April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Sintrap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this product everyday and really helps to clean pores without being stripping. Witch hazel naturally contains salicylic acid which is a common ingredient found in acne products as it's anti-inflammatory and helps promote cellular turn-over. I really like using this product to get my face's daily dose of salicylic as it is not drying at all, I can use it 2-3 times a day and it will not dry my skin. I use it 3 times a day on occasion where in the middle of the day my face feels extra oily. Overall I like it very much and it will always be my go-to astringent/facial toner as it contains no oil, no ethyl alcohol, and no filler ingredients/preservatives/junk. It's not the best smelling product out there, to me it's smells kind of like liquor but after awhile you get used to the smell and can easily dismiss that quality because of how affordable it is.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by theskincareenthusiast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since I started using the yellow label of Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner for about 7 months now, my skin has calmed down--no breakouts (aside from my occasional pimples). Its anti-inflammatory properties have done miracles for my skin. It has also balanced my skin and has retained its moisture without making my skin too oily.

After cleansing my face with Dove Sensitive Cream Bar, I put the toner on my palms and rub it in between my palms, then press and slap it on my face.

Overall, I like this product. I got used to its smell already so it does not bothers me anymore. And most importantly, it's very affordable.

Filipino, Male, 20 y-o, Oily skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy shit I don't think I've ever smelled anything like witch hazel. Smell reminds me of tequila or vodka. I always held my breath everytime I applied to my face. Will not repurchase because this product made me break out on my forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by TonkaL

First, everyone's skin reacts differently to certain products.

My sister originally bought this product for herself, and it didn't do much for her. But as for me, I love it! I am already on my second bottle of the Gentle Skin Cleanser. I use the cleanser each night before I go to bed, and right after I apply the Perfecting Skin Toner with a cotton ball. A little goes a long way with this. It removes all excess makeup and junk left on your face even AFTER cleansing. My face feels extremely refreshed and renewed.

I had ran out of the Gentle Skin Cleanser and went without it for about 2 weeks and noticed little breakouts yet again. The product has truly changed my skin. My skin is not perfect but it definitely tones my skin, gets rid of any redness and slowly but surely it's lightening my acne scars.

I noticed many people commenting on the "horrible" scent. At first it smelled a little weird, but I quickly got over it. It doesn't smell fake or perfumed, its the natural witch hazel scent which I would prefer over a product with tons of chemicals and perfumes.

I love it and I will continue to buy this product, I don't think I could go without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by RiahCitron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so sad when I lost my bottle of this and now I can't find it at Kroger anymore!! I used it every night with a cotton ball to get the rest of my makeup off after I'd wash my face and it was amazing how much makeup was still left on my face that it picked up. The smell is a bit strong, but not completely unpleasant. IT'S SO CHEAP, and you get SO MUCH PRODUCT. It kept my face clear and combination skin balanced. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend using this every night, because it does dry your skin up. But if you use a good night cream with it, you shouldn't have a problem using it nightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by caile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this witch hazel and use it daily after washing my face as I find it removes any residue, refreshes and helps with redness. Sometimes I'll just swipe some on during the day if feeling particularly grimy and it is nicely refreshing without being stripping.
It also is wonderful to have as a first aid ingredient for small irritations and insect bites etc. as it can help with inflammation and itching.
A great product to have around.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

On my 2nd bottle but i might stop buying it because i like to try new things. i used to love it but now its just okay. pros: makes your skin soft, cleans pretty well and gets whatever your cleanser missed(especially makeup), all natural, has alcohol but its natural alcohol (that doesnt sting) cons: can be drying since it does have alcohol(but i havent experienced this yet), bad smell (smells like dirty pool water to me but i got used to it), does not minimize pores( it actually makes my pores open up/return to its original size after my cleanser makes them appear alot smaller, so minus a lippie) overall: it's okay but i dont recommend it if you have dry skin , using it for pore minimizing, dislike products with scents.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was wandering around Walmart one day, picking up some stuff for my dad, and saw this. I remember hearing about how witch hazel is so good for your skin, so I picked this up for around three bucks I think.

I couldn't make this work for me. I didn't really see any change in my skin, but the deal breaker for me was the smell. It's just absolutely horrid to the point where I will never use this again. I haven't tried other witch hazel products so I don't know if it's just this stuff, or all witch hazel.

When I put it on my face it didn't really feel different, like it didn't feel any more clean which was disappointing. I may not have given it a long enough test-run to notice a difference in my skin, but I just can't deal with the smell. For me, the scent lingers after I've applied it to my face, like when I turn my head or something and I catch a whiff, just ugh.

Luckily, my dad had hemorrhoids (well, not so lucky for him!) at the time, so this went toward helping to treat that instead. So, if not for the face, witch hazel helps hemorrhoids too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by elaina26

I love this product. I use it at night after washing my face. Since using this for four months I have noticed the amount of oil my skin produces has died down a lot, also my face is less red. When I rarely did get acne this made it go away so much faster. I also use this on my bikini line after shaving and i barely get any bumps now!

The lid snaps off easily and that is the only downfall i have found.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this prouct because of all the great reviews on here and youtube. It was cheap. I paid $5.69 for the 8 oz size. Ive been using it for over a month now. 2x a day everyday and have not seen any improvments in my skin. im still getting breakouts and clogged pores. This was the only thing I added to my skincare line. It may work for other people but d
sadly I didnt see results. I was really hoping to love it but the only thing I did like was the smell. I will fimish the bottle and update.
UPDATE: I now use this product everyday after I wash my face to tone. It keeps me from getting oily throughout the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No