July 25, 2014 | 1960 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by tishme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of two minds about this product. have used with both diorshow blackout and hypnose.

CONS: straightens my lashes dead straight after curling with a mascara wand. makes the lashes clumpy and agree with others that it looks a bit spidery.
PROS: first product ever (!!) that does not cause my mascara to give me raccoon eyes and believe you me i've tried every mascara under the sun. maybe it's always because i have always needed a primer. does make my lashes look a bit fuller and longer.

will not be buying again as i have very straight lashes and love to have that curled look, but will be using the rest of the tube/wand as it was $27...

definitely recommend testing this product first before paying for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by grasshanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara base for 4 years now and I love it. It is my HG mascara base. I've tried Shiseido's The Mascara Base and I did not like it at all. This is a bit pricey but totally worth it for boosting whatever drugstore mascara you're layering over it. This product looks white on the wand but it's actually invisible when applying it. Must be some kind of magic... Anyway, it really lengthens your lashes and gives volume. This makes any crappy mascara look great.... well maybe not any... but most.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This products irritated my eyes plus it drooped my eyelashes...def will not buy again....waste of money. lancome mascaras overall are just overhyped....and arent that good

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by tinadang

This is nearly neck to neck with my Smashbox primer, which is my HG of all mascara primers. It works well and helps give clean definition and length. A little more pricey, but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I LOOOOOOOOVE Lancome mascaras....................but the price tag is just too ridiculous. I use mascara and primer every day, and replace every 3 months, so its just not realistic for me to spend $30 bucks a tube on an ongoing basis. That being said, this primer has it all...great formula, great brush, makes any mascara look like falsies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jenliang124

Used the sample and love it so far! Makes my lashes super long and thick when paired with my favorite Lancome mascaras (Courbe and Definicils). Tried even with a Clinique mascara sample and looks fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by itsjustme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

please understand this is great, I honestly feel people who say it is not must either be onto a really good primer that costs like 50 quidies or not using it properly. It is a creamy white primer and when applied it should be coated over the lashes completely.I find the key is not to apply the mascara straight away or it will just take off some of the primer on your mascara brush so you do not get the full effect. However, you must also not let it dry or it will be clump-o-rama and make lashes feel brittle and mascara will not apply evenly. What I do is apply primer on 1 eye then the other, then quickly zig zag the base returning to the first eye and then do the second. There is a noticeable difference when I use this, my lashes are so long that once I went to Oxford street london and no lie, everyone kept stopping me to tell me I had beautiful eyes. Once I ran out of this and I made my boyfriend run to a department store (I live in Knightsbrige, London...PHEEWWW) to get me 1 as I refused to go out. This is how much this primer means to me, it is a necessity. I am not even lying when I say I have dreams and even in my dreams I am wearing this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a few mascaras lying around that clump, make your lashes dry, or don't do the things that they promise to do, you can avoid throwing them in the dustbin by using this primer! After using this, the mascara glides on so easily and my lashes look much longer, no clumps no flaking. I think I will use this forever. The packaging isn't very high quality but the brush is good, and since it's only a primer I find it good that it doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I used to use this when it first came out. I think this was probably the first mascara primer that came out in the market. As a mascara junkie, I just had to try it out. Well, I didn't have anything else to compare it to, except the case of applying mascara without a primer. It does add length and volume compared to wearing mascara alone. However, I wasn't impressed how this base turned my black mascara grey. So once I discovered etude mascara fixer, I never went back to this product. Fast forward to early April, 2010, I received a 15% coupon for being VIB at Sephora and wanted to try Shiseido's mascara primer (I tried this as well years ago and thought it was just okay. But after reading raving reviews at MUA, I wanted to give it another try). Shiseido primer is also quite pricy but with 15% coupon, I thought why not. Well, it was out of stock... So the SA gave me a sample of Lancome's Cils Booster as an alternative.

I think she did the right thing because I really like it! I tried it with all my mascaras that I'm rotating with (I have about 5 tubes open at all times...) and surprisingly it really works well with Loreal's Voluminous mascara. Voluminous was a bit of a let down for me because it is so wet and clumps easy. But this cils booster totally saved that mascara. It adds good length and volume and separates my lashes. Curl-holding wise, it is not as good as my etude (that's why I don't think I will re-purchase this...) and it flakes less! And most importantly, it doesn't turn gray!!!! Etude mascara fixer is still my No1 but I can't get them in Canada. So in a pinch, now I know where to go for an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Never thought I needed a primer before and by GWP's I ended up with two different brands to sample. It actually works pretty well by separating your lashes so mascara doesn't clump them together. I alternate between this and Lauder's primer. Who ever has the best freebie with purchase gets the sale.