal comb stays safe&clean. It's SO smart.

**Please look in the mirror when using. The ends of the metal combs are really sharp like a needle, and can friggin' BLIND someone when poked in the eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this tool at my local Ulta store. It was a "sale" item and I had never tried a metal comb prior to this tweezerman one. It's been a rather tricky and dangerous tool for me to learn how to use and I seem to always manage to poke/jab myself with this item/tool which is NOT good since this tool is so darn sharp! One could REALLY hurt one's self even with being extra cautious as I like to think I have been in using it. My routine consists of:
1. Comb through lashes prior to curling them and prior to application of mascara.
2. Curl lashes
3. Apply mascara and while still wet comb through with this tool.
Personally this tool is not the best for my almond shaped eyes as it is awkard if not impossible for me to reach the inner and corner end lashes without taking my eye out. And this comb is definitely more challenging to get completely clean. However I just read the review about using a toothbrush to clean this tool and will try that the next go around. I said yes to repurchase of this comb however I am still undecided at this point and will continue to research/search for another that possibly, hopefully is more user friendly in that one doesn't expect injury or possibility of it when going to use this type of tool. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyelash comb I've ever used! Better yet, it's one of the best quality beauty tools I've ever used. I've had mine for 7 years!! It really goes through the eyelashes and separates them perfectly. I used to have a hard time cleaning it due to the fact the teeth are so close together. But I discovered a toothbrush takes care of this. I like the fact that it folds closed so I don't have to worry about loosing teeth. This is a great item!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't say it works perfectly but I think it would be the closest thing to perfect that I would find. As usual, I bought the product based on the good reviews here.

I am Asian and would do the most things I can (within reason) to make my eye appear larger (without using falsies.) The problem with overloading with mascara (no matter how good/bad the brand is) my eyelashes will inevitably clump up.

The package recommends for you to comb your eyelash after you have applied each layer of mascara. I prefer to comb when the mascara is not 100% dry. I find that the eyelashes are very difficult to separate when they are fully dried.

Its better than those plastic ones for sure. The teeth are strong and thin. It is also easy to clean (I use a bit of spirits and then rinse it out.)

The downside is that I find this product quite costly compared to a cheapo plastic one. Also I find it quite time-consuming to use coz u have to be very careful about it not to jab in your eye. This thing can seriously take your eye out so don't use it properly. Girls, don't use this if you're sleepy in the morning and can hardly keep you eyes open!!

Sidenote: I do the whole blow-drying my eyelash curler ordeal (before AND after I apply mascara. I know you're not supposed to do it afterwards as your eyelashes might stick to the curler but I find that it is the most effective this way. I make sure my mascara has dried first.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by arose4lee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I L O V E this product. In fact I have repurchased this product, since I lost my first one. I have heard that some people use a needle to separate their eyelashes but rather than stick a needle in my eye, i found this product works REALLY well. It separates so much better than the conventional plastic kind. Yes it is expensive when you compare it to other eyelash combs but I swear to you, you get what you pay for. I find that after I use mascara my eyelashes become stubbornly clumpy. This eyelash comb, actually "iLashcomb" does wonders and tames them into separate beautiful lashes. I really recommend this product. Oh as a warning, please be careful when using it because they are actually needles. I once accidentally stabbed my thumb and had a nice little row of scars to show of it (this went away eventually).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said before. Really is the best thing for seperating lashes and getting rid of clumps. Blows the plastic combs out of the water! Only thing that bothers me is how sharp the teeth are. I'm always afraid I'm going to poke myself in the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by dragonxbaby

Tweezerman done it again. This is a great eye lash comb. The gold teeth are very sharp so be careful. It's so easy to clean and wipe. I have got the clear one =) I didn't see the white nor black one. I bought my's at Rick's in NYC for $6.50 but that was about a year or two ago so I dunno if the price went up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you're going to get a lash comb, you should get a fine-toothed metal one like this. It separates lashes far better than any plastic lash comb. The only problem with this product is the fact that the metal spikes come out every now and then and I've had to replace three combs already due to this problem.

Update 05.05.2012: Although I wouldn't hesitate to buy this product again if I ever needed a lash comb, since I've started wiping down my mascara wand before each use to remove the excess, I haven't needed a lash comb anymore.