BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 2/13/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It didnt work for me, started out nice finish on the lids, ended up oily and creasing.

on 2/13/2011 1:44:00 PM

This product creases like crazy! It creased on my lids and under my eyes! I suppose it does sort of cover the blueish purple color under my eyes...but it`s not great. It doesn`t fare any better than average drugstore concealer, in fact, I could have purchased two of those (which may have been better quality) for the price of this. Application isn`t great either, the product is kind of thick and difficult to work with. You have to rub it, and that isn`t great for thin skin , like the kind around your eyes. I don`t think I would repurchase this.

I have vainy eye lids, and this helps covering them up just fine. However, it creases so badly. I have to use eyeshadow primer underneath it, and that way it's not a very clever product, since I could just as well put on a cream eye shadow in stead of this yellowy stuff that looks God awful if you put on more than just enough for it to show up.
They should have it not crease, because it's just another cream eye shadow (in a very unflattering color for an eye shadow, might I add) when you have to use primer under it. I won't buy it, but I probably would if it didn't crease.

Well, I'm kind of an odd duck here because I'm a guy. I have genetically dark eyes and have tried various concealers over the years. They all were either too obvious or just didn't work.
LemonAid works and is very subtle. The trick, as mentioned before, is to just tap your finger on the product then tap around your eyes.
I can't speak to its value as a primer, but as a concealer for dark circles it's very effective- just don't use much. For that reason, I don't object to the price because it will probably last me a year or more.

on 1/31/2011 5:53:00 PM

I loved this product... it really worked at brightening my eye area.. the consistency was smooth and colour suited my fair skin! I bought it from www.modcosmetics.co.uk for only half the high street price!

on 1/17/2011 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Proof that Benefit can advertise the most useless sounding product and still have people buying it... It worked alright as a primer, but there are so many better products out there for the price. It's also advertised as being an "alternative" to eyeshadow for when you want a natural look and honestly I don't get it, if you have the time to put this on, surely you have time to swipe eyeshadow on?! At least eyeshadow wouldn't make your eyelids grease and crease in no time... I suggest people with olive or golden tones in their skin avoids this as it will just bring out the yellow.

on 1/17/2011 5:53:00 AM

I would give the 2.5 if I could. Its the first eye primer I have tried and as much as it pains me to say it I'm a little disappointed. The main reason I wanted to try it was because it would help neutralise my eyelid which I think it does very well and for that reason I really like it. However, I don't think it makes my eyeshadow stay on any longer and I think it makes creasing a little worse. For these reasons I mainly use it on its own with some eyeliner and lots of mascara when I'm in a rush and I quite like that look but don't think i'd buy it again. Will try a different one the next time and hopefully get better results!

on 1/9/2011 9:11:00 PM

This was the first eye primer that I tried and I was so dissapointed. I heard great things about it, but I just don't like it. I would use only a little bit and before I even put any eyeshadow on I could see that it had creased. I now use it under my eyes. It doesn't work that well for that either, but I had to do something with it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I GOT THIS AND IT WORKS WONDERS FOR ME =)

on 1/8/2011 8:15:00 PM

For my sister and I this is a saviour.
We both have dark circles and general darkness around the eyes.
I use a good quality eye cream first, and then apply lemon aid sparingly (I use in on lids and under eye and it helps if you have warm hands) and the brightening affect is wonderful.

Make up and eyeshadow on top goes on great, with no creasing if you use quality products.

For anyone with darkness (blue/grey) around the eyes I recommend to give this a go.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products