Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

on 1/15/2008 4:06:00 PM

I bought this after reading reviews last summer. I used it (per MUA recs) over the MN Lasting Foundation. It was dead on and I used up a whole powder foundation in about 8 mos. I started to realize the lasting foundation is a little drying for the winter months, and decided to just try the powder foundation without liquid underneath....it's fabulous! It wears well, provides the medium coverage that I need, and is a great color match for me. I did find that later in the morning, a few hours after application, that it sort of highlighted my pores a bit. I tried again with some Fyrinnae rice powder primer underneath and it is flawless! I am especially thrilled with this product now, since I *don't* have to find a wintertime foundation now! I had it all along! Makes the price seem especially nice if it keeps my morning routine shorter! HG material! Thanks MUA'ers for steering me to MN. Like many others, I had completely overlooked it! EDIT: I still love this stuff, but I run out so fast and it is kind of expensive (I think $25). I have modified my routine to use the Monistat Chafing Powder Gel (see reviews here, incredible) as my makeup primer, the MN lasting foundation, and then MN Flawless Effect loose powder. I'm good to go with only 1 touchup for a 12 hour day!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i have used this powder foundation alone and over liquid foundations and have never been disappointed. everyone who i know who has tried it has liked it as well. the compact is pretty, but a bit bulky. nice look and feel, at about $24.

on 1/2/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using mineral foundations (BE and Everyday Minerals most recently), but found them to be messy and they don't travel very well. I have oily skin with a few blemishes and enlarged pores on my cheeks and I have to say that I absolutely love this foundation. I use the Ultra Golden and it is an excellent match. I plan to re-purchase this when I run out.
I did repurchase but eventually realized that I did not completely love the color and texture and have been looking for a new foundation since.

on 12/26/2007 3:45:00 PM

Nothing to rave about. Compact by itself looks cheap, surface of the powder after several times of using with BB kabuki brush looked like so unflat like a low-end one. Coverage - so-so, dusty-like. Won't buy ever.

on 12/12/2007 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a good foundation for those who need medium to fuller coverage. It's moisturizing and dewy, not matte. I like this foundation for days that I'm dry. It keeps the flakes at bay and does not accentuate my fine lines. I do not however like the packaging. It's not sanitary. So I suggest using a clean foundation brush to apply this. I tried a sponge but you can't really get it in the jar when you get halfway down.

their lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. Slight yellow undertone to balance out any ruddiness I have. If you want a matte finish or have oily skin, this is not for you. Go with Merle Norman's Long Lasting foundation instead. It's for more oilier skin types or combo skin. I use it in the summer when my t-zone is more oily. This is my wintertime foundation. It's not perfect but I'm happy so far with it. Still looking for my HG.

on 12/8/2007 6:38:00 PM

This is a perfect powder foundation, but I do not use it as a foundation. I use it a touch up compact during the day. It does not cake on like other powders. I will always have this in my purse at all times.

on 12/1/2007 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think that this foundation is beautiful, and I love the way it looks and feels. I also love the smell, and do not find it to be unbearable. I wear Ultra Ivory, and it is a perfect match for my skin.....it blends right in. MN always has a very beautiful and realistic selection of colors...the best of any brand that I've found. However, I have a brand new compact that has barely been used, and the powder in it is broken. I was not rough with it in any way and it still broke so I am applying it with a brush, but it ends up getting all over my counter. Other than that, I love this powder!

on 11/16/2007 10:22:00 PM

I've used MN products for almost 40 years - - - this Foundation is my HG. Along with the Lasting Foundation - this is what I use every day - perfect coverage!

on 11/3/2007 10:02:00 PM

Great coverage!

on 10/7/2007 12:10:00 AM

To start off, I love Merle Norman. My mother has used Merle Norman since she was a teenager and has always had so many compliments on her skin and the inherent sunscreen (before adding sunscreen was cool) in their foundations have kept her skin looking very young. The foundations are wonderful, and I have never found light enough shades anywhere else.

Regarding this product, it's wonderful! I'm mostly in love with the ease . I'd been using Bare Minearls for awhile, but it was time consuming. This stuff is so quick and easy. It seems to work even BETTER if you are in hot sweaty climates, have oily skin or love to use moisturizers. Really, I've loved every foundation from MN that I have ever tried.

Merle Normal never breaks me out, has built-in sunscreen and has very good color selection. It's so overlooked! I get compliments on my skin all the time when I wear anything from MN. It's hard to convince other people to try for some reason. Now it's like having a secret weapon!