September 2, 2014 | 2196 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder helps control oil, but that is the only redeeming quality it has. The texture is terribly chalky, so it doesn't look natural at all. I have ivory, and the color is a little light, even for my fair skin. MAC Blot Powder is so far superior that even the low price of this powder isn't enough to make it worth purchasing again.

Ingredients: Talc, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silcylate, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by xxparisonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible horrible make-up...Yes it did control my shine, but it completely dried out my skin.

Will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2005 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ToniRenee

I hated it. It gave no coverage at all, and it went on really chalky. Also, the lightest shade they had was still WAY too pink for my pale skin, even though it looked light enough in the compact. However, the worst thing about it, which is suprising, is the fact that this powder made my face greasier than anything else I have ever used in my life. It made my face so oily, it felt slimy to the touch. I have a problem with shine, but had never experienced anything like this. At the end of the day, I went straight home, washed my face and threw it in the trash. Awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 9:47:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this powder in ivory, the lightest colour. Although I have light skin, I use this almost white powder so that it doesn't darken my foundation like all my other powders. And this one doesn't do that at all. I put a lot of powder on and this doesn't turn cakey or anything. The texture is super silky, making every application perfect despite the horrible puff that comes with it. I just use a small round brush instead. My only complaint is that it needs to be reapplied at least once during the day. Otherwise, this is a really nice powder. But the case is the worst one I have seen in powders. It leaks a lot when there's only a little bit of product left. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always come back to this pressed powder, as I try other drugstore brands and they do not work as well for me. I wear this in natural beige over Shine Free liquid foundation in the Golden shade.( See my review on Shine Free liquid foundation) This is an excellent duo for me foundation/pressed powder as it seems they work together well at keeping me oil and shine free. I am 30yrs old with very oily skin that is acne prone and wearing the Shine Free products works very well for me. I do not break out from using these products, of course I get the occasional monthly pimple or two and knowing my luck always will. I will say putting this over the top of the Shine Free foundation will give you a very nice matte finish. I only have to blot maybe 1-2 times a day too. The price is very reasonable. I say if you have oily skin, give it a whirl!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 8:22:00 PM More reviews by gizzo_glo

I've been using Maybelline Shine Free pressed powder for the past 5 years. Before that, I've used nothing but department store brand powders. A friend of mine kept teasing me that I was waiting my money and told me to try Maybelline. I tried it and I feel in love with it right away. I have oily skin and this thing goes on smoothly and nicely. I don't think it really keeps my skin from being oily throughout the day though. I love the sheerness of the powder, which feels really light on my skin. I just hate the fact that I wasted my money all those years before using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an old staple that I've been using since high school. I have a perfect color match in Golden (extremely yellow - rare for a drugstore product), it's sheer enough to not be obvious and it does what it's supposed to do. My only complaint would be that it needs to be redone about halfway through the day, but what powder actually lasts for 8 hours? Anyway, good purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! I can always rely on Maybelline for inexpensive powders with yellow undertones. I have combination skin and this is the first compact that does the job of keeping my skin mostly oil-free through the day without a ton of product to clog pores. (It does go on a bit thick during the winter over dry spots, but that's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix.)

It provides great coverage too - sheer and matte, but still hides blemishes. I can now be rid of my Studio Fix (and bad breakouts)! Definitely a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by SSmith0385

OH MY GOODNESS! I am in LOOOOVE! This was literally the very first product that I EVER completely finished and repurchased. I am now on my FIFTH compact. (Ok, so one shattered..) I have oily, acne prone skin and this is my HG powder. I literally like it better than the chanel powder I was using before. I have never had problems with it breaking me out, and I use it to set oiler foundations (I use Studio tech sometimes, when I need more coverage, and this product keeps it from sliding off!) I am not a huge fan of the packaging, but hey, it's drugstore you know? This is, by the way, one of only two drugstore products I use. (The other is Maybelline Wetshine diamonds liquid in Pink Diamonds)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by agnescow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The "Golden" color is wonderful for camoflaging the red areas of my nose and blemishes on my chin. When I powder it over my Almay Skin Stays Clean foundation, it completely hides the flaws. It's too thick for under the eyes, though. It doesn't make my acne worse.