July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by mizah

The best cleansing oil i have ever tried. It thoroughly cleanses my face with no traces of dirt. Would definitely buy again and highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not particularly impressive, plus it includes oil which I don't prefer to have in cleansing liquid (hence i'm using Orbis OIL CUT cleansing liquid for makeup removal now). I had used 4 bottles of FANCL, but i finish a bottle too quickly and its not economical to make purchases every once in a while, and they don't have refillable packages to come along so I ran out of them pretty fast. however I might make a repurchase some time because my friend has a VIP discount card.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was using Dermalogica's Precleanse before discovering this gem, and let me say I am so glad I did. Does the same thing for about one tenth of the price, gets off all my MAC Fluidline nice and easy. I do cleanse again after using it as I'm scared of having the oil left on my face, but I love it and will definitley repurchase. Only complaint is that one pump dispenses way too much product then needed. Other then that fantastic , highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Mako

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my favorite cleansing oil. I've tried many brands over the years before I finally settle down with this little green guy. It's light, gentle and effective. It removes my face and eye makeup in one simple step without any irritation. It is perfect in everyway - if ony it can be a litte cheaper. It is probably the best cleansing oil on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by julienrei

I'm on my third bottle of this...it's become a staple in my daily cleansing routine! Previously, I used DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil but had to stop because DHC is not easily available where I am. I would say that the Fancl cleansing oil is rather similar to DHC's - both are non-greasy, leave a nice, clean feeling, get rid of tough makeup, and do not break me out. But if I really had to choose between the two, I would go for Fancl because it has a lighter (more runny) texture and comes in cute packaging, unlike DHC, which is rather more utilitarian.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is okay. I, too, bought this after reading a bunch of cleansing oil reviews to take off my Shiseido sunscreen. It does its job and rinses off w/ water (which I still marvel over despite the fact that I'm not new to cleansing oils). The drawbacks are that it dries out my normal-combo skin a bit too much, even in the summertime and it doesn't seem to perform any better than my trusty jojoba oil and washcloth duo (though the whole rinsing off thing is a plus over homemade). Also, I have access to the myriad of cleansing oils in the Japanese grocery stores, so I honestly can't see the point of buying this more expensive version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by hiddencat

I needed something to remove my Shiseido spf 55 lotion, and while albolene was working well, I was getting sick of the removal process. I wanted something that would rinse off. I ordered two bottles of the Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil to get the free shipping (and crossing my fingers that I'd like it!) and I love it. It has a funny non-smell smell, slightly buttery maybe? I usually don't notice that. It removes the Shiseido and my MUFE Aqua Eyes liner and CG waterproof lash exact easily. I do follow it with another cleanser after rinsing.

I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Eugeniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this cleansing oil (my sis's) in my bathroom, i used it to clean my face before cleaning with my usual creamy foam. I find that my skin is very smooth and my skin never feel so clean before.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by fulanzuqaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its gentle on the skin, i like the way you can just spread it over and just rinse it with water, just so convenient. Just take note that this gets into the eye your vision will be blurred for a short while which is usually okay after rinsing with water. Also it doesnt get those very long lasting liquid eyeliner off easily. Its a perfect remover for light makeup. Would repurchase when the moods strikes on it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by iammao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After disaster with a tonne of other oil cleansers (Shu, Origins, Mac, Perfect Oil, etc) I was very skeptical about this one. I was happy to find that they sold the mini version of this for about SG$18 in Singapore (not available in Shanghai). I don't wear a lot of makeup and this teensy bottle has lasted me 2 months coming. I use it mostly to remove sunscreen and indoors tanning products from face, neck and decollete at the end of the day. I tested this in Singapore, Malaysia and Shanghai (I mention this because water and weather has a large role to play in cleanser efficacy). The weather at the time of test is Spring to humid summer.

Consistency: Unlike other oils, this one feels more like a gel. It is hard to describe but it doesn't pour out of the bottle like an oil. It spreads well on dry skin and will emulsify upon contact with water.

Cleansing: It is less 'milky' than other oils and rinses relatively well even in both soft and hard water. However in hard water, I use a soft face cloth to gentle rub away the oil under running water. I also keep a squirt bottle containing drinking water to use as a last rinse in hard water conditions to make sure everything gets washed away. It also removes all mascara quite effortlessly. Just rub around the eye and lashes but beware to not get this in your eye as it may sting and blur your vision. No contact lenses here of course so you can't use it for spot cleaning.

Dosage: A squirt/pump the size of a large coin is enough for a face with no makeup. Two such pumps would be good for heavy makeup

Pros: Good cleaning power. Good enough to go without double cleansing with cleansing gel/foam on some days. No breakouts.

Cons: The short lifespan makes it hard for non-makeup wearers to justify buying a large bottle or two for the discount. I may just end up buying small bottles all the time. Not good for spot cleaning, you will still need regular eye makeup remover for that.

So far I have not experienced the clogging I have with other oil cleansers. The ingredients are also pretty low on the comedogenic chart (note that not all 'natural' oils are skin friendly). From experience, I feel that using a face cloth and drinking water for rinsing (in hard water conditions) have helped prevent any residue and allow it to clean like it should. I will continue buying this for now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No