November 26, 2014 | 1660 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Malaga Wine is an elegant classy cool toned red that works for both my tips and toes! As a lover of reds, I had to add Malaga Wine to my collection (not all reds are the same) and I'm happy with this purchase. The finish is creme, not shimmer or glitter but it doesn't look flat on my nails. Gorgeous classy red that is suitable for showing off your toes in peep toe heels or strappy sandals and short squoval or rounded tips. Highly recommended for red lovers, especially those of you who prefer cooler toned reds that don't turn orangey or rusty which is a problem I usually have with reds.

The application is a bit streaky on the 1st coat but not a problem on the 2nd coat. The wear is decent, I got some tiny chips on my nail tips by day 3 but I suspect it's due to the new base and top coats I'm trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love this color! It's a beautiful blue-based red that is just elegantly sexy. It looks more reddish indoors, but under bright sunlight it' more purplish -- I love the way it changes color with lighting. Of all my OPI nail polishes this is the one I reach for the most, and I would definitely recommend it if you are cool-toned, though I doubt that it will work for warmer skin tones. Simply gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by xazzie

I purchased this when searching the drugstore for a red polish that didn't look tomatoey or fire engine-y. OPI's Malaga Wine was the only polish in stock that was a deep red with very slight blue undertone and that was a creme rather than pearly/sparkly.

I applied a clear Revlon polish as a base, then 2 coats of OPI Malaga Wine, then the same Revlon clear polish as a top coat. Although all of those applications took some patience and time, the result is a very sexy and sophisticated manicure! The red looks both deep with pigment and has a nice glossy reflective quality (not shiny per se, just high gloss I guess).

Overall I love this! It looks great on my slightly tan skin and has held up impeccably well over the past 3 days (just got some tiny nicks at the tips of my nails from typing which I touched up today).

Totally recommended if you're going for vamp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

One of OPI's best red creams. 2 coats is a bright, rich cherry red.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a gorgeous deep blue-based red. If you're a fan of reds and especially the deep, vampy ones, this is a "must have". I think its very similar to OPI Got the Blues for Red, almost a twin in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this colour...quite close to Edin-burgundy and Chick Flick Cherry, which are all gorgeous. Everyone seems to have hit the colour descriptions on the head. Such a classy, glam red which just gleams. Guys seem to like it too...last time I wore it, a cute rockstar told me my nails looked totally sexy, which can never be a bad thing, right girls? ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I picked this out at the salon for my pedicure-- I love red polish against PPP skin, and deep crimsons look better on me than bright tomato reds. It is usual OPI quality-- great shine, opacity, and wear. I took off a lippie simply because the color is pretty, but not that special. Most companies make a deep, true crimson like this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because of the steller reviews and I'm not disappointed! It is such a sophisticated red, deep and blue-based, which keeps it from looking tacky, even on my longish nails. I'm also very warm-toned, so I would imagine if it looks good on me, this color works with all skin tones. I'm finding OPI wears pretty well with the right base and top coat -- it's Day 3 and this still looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by 6452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

just love it on toes and for classy & glamourous days on tips. very stylish for my cool ppp skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gorgeous blue-based red creme that is the OPI equivalent to Essie's much-loved Bordeaux. This is a wonderful color for my cool-toned PPP complexion and it looks equally great on tips or toes. It's a refined red with wine/berry tones and a fantastic staple color. All that being said, I prefer Essie's Bordeaux because it "pops" just a bit more and has more depth than Malaga Wine. Essie's formula also lasts better on my nails than OPI. In a head to head contest, Bordeaux wins. However, if you are an OPI lover/Essie hater, get Malaga Wine.