Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.3

2014 REFORMULATION: Cetearyl octanoate, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-10, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rice Germ Oil, Squalane, Buxus Chinensis Oil, vitamin E, Ascorbyl Palmitate. OLD FORMULA: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polygltceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopheryl, Stearoyl Inulin

on 10/29/2008 8:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It does leave the skin a little on the dry side. But what I love about it compared to other brands is that it doesn't clog my basin pipes. I'm not kidding! With other cleansers, it doesn't take long before drain pipes get clogged. Not with this one though.

on 10/16/2008 8:16:00 AM

It's easy to use and leaves my skin feeling very clean and fresh. I've never used other cleansing oil before so I can't compare but I don't want to spend money trying another product when this one works well for me.

Anyone else finds that sometime it leaves a very thin film in your eyes? I'd have to rinse my eyes and blink a few times to get rid of it, no big deal though, it doesn't sting the eyes.

on 10/15/2008 12:27:00 PM

This is better than any cleansing milk/lotion i've used before. Saves alot of time, removes every trace of makeup and easy to wash off. Doesn't leave an oily feeling on my skin.
Love it! Will definitely continue buying.

on 10/15/2008 4:37:00 AM

Oh no, I bought 2 bottles because it came with a free mini one, and when you buy 2, its cheaper. I now realized that it is very drying after I dry my face with a towel. I do like the fact that it's fragrance free and does give you a clean feeling though and I'm not sure if this is the product that's causing my never ending pimples!!! It's so annoying.

on 10/13/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best cleansing oil i have ever tried. It thoroughly cleanses my face with no traces of dirt. Would definitely buy again and highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

not particularly impressive, plus it includes oil which I don't prefer to have in cleansing liquid (hence i'm using Orbis OIL CUT cleansing liquid for makeup removal now). I had used 4 bottles of FANCL, but i finish a bottle too quickly and its not economical to make purchases every once in a while, and they don't have refillable packages to come along so I ran out of them pretty fast. however I might make a repurchase some time because my friend has a VIP discount card.

on 10/1/2008 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was using Dermalogica's Precleanse before discovering this gem, and let me say I am so glad I did. Does the same thing for about one tenth of the price, gets off all my MAC Fluidline nice and easy. I do cleanse again after using it as I'm scared of having the oil left on my face, but I love it and will definitley repurchase. Only complaint is that one pump dispenses way too much product then needed. Other then that fantastic , highly recommend

on 9/12/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's my favorite cleansing oil. I've tried many brands over the years before I finally settle down with this little green guy. It's light, gentle and effective. It removes my face and eye makeup in one simple step without any irritation. It is perfect in everyway - if ony it can be a litte cheaper. It is probably the best cleansing oil on the market.

on 9/2/2008 9:28:00 AM

I'm on my third bottle of this...it's become a staple in my daily cleansing routine! Previously, I used DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil but had to stop because DHC is not easily available where I am. I would say that the Fancl cleansing oil is rather similar to DHC's - both are non-greasy, leave a nice, clean feeling, get rid of tough makeup, and do not break me out. But if I really had to choose between the two, I would go for Fancl because it has a lighter (more runny) texture and comes in cute packaging, unlike DHC, which is rather more utilitarian.

on 8/30/2008 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is okay. I, too, bought this after reading a bunch of cleansing oil reviews to take off my Shiseido sunscreen. It does its job and rinses off w/ water (which I still marvel over despite the fact that I'm not new to cleansing oils). The drawbacks are that it dries out my normal-combo skin a bit too much, even in the summertime and it doesn't seem to perform any better than my trusty jojoba oil and washcloth duo (though the whole rinsing off thing is a plus over homemade). Also, I have access to the myriad of cleansing oils in the Japanese grocery stores, so I honestly can't see the point of buying this more expensive version.