July 30, 2014 | 1143 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 4:13:00 AM More reviews by xtah7

i bought the shade SX-11 (golden yellow undertone) about a month ago at henri bendel NYC. it is a little too golden for me when i tried using it with a wet sponge as a foundation - DEFINITLEY DID NOT WORK as a foundation for me - smudges everywhere (onto my clothes even) and melted throughout the day with a nasty masky feel. however, it is the PERFECT INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CONCEALER i have ever tried. blends PERFECTLY (strange that it was too yellow as a foundation) with my MAKE UP FOR EVER MATTE VELVET OIL FREE FOUNDATION shade 4. my face SERIOUSLY looked flawless under natural sun light after blending it on tough spots over a thin layer of foundation. i was really upset in the beginning after paying $42 + tax for that tiny jar but am now over joyed to have found the perfect concealer - and knowing that it will last AT LEAST a year since it's super concentrated (i take a tiny little out with my concealer brush and dot it onto the back of my hand to "dump out" the excess amount, then blend the remaining onto my spots). really love this stuff now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by gracepearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING! I have tried foundations from lines such as MAC, Bobbi Brown, Christian Dior, Trucco, Lancome, Lorac and Laura Mercier just to name a few. I purchased this relatively expensive product and was blown away by its performance. I have this in SX11, and the shade matches perfectly. There is no way to go wrong with this product, unless you use too much! This will meld with your skin and make all of the other products you apply look better and it covers everything. It can be used as a concealer, foundation,eye and lip base, or if mixed with moisturizer or luminizer, it can be used as a beautiful and effective tinted moisturizer. Just use a little and blend. My only regret is that I wasted my money on those other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product from Craig at Henri Bendel expecting to be able to use it as a foundation or concealer. (My color is SX-07, which is a light neutral beige tilting toward the yellow side.) For a year, I used it as a concealer only, and it works great for that. You need just a tiny tiny amount to cover most flaws. Last week, I dared to use it as foundation, using a tiny amount and blending with a damp sponge. Well, as a foundation....it's a fantastic concealer. No way will I ever use this as foundation again; it's just too dense and masklike. So I paid $42 for concealer, basically. If you're shooting for a theatrical look or need something for a professional photo shoot, this might work as a foundation, but not for normal everyday civilian use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First let me say I'm reviewing this as a concealer. I would NOT recommend using it for fndtn (it's extremely highly pigmented and thick...tho the MA did say if you mix w/ moist it could work but I haven't tried that). That said...what a wonderful concealer product! Great coverage, use only the tiniest amt first put on your hand than dab onto brush and blend in, then pat with ring finger. I mean TINY amt. Luckily I got a nice lesson on how to apply this at the Henri Bendel counter (thanks Craig!). The pot will likely last me 10 years (not kidding, as you use soooo little). I caution using it directly under eyes, as if you over apply, it's creepy. But, great for covering pimples, redness, and under eye circles. Lasts all day and not drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2004 9:49:00 PM More reviews by rsjennifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not love this. For whatever reason it sat on my face, visibly. There was nothing smooth or finished looking about how this sat on my skin. I do like it as a concealer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2004 10:00:00 AM More reviews by pancakeshoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! It's very expensive, yes, but it will last forever. It's tricky to get the color right because SSE is so highly pigmented. SSE 7 works for me. I take a tiny dab out of the pot, press on the inside of the cap and I get the perfect amount. It's easy to blend, but you need a good eye moisturizer. It sets in a minute or two and lasts all day. This is better than Cle de Peau because I get a better color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ter61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes it is expensive but lasts forever! This is a great foundation/concealer for winter. Great coverage with such a small amount of product! Great job Kevyn! We miss you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2004 1:42:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to use it as a light concealer, but it was cakey and still really heavy even though I used a miniscule amount after I'd put on my oil-free lotion. It didn't sink into my pores, but accentuated them. I expected better. UPDATE: I started using this alone over moisturizer just as a spot concealer, it works great, I was able to blend it better and it did not just sit on top of my skin. It really covers my mild discolorations and occasional pimple without over drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 3:48:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is sticky, difficult to work with and very drying. I tried multiple eye moisturizers of varying consistincies underneath SSE. Bleh!
Perhaps I should have more patience when applying cream concealers, but I spent more time working this in than I did wearing it.
I'll give it two lippies instead of one, as SSE does have a great range of colors.
That said, I would never buy this again. It slides into fine lines and reminds me of theatrical makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ProductPrincess82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I tried it out at Bendel's and fell in love with it. It took a couple of tries for me to get used to the consistency and learn how to use it properly. Now that I have a handle on it, it's my favorite foundation ever. A little bit goes a long way so this little tub will last forever. Kudos to Kevyn!