September 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

This is a great reconstructor! I use it every few months when I feel my hair needs an extra dose of protein. I still follow the directions that were on the salon only bottles. I leave it on for about 20 minutes, sometimes with heat like my stylist did, then shampoo after with Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner because I always have them both on hand. Any moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (without silicones or protein) would work as well. I've also used it at times as a protein filler before coloring my hair.

I do not suggest using this in any way other than the way the directions tell you to, or more often. Misuse of protein can damage hair.

Since this is a protein reconstructor and not a conditioner, you will not see noticable results immediately as you would with a great conditioner or deep treatment. What a protein reconstructor does is strengthen the hair from the inside out. Over time, this means stronger hair and less damage. A must if you color or heat style, in my opinion.

This product has been released by Nexxus to be sold on the mass market now so no worries whether or not you're buying the real thing when you see it available at grocery stores, drugstores or discount stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target.

The bottle seems small but I get at least 4 or 5 uses out of it, even as long as my hair is, so it's really worth the money.

My hair is 1c-2a/F/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, with dry ends.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hellopetri

OH MY GOD.

This product is amazing. I have very fine, fragile hair due to extensive bleaching and coloring as well as heat damage. After one use of Emergencee my hair has been TRANSFORMED. It is so soft and silky and shiny and it feels so much stronger. Normally I'm afraid to even touch my hair because breakage is so bad but Emergencee has literally saved my hair. It feels amazing. I will definitely continue buying the product,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by blueyezz74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. My hair was so dry and brittle before I started using it. I thought I ws going to have to chop off a few inches.

I've used this product about 4 times already. I followed the old instructions and left it in for 20 minutes. I didn't use heat but I will try that next time I use this product. Afterwards, I shampoo and condition with Redken All Soft.

My thin blonde hair is full of life and feels so much better. My dry ends look much smoother. Best product that I have bought in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by MrsAshour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a godsend for damaged hair. I agree with the rest of reviewers. The problem I can find with this product is that it's hard to find. I can sometimes find it at walmart or cvs. I shampoo with Suave humectect shampoo, rinse and ring hair out, use a good size amount of this, rinse, and use either allsoft hair mask/tresseme smooth and sleek mask/or infusium moisture treatment. My tripe processed hair comes out smooth and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, not a product I usually have used, but bought for my recently burned and damaged hair. I have been amazed with how this has strengthened my hair which had been singed in fire (accidentally and stupidly my fault!), with color fading and dry/strawlike texture in places. I couldn't trim off all the damaged hair since it's around my face, but this has improved the texture and reduced how much hair I expected to simply fall out or break off. My hairdresser said that the rest of my hair that wasn't burned looked great and the singed hair was not as damaged as it looked at first, I think this would be a lifesaver for people with damaged hair from perms or bleaching. I don't color, perm, or heat style (except for blowdry) so I won't re-buy except for maybe one more time, but I highly reccomend. I usually wash once and then sqeeze out as much water as possible, apply A LOT, saturate hair all over and leave on with a shower cap for about 10-15 min before I wash again and condition. I used every day for 3 days after burn and now about 1/week, small bottle and moderately expensive (relatively speaking, I think less than $25) and I bought at walgreens so no special trips or waiting for shipment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Years of highlighting left my hair dry and dull, so I tried this after doing some research. I use it every two to three weeks and my hair definitely looks and feels better. You have to wash your hair, leave this on for about two minutes, and then wash and condition your hair again. I would not use this as a leave in, but will buy this again since it gives me great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

I absolutely love this as an after-shampoo treatment. It makes my hair so soft!

I've colored and highlighted my hair. I'm very very good about washing it at most 3 times a week, but I do blow-dry, curl, and straighten regularly so I figured a little extra hydration would be a good idea.

I haven't even tried it as a leave-in conditioner yet! I'll have to do that. Even as a 3-minute after-shampoo treatment though, it's done wonders for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

This is a great post-shampoo treatment. I found it works best when left on the hair for 10-15 minutes and heat is applied. However, my favorite way to use this is a leave-on product. I mix about a dime size of the reconstructor with a half-dollar size of my smoothing cream/flat-iron protectant/anti-frizz serum du jour (I rotate amongst my many hair products) and spread through concentrating on the ends. The heat from my flat-iron or hair dryer helps to drive the reconstructor into the cuticle of the hair and the additional cream helps prevent it from feeling crusty. Split ends are almost non-existent and my hair looks a lot healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by karmiclimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently started using this on my sad, sad hair. Over the past year, I went from bleaching it every 8 weeks to henna-ing it (body art quality) and then a month later bleaching it twice in one night to try to get the henna out a , followed by color removers a couple of weeks later, then finally dyeing it dark and putting extensions in to cover all of the breakage and length I had to cut (at least 8 inches). Woo. Its kind of a miracle that I still have hair on my head...and I definitely credit this product. (Note to self: Henna looks fun but is impossible to remove, so stay away!!).
Anyway, this product makes my hair silky, healthy, strong and shiny. I won't be without a bottle...EVER!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Alienwired

i have been using this stuff for the past 3 years and adore it. its a fantastic re constructor and my dyed blonde hair adores this stuff. adding hear or a cap seems to heighten the results as opposed to letting it air dry ... this makes my sad hair happy again.