BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 1/17/2011 5:53:00 AM

I would give the 2.5 if I could. Its the first eye primer I have tried and as much as it pains me to say it I'm a little disappointed. The main reason I wanted to try it was because it would help neutralise my eyelid which I think it does very well and for that reason I really like it. However, I don't think it makes my eyeshadow stay on any longer and I think it makes creasing a little worse. For these reasons I mainly use it on its own with some eyeliner and lots of mascara when I'm in a rush and I quite like that look but don't think i'd buy it again. Will try a different one the next time and hopefully get better results!

on 1/9/2011 9:11:00 PM

This was the first eye primer that I tried and I was so dissapointed. I heard great things about it, but I just don't like it. I would use only a little bit and before I even put any eyeshadow on I could see that it had creased. I now use it under my eyes. It doesn't work that well for that either, but I had to do something with it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I GOT THIS AND IT WORKS WONDERS FOR ME =)

on 1/8/2011 8:15:00 PM

For my sister and I this is a saviour.
We both have dark circles and general darkness around the eyes.
I use a good quality eye cream first, and then apply lemon aid sparingly (I use in on lids and under eye and it helps if you have warm hands) and the brightening affect is wonderful.

Make up and eyeshadow on top goes on great, with no creasing if you use quality products.

For anyone with darkness (blue/grey) around the eyes I recommend to give this a go.

on 1/1/2011 6:10:00 PM

This has no point at all. It costs way too much to do so little. It made the skin around my eyes look yellowed and jaundiced and unnatural no matter how thin I put it on or how many different ways I tried to apply it. It's very thick and hard to spread and made me pull at the skin around my eyes. Dabbing it on just makes it splotchy. I had to hold my hair dryer on it to heat it up to make it easy to spread. It's terrible as a primer. It creased on my eyelids and there was a yellow line of product on my eyes within a few hours.

on 1/1/2011 5:46:00 PM

Like with practically all primer products, i just don't see the point in them for most ocassions!! This does look very unnatural on me, and i don't feel it does enough to warrant the sagging effect its gonna have on my eyes as i get older! For me, less is more. Another unnecessary product by Benefit!

on 12/31/2010 4:23:00 PM

really is a dissapointment, i read so many reviews saying it was great and when i got it i wasent impressed, it didnt cover up the redness on my eyes and it creased and looked awful, using it as a primer under eyeshadow sometimes it would be ok other times it would make the shadow crease and icky, ive used budget drugstor brands much better than this il defo not be buying again! the packageing was very cute tho and it has a little mirror inside but the product does end up with foundation etc mixed in with it after a few uses :(

on 12/14/2010 4:34:00 AM

I wanted to like this product so much. I have very purple/bluish eyelids and this stuff seems like it worked great! It definitely evened out my skin tone, but after just a short period of time it creased in my eyelid. I even tried primer underneath with no luck. I love the idea of this product, but it just didn't work for me.

on 12/13/2010 10:11:00 PM

I love this stuff.

I almost didn't even give it a chance. And what a shame that would have been. Before this, I was a loyal UDPP user. The problem with UDPP is that it doesn't last all that long and it dries out easily. After the first month or so of use, the velvety-ness of it starts to fade away and the product becomes more and more crusty. So even if you've watched all those videos about cutting the container open to get more product, the product you are getting is a little pasty.

This stuff on the other hand is truly a super-long lasting, great primer. It has the added bonus of color correcting as well (which you can also use it as concealer. I've tried, it works). The trick to it is you must use your finger and pat, pat, pat onto the product itself, then pat, pat, pat onto your eyelid. Once the product is warm enough, it will easily blend evenly across your lid. If you just try to take a gob of it and wipe it on your lid, you will get a streaky pasty mess. But, the pat pat method not only works wonders, it also only needs a tiny tiny bit of application... thus the reason I have been using this for the last 4 months and still have more than 2/3rds of the product left in the same consistency as when I opened it. Genius.

Not to mention it does everything an eyelid primer is supposed to do: prime your eye, keep your color vibrant and long-lasting with no creasing all day long.

on 12/10/2010 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Another sad purchase from BeneFit. I think their concealers are just not meant for me. The texture is a bit too dry for my liking and although it does brighten my under eye area, it does not really conceal my dark circles. Moving on...

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products