September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love this color! It's a beautiful blue-based red that is just elegantly sexy. It looks more reddish indoors, but under bright sunlight it' more purplish -- I love the way it changes color with lighting. Of all my OPI nail polishes this is the one I reach for the most, and I would definitely recommend it if you are cool-toned, though I doubt that it will work for warmer skin tones. Simply gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by xazzie

I purchased this when searching the drugstore for a red polish that didn't look tomatoey or fire engine-y. OPI's Malaga Wine was the only polish in stock that was a deep red with very slight blue undertone and that was a creme rather than pearly/sparkly.

I applied a clear Revlon polish as a base, then 2 coats of OPI Malaga Wine, then the same Revlon clear polish as a top coat. Although all of those applications took some patience and time, the result is a very sexy and sophisticated manicure! The red looks both deep with pigment and has a nice glossy reflective quality (not shiny per se, just high gloss I guess).

Overall I love this! It looks great on my slightly tan skin and has held up impeccably well over the past 3 days (just got some tiny nicks at the tips of my nails from typing which I touched up today).

Totally recommended if you're going for vamp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

One of OPI's best red creams. 2 coats is a bright, rich cherry red.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a gorgeous deep blue-based red. If you're a fan of reds and especially the deep, vampy ones, this is a "must have". I think its very similar to OPI Got the Blues for Red, almost a twin in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this colour...quite close to Edin-burgundy and Chick Flick Cherry, which are all gorgeous. Everyone seems to have hit the colour descriptions on the head. Such a classy, glam red which just gleams. Guys seem to like it too...last time I wore it, a cute rockstar told me my nails looked totally sexy, which can never be a bad thing, right girls? ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I picked this out at the salon for my pedicure-- I love red polish against PPP skin, and deep crimsons look better on me than bright tomato reds. It is usual OPI quality-- great shine, opacity, and wear. I took off a lippie simply because the color is pretty, but not that special. Most companies make a deep, true crimson like this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because of the steller reviews and I'm not disappointed! It is such a sophisticated red, deep and blue-based, which keeps it from looking tacky, even on my longish nails. I'm also very warm-toned, so I would imagine if it looks good on me, this color works with all skin tones. I'm finding OPI wears pretty well with the right base and top coat -- it's Day 3 and this still looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by 6452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

just love it on toes and for classy & glamourous days on tips. very stylish for my cool ppp skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gorgeous blue-based red creme that is the OPI equivalent to Essie's much-loved Bordeaux. This is a wonderful color for my cool-toned PPP complexion and it looks equally great on tips or toes. It's a refined red with wine/berry tones and a fantastic staple color. All that being said, I prefer Essie's Bordeaux because it "pops" just a bit more and has more depth than Malaga Wine. Essie's formula also lasts better on my nails than OPI. In a head to head contest, Bordeaux wins. However, if you are an OPI lover/Essie hater, get Malaga Wine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a blue-based dark, wine-tinged red creme. Outdoors in the sunlight it looks more red and somewhat bright, not bright enough to be considered garish though. I prefer this color on my toes, but it does look classy on short tips.