July 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

One of OPI's best red creams. 2 coats is a bright, rich cherry red.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a gorgeous deep blue-based red. If you're a fan of reds and especially the deep, vampy ones, this is a "must have". I think its very similar to OPI Got the Blues for Red, almost a twin in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this colour...quite close to Edin-burgundy and Chick Flick Cherry, which are all gorgeous. Everyone seems to have hit the colour descriptions on the head. Such a classy, glam red which just gleams. Guys seem to like it too...last time I wore it, a cute rockstar told me my nails looked totally sexy, which can never be a bad thing, right girls? ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I picked this out at the salon for my pedicure-- I love red polish against PPP skin, and deep crimsons look better on me than bright tomato reds. It is usual OPI quality-- great shine, opacity, and wear. I took off a lippie simply because the color is pretty, but not that special. Most companies make a deep, true crimson like this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because of the steller reviews and I'm not disappointed! It is such a sophisticated red, deep and blue-based, which keeps it from looking tacky, even on my longish nails. I'm also very warm-toned, so I would imagine if it looks good on me, this color works with all skin tones. I'm finding OPI wears pretty well with the right base and top coat -- it's Day 3 and this still looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by 6452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

just love it on toes and for classy & glamourous days on tips. very stylish for my cool ppp skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gorgeous blue-based red creme that is the OPI equivalent to Essie's much-loved Bordeaux. This is a wonderful color for my cool-toned PPP complexion and it looks equally great on tips or toes. It's a refined red with wine/berry tones and a fantastic staple color. All that being said, I prefer Essie's Bordeaux because it "pops" just a bit more and has more depth than Malaga Wine. Essie's formula also lasts better on my nails than OPI. In a head to head contest, Bordeaux wins. However, if you are an OPI lover/Essie hater, get Malaga Wine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a blue-based dark, wine-tinged red creme. Outdoors in the sunlight it looks more red and somewhat bright, not bright enough to be considered garish though. I prefer this color on my toes, but it does look classy on short tips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 7:07:00 AM More reviews by TearzKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful wine color. Just the shade I was looking for to achieve that sophisticated look on my nails, rather than the usual french manicure. The only reason not to repurchase is the fact that I never purchased in the first place, but rather had my nails done in the salon. Another great thing, this polish lasts alot longer than your leading nailpolish, such as Jessica or Wet 'N Wild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.